Pound for Pound

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clawbird, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Yeah that's a long day even by today's standards. Really impressive that it was done back then. Especially with competition.
  2. Drogba Augur

You're also supposed to crouch down and face away from the mob whilst un-equipping your greaves.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Fleeting Augur

4. yosco Augur

What was the name of the endgame raiding guild on torvo back in the day? It was like top 10 serverwide. The guild leader was a bard who did amazing stuff ... like he was always at the forefront of whatever the new bard-ly ability was to earn exp or otherwise trivialize content. Dude’s name started with an R ....
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Blades of Wrath? Darkstar Alliance? Immortals Rising? those were the top 3 on Torv til it merged with Fennin..
    yosco likes this.
  6. yosco Augur

Blades of Wrath!!!!!!!!! The bard in question was the Leader of BoW, I think. I was actually in Immortals Rising (as a mage and bard) while competing with DA for #2 on the server.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

According to an archived version of the BoW site, it looks like you might be thinking of Rampagious. It lists him as guild leader and a bard. Looks like his character is on FV now according to Magelo.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. yosco Augur

That's him! He was the reason I got into barding... but don't tell him that (not that I think it's the original Rampagious, but perhaps).

*edit* ah, magelo hasn't been updated since 2015. RIP, Ramp!
  9. Zunnoab Augur

I don't want to call him out by name, but one of my fellow raid leaders I was guilded with in the past as well. I would use him directly as an example of measurement vs. other shadowknights, even years after he left, right up until we merged and I was guilded with him once more.

There are some truely amazing players. A certain Triton cleric that was in my guild in the past impressed me greatly in HoT as well. If his kite group tanks failed... he would end up doing so... successfully.

There are a lot of players I can think of like this, but I hesitate to list them. Those two examples are far and away so good they are definitely among the top though, not at the exclusion of others.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. yosco Augur

Haha, the cleric kited??? Damn!
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

Should have just named this post "Who's your favorite person from each class".
    Act of Valor and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Nailed it.
  13. Fluid Augur

Honorable mention. Silverlock Gnome Enchanter. Mostly because he was one of the first to figure out how to run an Enchanter and spread the knowledge.