4K res- inventory and others so small

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Iszack, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Iszack New Member

I am running EQ with default UI in 4k, I get my hot buttons set to the size I like, chat windows. But when I look at inventory, items, buffs, everything is so small. Text on item windows, buff icons, spell book and icons are so tiny. It almost makes me want to go back to a 1080p monitor :( I took a screen shot but dont have a way to post it.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

Unfortunately there is not a great solution. You have these options:
    a)move the monitor closer to your eyes so you can see more detail. You won't have room for your 4 course meal between the desk edge and monitor, though.
    b)make sure you have a good vision prescription
    c) run full screen, and change the resolution to 2560x1440 or 1920x1080
    d)get a cheap $90 1080p monitor for when playing everquest.
  3. Iszack New Member

it should be something the Dev's could fix, 4K is getting to be the new standard. They just need to increase the font size of everything.
  4. Vanrau Augur

I believe there are a couple 4k UI's on eqinterface.com. You might check them out.
  5. Axeknight_FV New Member

Don't listen to people saying your SoL. I know exactly what your talking about. Close out of your game and all clients you have open of EQ.
    Locate your eqgame.exe file. Right Click eqgame.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Change High DPI Settings > Uncheck override High DPI Scaling Behavior.
    alternatively you can make changes to your eqclient.ini but i cant remember those off the top of my head.
  6. Iszack New Member

OMG YOU ARE A AMAZING. Thank you so much.
    <
  7. Chikkin Augur

Where were you 6 years ago when I was trying to do comfy couch gaming, and because EQ is so old, could not get it to work out for me, no matter how many hours I spent googling fixes. I couldn't read anything.
  8. Mongbassa New Member

OK, dredging up this old 4k laptop monitor issue.

I just had my laptop worked on and had to uninstall the game which "Undid" the fix for the small, unreadable, unplayable, chat and box size. Before, I fixed it by going to the eqgame.exe; Properties; Change High DPI Settings; Checking the box; Selecting 'System' from the drop down box. All issues fixed and I played several months with no problems.

Today, I do the exact same thing, and restart the game, select my server....the screen goes black. I have to drag it to the left several page widths, to get to where I can X to close.

I also tried this suggestion, to 'uncheck' the box, apply, and restart the game. The screen goes black and I have to drag it to the left, several page widths, to get the X to close.

At a loss. Any other suggestions that I can try?

Thanks!!!
  9. Mongbassa New Member

Silly me... I asked Daybreak for help. They responded that they know of the problem and are sorry, but the game is not designed to work with "advanced technology" and to have a nice day.

Jesus....
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

On the upside. The DBG person in charge of hardware testing just got a boost in performance.

[IMG]
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.