Changes to Hiatus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but while you are changing this , would it be possible to have it effect mana regen as well as enderance regen?
    As a ranger with huge mana costs on spells, and now the 8% (tax) on escapes, it would go along way to offset the drain.
  2. yosco Augur

Breather already gives melee toons essentially infinite endurance... might as well make it infinite mana, too.
    menown likes this.
  3. Funky Augur

but hiatus is going to work while in combat... breather im guessing will still require out of combat since they didn't mention a change for it.... on most raids. when you die and get rezzed in, you're instantly in combat and fade wont allow you to drop out of combat to hit breather.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would rather they fix our problems by making our arrow spells into discs and giving Magicians something like an explosive modulation rod: Decease hit points by 200,000. Increase mana by 75,000. The current rods are weak :)
    Funk likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

They probably wouldn't even need the Breather line if they made endurance regen overall comparable to how mana regen is, but for whatever reason they make it 1/20 the regen on anything if it even exists, when they aren't really that different in amounts used to pump into DPS
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

On my rogue during raids, I can hit Breather as soon as I am rezzed if it is the first button I click, but not too many other chances for it to work after that.

Also, if you are fast, you can hit it during raids when no reds are on ETW. Very few chances, but there are some places you can do it in RoS and TBL raids.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Posted this in the announcement thread:
    Have EQ devs ever answered why bards don't have hiatus? I'm genuinely curious.
    Elyssanda and yosco like this.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Hmm not sure what 'breather' is, as i generally just play the ranger. But Hiatus is near useless to us, as we consume next to no endurance.

Ahh now i see, precursor to hiatus. Never used it, much like hiatus rofl.
  9. yosco Augur

As a ranger, I could see mostly ignoring it.... as a zerker/rogue/monk/warrior its pretty damn important.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Imagine if Hiatus also increased your mana by 9k a tick for 8 ticks, that's how big it is to most others that have it and how big it'd be to bards.
  11. Belexes ForumQuester

So is Staunch Recovery. Except that when you use it, you are almost certain to die in the next 60 secs in a raid after pressing it. :D
    Jhenna_BB, Winnowyl and Greymantle like this.
  12. Moldar Augur

Hiatus does serve a purpose on the Ranger class; however, you really only need it for 1 tick just so that you're able to use Jolting and Focused Blades w/o having to worry about not providing synergy to both yourself and your group (tbf: you only need like 1-2% to do this anyways and 1 "tic" of Hiatus will give you more than you will ever consume). Better than getting 2 different "you do not have enough X to cast this ability."
  13. Funky Augur

with the new increase to VS endurance cost, breather and/or hiatus would be amazing to have now.

i dont recall ever seeing why we dont have it... all i know is bards are by far the worst in the game as far as mana/endurance regen... a lot of things that give others mana/endurance back does not work on bards (paragon for example).... heck, it took forever for bards to be able to get mana back from a mod rod
  14. Allayna Augur

Historically bards had very few spells with an endurance or mana cost and they have been locked at meditation skill (1). Over the past several years more and more abilities, AAs, spells have a cost mana or endurance cost tied to them while not really addressing the lack of a meditation skill or a disc to regain endurance. I mean there was this one spell - dicho, but that got nerfed into non-use.
    Funky and Elyssanda like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

You apparently don't raid where breather is useless.
    Belexes, Funky and Winnowyl like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

2m and increase mana by 750,000. But only for rangers. We're running out of ranger death jokes.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Currently we get rezzed after a death in raid, instantly end up on aggro, and have 0 endurance. We are useless. Can't use breather, can't use hiatus. We could try to tank, but we can't hold aggro as all our buttons cost endurance.

If our healers are on the ball we can tank with rez effects but we need enough endurance to hold aggro.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  18. Maedhros High King

Very pleased that we will be able to use hiatus after a rez mid raid like it was intended, regardless if the event likes to immediately put you back on hate list.
    yosco and Bigstomp like this.
  19. yosco Augur

Same! So much so that I guess I need to finally get this disc on my toons hah.
    Metapsyche and Maedhros like this.
  20. Metapsyche Augur

I was just thinking “I think that’s my only “modern” rank 2 skill” lmao