Evolving TBL items in 2020

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yosco Augur

Understand? lol... slightly condescending...

I understand the logic you're trying to apply. I just also happen to disagree with you.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Which part do you dis agree with ?

1. Evolving items are not designed for new or just returning players ?

2. Even tho they are not designed for those two grps, they SHOULD still go get them an work them as they can ?

3. Just because of them being new and or returning, does not mean they should get an easier rout then every one else who has had to move heaven an earth for their own evolvers ?

Exactly which part and why .. do you disagree with me? I am curious.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Well, since I've in every post on the topic said the ACH requirements should stay, then I have to say that you are judging me based on your pre-conceived biases rather than my statements. You don't know my gear status, my progression status or how I spend my time yet you somehow have a position on my personality and motives because my view opposes yours.

The ACH should stay. They should be earned. The requirements should not be changed. They should still be difficult to obtain the ACH and they should still be difficult to evolve. People have tolked about the number of kills to evolve the items, but not me, not once.

I enjoy doing ACH. I don't need or want them to be easy. I want there to be a reason to do them beside hearing a ding. I want the requirements to stay on evolving items. I think the design of the items is great and I have no objections to the effort required. Moving them up one tier is not about being lazy. I simply think they should be usable while obtaining the ACH rather than being worse than even T1 armor. I believe in balance in design. The evolvers design is just slightly out of balance.

Your accusations reflects much more upon you than it does upon me, because your accusations are bias and completely unfounded.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

funny thing.. you CAN use them while doing the ach's to unlock them.

You say you dont want it easier or any of that .. yet you yourself want them to be better then other grp gear right from the word go.

Every single expansion I've ever played in had a Teir'ed system for gear .. both raid an grp.

In my opinion, they were better before they started to mess with them in the first place .. then they locked them behind raid progression, an lowered the BEST teir they evolve to .. stats down by 500hme an 50ish ac .. or something along those lines.

Had they left them alone in the first place those of us who had them finished off an aug'ed to the 9's would have loved that.

We all have our own opinion on how stuff should be. meh..
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Actually to me it says they aren't ready for the next expansion should stay at level 110 and max stuff out instead of gaining levels and moving to the new expansion.
  6. yosco Augur

Honestly, that's one of the most "raider-elitist" things I've seen posted here in a really long time. A bone thrown to the non-raiders once in a while is welcome.

And to reply to your earlier reply to me, I disagree with your entire characterization of the items. I doubt the devs sit around and think "this isn't a new or returning player item, despite the fact that a new or returning player could easily loot it." The basis of your argument sits on shaky ground, in my opinion.

The evolving exp needed to level up the items is already a significant roadblock to many more casual players. Upping the level that requires achievements to further level from Tier 1 to Tier 2 or 3 isn't that big of a deal. Tier 2/3 puts it right around TBL visible armor level. It also gives slower players a chance to get whatever achievements are necessary actually complete.

I mean, it doesn't lessen OUR achievements, right? I have all four items maxed (minus the tier behind raid locks). I'm not going to cry if more casual players have a slightly easier go of it than I have.
  7. yosco Augur

Actually, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying with your raid progression comment. If so, please correct me.
  8. Brohg Augur

Yes, it's very normal for characters on aggregate to be twice as powerful after level-ups. Stronger tanks better heals better dps for everyone easily doubling the number of older monsters they can kill.
    Tucoh and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Well its a good opinion to have. But in game clearly supports my claim. That the rare's are not supposed to be for everyone .. (Beleive it or not , I honestly think I read that from a dev on one of the hundreds of threads about those very items) iirc .. I would show ya but can't remember which dev , in which thread stated that very thing.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

So its ok for casual players such as yourself to all day every day post after post say how wrong the devs are an how everquest is on its last legs an the sky is falling because of (reasons)..

Yet when some one who actively raids, Supports the VERY same dev's you an many others dog on constantly .. by saying OUR opinion on what they did ..

Its wrong ?

So why is it ok for you to cry about something ..

Yet not ok for me to on the opposite spectrum ?
  11. yosco Augur

lol, you presume a lot about me and how I spend my time in EQ. Also, show me where I "dog on" a dev :) Please.

I'm simply saying there's a middle ground to be had. It's you who decided to take an extreme position, and really only you who have been openly vocal about it.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Since this devolved to personal attacks...

Poof!
    Jhenna_BB, Marquele, Allayna and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.