Grey MOBs .... Why I hate you.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Low-ish level MOBs can summon me... Stun me … but they can't hit me .. so I cant riposte them.

Irritating.
  2. Axxius Augur

This is my pet peeve as well. These pesky trash mobs in whatever zone I need to farm some tradeskill thing. They can't possibly harm me, but they can summon and bash me.

Seriously, can we have a level range on stuns and summons by non-raid mobs? If it's not flagged as a raid mob, and it's more than 30 levels lower than the player - it can't summon or land a stunning attack on that player. Pretty please?
    Sheex, Caell, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  3. Laronk Augur

I feel grey mobs shouldn't summon and all but the dumbest ones shouldn't even agro you.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Just hit an ae button, the all explode, done.
    kizant likes this.
  5. kizant Augur

Summoning can be a good thing.
  6. Allayna Augur

I mean, if you forgot your key inside and the mob is helpful enough to summon you home...
    kizant likes this.
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

There are times when I have said to myself .. "oh thank you I needed that summon"... but mostly I cant but think … "I con RED to you... You Dumb A#$%^ MOB."
    Caell and FawnTemplar like this.
  8. kizant Augur

I guess I don't farm old content enough because I always think it's fun to be summoned. :( Although, I usually just kill things wherever I happen to be. Are you guys always trying to train large pulls to box groups or something?
  9. Spankage Elder

Summoning grey cons is the only way I've ever been able to get into the crystal tunnels in POE, as Jaggedtooth is 100% dead 100% of the time
    Legitimately the only creature in eq that I've never seen in 15 years
    kizant likes this.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Sure would be nice if everyone got an ae damage ability ><
    Caell likes this.
  11. Herf Augur

12. GoneFission Augur

My son and I refer to how the grey cons should avoid you as “death walks among us.” But they don’t always realize that.

Unless I was looking for a slayer achievement, I like to mass farm trade skill drops with pet classes. Turn off aggro, get as many mobs as I can, then turn on pet and summon swarm pets until they’re all dead.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Funny enough, in EQ2, gray mobs cower in fear when you pass.
  14. Stephen51 Augur

New AA idea;
    Summoning Resistance - 15/30/60 - You can no longer be summoned by mobs more than 40/30/20 levels below you.
    I cant imagine being able to resist level 90 (95 in new expansion) would be overpowered or game breaking?
    If DB had worries about raids, they could exclude raid mobs.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  15. Lilura Augur

It IS stupid. There should be a limit on summoning and agro, with an exception for undead. There I can see the logic of a level 60 mob attacking a 110. It's dead, brainless, it has no sense of self-preservation. But a living mob should have a sense of I'm not messing with him.

But let's face it, old expansions don't exist in the minds of devs. And by old I mean anything older than TBL at this point. THey never go back and fix, just the occasional pointless nerf (like escape)
    Caell likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Summoning mobs are the devil!

Try getting a spell off when you have a couple summoning you in different directions!

Players should be treated as raid mobs if the NPCs are 10 levels lower than us and the same player restrictions should be applied to NPCs so if we cannot stun/summon mobs X amount of levels over our own then they shouldn't be able to either! Same with mez/charm etc.

These days I either farm greys with a merc out or use my beastlord and let the pet run riot.
  17. Lilura Augur

What I've always wondered is how do they know your name? "You will not evade me, Lilura!" Really? I didn't know we had been formally introduced.
    Herf likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

Untrue. They fix old content IF it has an impact on TLP, without regard to the effect on live.
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. Lianeb Augur

It's above your head, just like theirs is
    :)
    Herf, Belexes, Axxius and 3 others like this.
  20. Yirrara Journeyman

And since this is a requirement for PoP hunter, anyone that didn't do it yet and wants to evolve his TBL gloves will curse if grey mobs don't summon anymore.