Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Aelen Augur

Tylix's Lifedraw is the defensive proc on Tylix's Carapace.

Tylix's Horror recourse would also show in MeleeTap, so it'd be lumped in there.

Odds are high most of that is Mortal Coil, with the next largest portion being Epic. If your uptime on MC was high enough, Tylix's Horror might've been literally zero contribution.

+1% Dark Absorption probably wouldn't be gamebreaking, since it's actually a relatively small fraction of the MeleeTap for an SK. 1 out of 1, 1 out of 11, 1 out of 16, 1 out of 71, 1 out of 81, or 1 out of 101. Comparatively, Blood Drinker's Coating is 2% and All/All for 3 minutes out of 10. "Doubling" is the wrong word to use there without some qualifications. That said I still don't think I'd go for more Dark Absorption atm.
    Allayna likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Appreciate the clarification Aelen.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

You might also want to add dire into your multibind/spell set, I don't see it on the heal list. Unless its like crush and not good enough for your spell bar :rolleyes:

and vicious bite. I can see that your using the sk like a bot, not actually playing to potential via that screenshot :) kinda like I play my wife's paladin.
  4. Leigo You come here often?

life tap aura would be better.. similar to blood drinker's.
    also would be nice if Voice was passive at this point.
  5. Allayna Augur

Don't have to hit Dire when you're FH, it's in the line, but spamming is counter-productive on the SK as it reduces incoming heals by stopping swings. :rolleyes:
  6. sojero One hit wonder

It wont. only spells with a cast time of greater than 1 second will effect a sk swing rate with a sk/pal designed weapon. Pal are a tad bit different when they are using their hhe disc.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Dire will also probably be your 2nd highest DPS spell.
  8. Drogba Augur

It's not as simple as that. Spear, Covenant & Dissident will usually do more damage when they hit a mob than Dire. If you mean literally the DPS on a combined parse, sometimes i see Touch of T`Vem pulling ahead of Dire due to its lower re-use timer. Precise Disruption/Distasteful Bargain/Insidious Denial/Abhorrent Sacrifice all have the potential to surpass Dire at combined DPS depending on the circumstances as well.
    Allayna and Syylke_EMarr like this.