Report as spam

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dexxeaa00, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Seems like people are starting to Report people as spam , when they are not spam. My account was reported as spam by someone. I was not even able to send tells. It's fixed now . The problem is that I'm not anywhere close to a spammer. Is /ignore not good enough ? So now people can silence others for malicious reason. For example they may not like you as a person for personal reasons.
  2. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

Are you sure you were reported? This seems to still be that automated nonsense going on the for the past few years. Multiple people in my guild will randomly be unable to talk in uchat due to a spam tag. I'll be carrying on a conversation with folks in uchat and suddenly my message is marked as spam. I have to reword the message a dozen times until I can find a way that it will go through - there's no rhyme or reason as to why it was marked as spam that I can see.
    Dexxeaa00 and CatsPaws like this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

lol try doing raid loot when you cant see what is being called for you to bid on.
    I would love a way for raiders to see all SPAM messages so we can get loot done.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As mentioned the automatic spam filter can cause problems. Another factor I have read about is how new your account is. New accounts have a more stringent spam check done apparently. And if you skip the patcher when logging in it also makes your account seem to be a new account. Second hand info I have read on the forums though.

Personally I have sometimes seem the wording of a post get it marked as spam. Change the wording and it is fine.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As long as you have Show Spam marked as on you can click on the word SPAM and see the message. Sub optimal solutions. Ideally having Show Spam clicked on would just dispay the spam as normal text.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

i see partial message and it does not show the linked item and the texts after the link. I assuming that is what I am missing from the text.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah, if we could get this fixed, or at the very least figure out WHAT is causing it, that would be great.

FYI commas and CAPS seem to trigger the automated SPAM filter.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.