Should they think about creating 3 options for further changes.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CrazyLarth, Oct 3, 2019.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...st-show-interview-with-holly-longdale.259731/

What got me thinking about this is what Holly said that both groups are about equal in the link above vid.

I mean its two different groups with different desires

Live servers what ways to level up low level toons fast or slow, solo or Molo or group. High level toons Dont want nerfs

TPL - want to find groups to have fun exploring the old EQ zones grouping and having fun rememeing the old game or new to the game.
    Low level toons can live with changes they don't know about how it was before but play how it is now.

My question is its one game EQ but we don't know whey changes are made and if they might be better for one group vs another or for the both groups.

I don't know maybe they already have a way to do this but maybe they don't review all changes to if it should only go to one group of servers.

for the long term of the EQ game should they think about creating two paths for further changes. So not all changes meant for the TPL servers are pushed to Live servers changing the Live game.

Most changes can be pushed to all but some changes should be to one group.

Change > Live Test > Live servers
    Change > TPL Test > TPL servers
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not really 2 separate groups. A lot of people play on both.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think from what devs have said in the past that they cannot separate the changes between the live and TLP hence the locked door fiasco and other unintended damages to live servers from changes made on TLP.

The test server is said to be separate - that what happens on test stays on test.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It would be nice if they could seperate them
  5. Allayna Augur

And there are plenty who play exclusively TLP or exclusively live.
    Elyssanda and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

They can't even separate the beta code from the live code, apparently all the code for all the servers is just in one big heap, live, test, beta, TLP, the whole works!
  7. Brohg Augur

A lot of people play on both and update Gamparse to bind pets correctly, too
    Raccoo likes this.