So WHEN will the autobots be addressed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinny4Life, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

I still think they should release a "Let's see what software can do" server at some point, scripting and automation encouraged. It's a different way of playing for sure, and obviously fun for some players. I have to admit I'd be very curious to see if people could fully script raid forces for some of the late expansion raids, emote compliance, complex strategies and all.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

We already had these servers but you forgot to add in exploits and cheats that's what comes with those scripts and automation.

1. RF & LJ (large scale warps, automation and 2 massive dupes)
    2. Phinny (lower scale automation, limited warps and mass quest abuse least until I left for Agnarr)
    3. Agnarr (more automation, more warps not like RF or LJ)
    4. Coirnav (I didn't play on)
    5. Mangler (wicked high automation, good amount of cheats)
    6. Selo's (my friend abused 24/7 automated /baz bots that averaged 3.8 krono a day for 84 days until he quit for WoW classic) not bad considering he never left that zone
    7. Upcoming I hear is removal of Motm and a possible mini ghost hack I never saw the original ghost hack I hear it was crazy back in the day.
    Maybe they can make a PvP server and throw in do whatever in terms of cheats and see how fun it is. :rolleyes:
  3. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

It wasn't just the bot. I don't know what the setup is or what but a MESS warrior served as the last tank in the rotation. There were other players from that guild there but those could be excused for getting faction hits. I'm not sure how you explain a warrior being in the rotation though.
  4. Kappel New Member

Mess was there for faction hits. When his warrior(s) went down our tank stepped in rather then wipe.
  5. Xanathol Augur

It's not impressive at all - it is built in functionality (Google results come right up). Watched a guy today with ~40 toons in Kael from different guilds (including an untidy one already mentioned) where those ~40 toon autofollowed him without targetting him then engaged his target apparently on command (not right away), spread out, and max melee'd while the tanks all spammed taunt. It was blatant and the guy is still running around right now even despite confirmation that my petition and evidence was received hours ago while he was still doing it.

So to the OP, you ask "when"? The answer appears to be "never" because they don't actually want to do anything about it.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  6. discordkitty Augur

The only thing that is certain is that dreamweaver will be along to lock this thread with the quote made by Holly. Outside of that, nothing will ever be done to eliminate the cheaters that provide them a lot of income.
  7. Scruff Elder

tHANK YOU FOR YOUR tIME EVERyONE
    discordkitty likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they spread out that's pretty bad. Like... the botter should know to disable that it's so blatant. Post some vids but block names please.
  9. Henrich New Member

Mystery 60boxer, tied into mess, whats next?
    Will laugh if you've been out smarted by a guild who auto follows tanks.
  10. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

Lol I had to laugh at how you say you watched "a guy" as if theres tons of people boxing 40 toons. That is THE guy that everyone is talking about.

His chars are in different guilds yes, but thats because when hes not raiding he has them one group at a time in different camps across diff zones. This is the guy thats warping, this is the guy that woke sleeper, you look at his toons they have sleeper, ntov, tunare and HoT gear on. There is no other boxer doing that, this is the same guy from selos that had 4 picks of 25 chars each in SG at the same time while being on coirnav.

all signs point to an inside job imo. cmon the guy is using kiss assist with melee, been multiple videos of how bottish all the melee pathing is, how he taunts through walls far distances, how hes warping to commonlands to parcel his loot then warps back to each camp spot or to his raid zone. people report him and gms do nothing, but when he gets griefed GMs show up right away and suspend people. what logical GM would see someone boxing this many chars on autofollow at once on a truebox server and say thats legit?

any logical GM would see all of these toons raiding at the same time, mark their names down, go check on them a day later seeing them all independently farming in different zones moving on their own pathing at the same time and come to the conclusion that no person could legitly manage that many groups in different camps on different paths. the guy bots disco, juggs, chef, halls of testing at the same time. tell me how a legit person can do that manually.

the gms ought to go work at target, i think cashiers at target make more and do their job better.

by the way this is the same guy that did it on coirnav, that someone posted a video of 3 groups stacked ontop of each other in chardok using KISS (google coirnav chardok bot and first video result is there), same guy that was at sirens grottos in coirnav on video with multiple rangers shooting mobs, he also warped on that server killing AOW and such.

hell this thread is still there from last december, same dude lol - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/coirnav-overrun-by-afk-scripters.253573/page-3

it didnt change then its not changing now.

discordkitty and Mithra like this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not one of those, "Enough, I quit" guys but I gotta say DBG's handling (or not handling) the botters is really pissing me off.
  12. Vack Elder

Listen the GM's must some great projects in store. Because they do not have time to care about any breaking the rules or exploiting or cheating.

Give those GM People a break! Who has time to actually police those policies! You crazy people!
  13. Bgierhan New Member

I think capture theory has a role here. It's usually the reason of apparent extreme impotence. Like your politician that won't e-mail pharma companies to stop killing people. So basically the people that have the most to gain being the GMs here have become GMs over time and now that they have the power they want to maintain: 1. plausible deniability 2. the status quo 3. their income 4. their position 5. eliminate competition to take their place. Everything you'd expect from a corrupt society.

There is no reason to allow p99 to even exist. From every business model I can think of, why on earth would someone else allow another entity to copy cat them and draw away the subscriptions (even if most subs are using krono to sub). Imo, it's the equivalent of watching China copy patents and sell in their market before the patent expires. To add to that, Sirken of P99 being caught giving out spawn timers, you've got to be brain dead to allow P99 to exist on top of it being corrupt and still allowing it.

Just imagine if they did not allow auto follow in a raid, that would do wonders. Or what if they did not allow more than 3 characters to follow another character when not in raid, that would be hilarious. I'm not even creative and I feel like there are many things they could do, but choose not to because they want to maintain the corrupt status quo.
  14. Machen New Member

You should be aware that bots don't use autofollow. All that would do is hurt legit gamers.
  15. code-zero Augur

There is a certain type of customer in the game who will never understand simple things like that.
  16. Hadesborne Augur

No, the A-team. Let's get them. Everyone knows the decepticons always lose.
  17. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

Bots can use autofollow, if youre saying afk bots no, but the ones that follow their master to slay raid targets, sometimes autofollow with M Q is better than stick. m q 2 advpath makes this so
  18. Machen New Member

m q 2 advpath is not Everquest autofollow. It redefines the /follow command. It does not use the Everquest /follow code in any way.
  19. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

but it still uses the command /follow =p
  20. AcemoneyFV Augur

I think people under estimate how many people use these programs / rely on them to play.

Over 20,000+ registered users on the two big forums (20k per forum). Sure, maybe only a thousand might be active but overtime, LOTS of people used or tried to use these programs. Some might be a member on both, either way, it's A LOT of people.

Active on Discord for either forum on a good night is 100ish people.

Now take into consideration all the casual people who just use the program and don't post on the forums, talk in discord, etc.. I'm guessing there is close to another 1000 or so people playing that do this.

If you start banning some people, you have to ban EVERYONE. You can't pick and choose. If you enforce rules, you do it for EVERYONE.

No way this game survives when 1000+ bans go out in a single month. Overtime they keep searching and looking for active hacks / changes on accounts, more bans go out. This game would of been dead forever ago. Why do you think they turn a blind eye to the programs? You wouldn't even have a real game to complain about, you'd be on P99.
    Gottar likes this.