Evolving TBL items in 2020

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yosco Augur

Good luck. DBG will still get your sub money.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm going to go ahead and up these anyway.
    ITEM_SPELL_DATA
    SPELLNAME
    Whispering Midnight Defending Fire
    Whispering Midnight Defending Magic
    Blazing Euphoria Defending Fire
    Blazing Euphoria Defending Magic
    If we make a future change in response to riposte changes, I'll address it again.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not with lifetime accounts they won't they have all ready had it.
  4. Lianeb Augur

I like it!!

But now I have to go back and refarm them lol. I should have them by next patch thanks to half lockouts so no complaints here.
  5. Brohg Augur

thing is, they could double. they could triple. it still won't be parsable dps.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Outstanding. If parses of their performance would be helpful I'd be glad to help. I dont know what your procs per minute goal is but Like Brohg says you'd have to more than triple the current rate for it to really become a factor.
  7. Brohg Augur

They'd have to get bumped by an order of magnitude just to stop getting "is this bugged link?" "are you sure?" questions in #general. And that before defense skill check reduction is factored.

Fwiw - I'm wholly on the side of "let bad items be bad". The opportunity to learn that one thing can be better than another with low stakes is a meta value to Defending augments.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I totally agree that every item doesn't need to be a valid option, but I love the defending augs because it's one of the ways warriors can generate pseudo-AE aggro, which has substantially dropped as a result of the defense skill check reduction (where we aren't getting nearly as many rune procs from our shawl, debuff procs from our belt etc). These items should never be what drives our aggro and we have other AE abilities (dragonstrike, concordant expanse, wade into battle), but that one defending magic proc on a new mob that just entered the fray and took a swing at you might be the only thing that stops it from switching to your healer when they hit you with a splash heal.
  9. yosco Augur

That's a good point about the shawl procs and belt procs and their impact on AE agro. I didn't really consider the changes impacting the shawl because I was still finishing mine up, but that makes a ton of sense.

Frankly, as a SK with a Devout Rune weapon, I don't know if I've actually ever seen my shawl proc. Where does the buff icon go?
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Shawl procs off dodge. How often do you dodge? Like a fraction of 1% incoming swings in most cases?

No reason to use shawl aug over a better stat aug at this point as a tank.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Jalelorf Augur

Bring back epic weapons please. :)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. kizant Augur

Never bring back epic weapons please. :)
    Zanarnar and Tucoh like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

agree.

TBL evolving items are EQ's 2018 epics and were a huge hit. Please repeat.
  14. yosco Augur

With the hit/miss calc changes it’ll proc even less frequently now! Maybe a dev would consider a proc rate boost or something.
  15. Homeless New Member

Any chance of getting another tier added to current evolve items for completion of all upcoming expansion achivements? For the work put in to evolve the items would be nice to be able to evolve them further into the upcoming expac.

Also. A quest to turn 2.0/2.5 epics into a slot 4 or even 18/19 augment would be awesome! Necros need a new weapon!
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Current evolvers are already statted to be best-in-slot equipment through the next expansion.
  17. AcemoneyFV Augur

RoF class weapons were pretty good. Let's get weapons like those again. :D
    Elyssanda, Brohg and kizant like this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Even those are highly unlikely.. think bout the expansion they came out in.. then remember when eq was sold..

They had 5 or 6 extra devs back then.. this is why we got staggered release of zones.

PoShadows.. and chelsith..

Then the 3 rebirth (end rof) zones..
  19. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yup, RoF was the last good expansion imo. I liked CoTF but it was pretty small, like all the current ones.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

With ratios to last, this time, please! As great as they (mostly) were for looks & effects :ThumbsUpEmoji:, they were released way late and lacked the plain stats to last into the following expansion :(

wishlist to fix the "mostly"s:
    • Ber Frenzy proc instead of DD proc on their weapon, like Arrow proc is on rng bow
    • On Rng bow, a sympathetic mana proc
    • Parity on pal/sk procs & symps, not "same healing on both but SK one also does damage" nor "same damage on both but SK one also heals". Lifesap versus HoTT dmg/heal proc would be fine though :)
    • since pets have Resume now, could the enc DD proc actually mez the mob, too? that'd be cool, would backdoor their Somnolence proc onto nukes :)
    • dru should probably proc "Remote" DD/HOTT-heal paladin
    • War weapon should be bigger than the rog one >.<
    • for Kizant in particular, the wizard one might lash out & kill the elementalings summoned by the magician one :D
    Tucoh and AcemoneyFV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.