Pound for Pound

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clawbird, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Jondalar Augur

Animalgak - warrior
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

lol
    Oakenblade and Cadira like this.
  3. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

OK Ill bite ... I will throw out my vote for the best to play the game.

Jenamdar the Mystic, from Afterlife was unparalleled as a Shaman, I had the pleasure of being second shaman to him for some pinnacle times in Afterlife. I have never seen anyone better since. He kept a World Class guild fully buffed and on the move, while casting debuffs, DPSing and rebuffing the dead and there was never once a time when he said "hold on guys I need mana". And with almost no group buffs all single target buffs.

As for overall as one group, the entire Afterlife Guild from 1999 to 2002 -- did things no one else did ... ever before them.

I remember this day, Thott got sick of being locked out of content by the EU guild and rode us into battle to prove a point ... and it was a one h3ll of a point he made. It was the longest raid I had ever been on and will never forget it.

[IMG]
  4. Brohg Augur

I can't know if you're joking, but I've absolutely had an SK in raids who treated Harmshield as a defensvie disc
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I used to get assigned to “drake duty” on Broodmother in Crystallos.

And it was glorious in every aspect of the word. A pure moment of #RaidUtility.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Miss you, pal.

Hope you are doing as well at the game of life as you did at the game of EverQuest when you played. <3
    Oakenblade likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I havent read the thread...but I'm gonna say ME.... clearly me.....without a doubt. Even when drunk. Sometimes I do even have to hit autoattack... but ima kinda l33t like that in a crazy SK OP way.
  8. Lianeb Augur

True story. Happened on Open raids last Saturday on Fire raid
  9. Fintank Augur

I mean..... If you pair Harmshield with a certain ability it's basically just 18s of deflection but also works on spells
    kizant, Drogba and Duder like this.
  10. Brohg Augur

That was very much not happening :p

Also, in the context of Fire raid particularly? the technique you bring up Fin would 100% guarantee death, since invulnerability stopped preventing dot damage some time ago, but totally prevents heals.
  11. Allayna Augur

Nerf inc.
  12. shiftie Augur

Doesn’t prevent darb or paladin aurora
  13. Brohg Augur

nerf paladins!
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

we're still reeling from the valorous rage nerf, go easy on us
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Rangers have a taunt button. Don't expect to be too much above them. Taunt = Tank. I'm expecting to have my cleric merc tank in groups.
  16. Zurril Elder

We've all seen some folks that struggle here and there, but then there are those who clearly need some training to improve. A few that stood out to me for the greatest opportunity for improvement...

Cleric: Civility
    Druid: Curability
    Enchanter: Possibility
    Magician: Newduslo
    Warrior: Leupold

I think to help them, we really need to take an honest look at their individual play styles and see if there is a common denominator of what the problem is. Really look for that deep understanding. You know, to help ...
    Mintalie likes this.
  17. yosco Augur

Is the common play style that they're bad at eq?
  18. yosco Augur

Can we all also acknowledge that the name of this thread is uber stupid, too? Last I checked, 1s and 0s and pixels don't weigh anything.

Bazinga.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Greattoad
  20. jeskola pheerie

Wizard: Phaex
    Druid: Dianora
    Mage: Rainbowdash/Vaft/Benhan (3-way tie)
    Warrior: Hamshire
    Necromancer: Minyanea
    Ranger: Slythe
    Shaman: Bragg