Framing the debate - Fade changes.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 30, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

The first time I accidentally did a snare/fade split with my wizard because I'd tab to the wrong window I knew that they'd made a mistake in giving all classes some sort of fade. It worked perfectly and that was a bad thing IMHO
    Belexes likes this.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Could also create a Necro only weapon aug that gave the same / similar (level capped??) effect as their epic. Then they could move on from that as well.
  3. Mazame Augur

It is funny that as you read post people talk about how the game gone down hill from HoT. I think your the 1st person I seen post saying that change during that time were an improvement.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Rogue escape never changed to 90%. It's still 100%.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Amen! I agree with this post.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

I'm not sure if you speak of the vocal crowd that complain about utility abilities existing for all but a couple classes. Most vocal most definitely does not mean "most."
  7. Mazame Augur

Yes I was speaking of the people posting on the forms and I by means think the people posting are most of the player base. Many of the people that post are one QQing about this or that. Very few post about good changes that have taken place and that was what I was talking about when I said most ppl posting are talking about HOT on going down hill.
  8. Dewey Augur

I have had it fail. But I pull alot. Mainly I just use it if the fadelure fails.

It doesn't fail because of a cast or anything else. It just fails. I am surprised that you think it is 100%. Even if it is "Supposed" to be 100%, it's not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this...

If rogue escape is 100%, and that is what the dev's are changing the fade to. Then don't bother because it still fails.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

I main a rogue and I rarely use escape. Never use it much in raids, just in the weird random spots where you can use breather in the last two expansions. In group play, I only use it if the group wipes and you need someone to survive to pick up the pieces. :D

You shouldn't have to use it to manage aggro as rogues have a few tools for that already. I don't use it for pulling either.

I pull usually with the staff of viral flux clicky after doing the smoke bomb. Then use the dagger throw to pull the mob I clickied on out of the group. Single mob is pulled. No need to use escape. Escape is a oh crap button. Inefficient way to pull if you ask me.

Personally, I think it should go to 80% and 10 minute refresh, just like the ranger.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I know it's 100%. The only time it "fails" is when you hit escape and don't hide/sneak fast enough. That's not escape failing, that's you or I failing to hit the buttons fast enough when the mob is very close.
    Allayna and Belexes like this.
  11. Dewey Augur

It fails even with hide/sneak fast enough. If it's a caster and it cast. It has a 80% chance to break your invis and see you. How is that 100%? You just like to argue semantics don't you?

Is that a Cliff stone in your power source slot? Nice Magelo padding Lol
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Thats still not fade failing. Thats just invis breaking and the mob reaggroing, and I always thought if a mob finished its cast after you faded that it broke invis 100% of the time. If you are close enough to reaggro it reaggros. Make sure you are well away from it and it wont.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Do you even play a Rogue? The Cliffy and the EDS are both +4 hDEX base. Which is the only thing that matters. Has nothing to do with padding, it's what I had in there at the time. The +hSTR portion of EDS is meaningless.

And if you get hit by a nuke and that breaks hide/sneak.. that's not escape failing. That's something breaking hide/sneak. That's not even semantics. That's how the game works. But here, let me explain it in simple terms.

You watch that little combat icon at the top. It has an X when you're in combat. You hit escape, if the mob isn't too high of a level, you'll go out of combat every single time. <- THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF THE ESCAPE ABILITY RIGHT HERE. Everything after this is not a success/fail. If you're slow on hitting hide/sneak and the mob sees invis, he will see you. Ooops, you're back on agro. If an ae hits you, and breaks hide/sneak, and you're still standing right beside the mob... well, best hope you can hide again already because he might see you.
    svann and Belexes like this.
  14. Dewey Augur

If the mob cast and breaks your invis. Then they reaggro even if they don't see you. That's escape failing and has nothing to do with how fast you hit hide/sneak.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No it isn't. That's flat out wrong.

For example, Cleric fade says EXACTLY the same thing as Rogue on success:

You escape from combat and evade your opponents.

On a *FAIL* it says:

You failed to escape from combat but you evade some of your components.

My Warrior and Zerker logs have exactly the same success/fail messages.

On my Rogue, the *ONLY* time I have "You failed to escape from combat but you evade some of your components." is during raids. Mobs that are above the level cap for escape.

If you get seen AFTER you hit escape due to a spell hitting you, that's not escape failing you. That's something hitting you and breaking hide/sneak. Not sure how that's hard to grasp.

Oh... and if you have any of our DoT's rollin on the mob... the mob will go HELLO Dewey! after you escape. That's not escape failing either.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Fades .. for me would be same. Rogue bard and chanters.

Fd however ..

Necromancer..

Monk thats it for me.

BL..nope. Sk nope.. this abity should not be a hybrid shared ability. It should remain as a parant ability only.
  17. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Wrong. The game wins. EverQuest is a joke compared to what it used to be, to the point people have to look for progression servers because everyone on live is a walking demigod.
    They know what they should have done, and that is to remove ALL fade abilities except for fd classes and bard, like it was in the early days before they started whoring out everything to everybody.
    Petalonyx and Belexes like this.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Dude...
    Smokezz likes this.
  19. Yimin Augur

Bst should have charm animal since they are the master of all beast !

YiMin
    kizant and Elyssanda like this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Hey smart guy. Do those casters doing exactly what you describe ONLY.. break rogue fades .. or do they infact do that to ALL classes with the fade capability?

Askn for a friend..