Evolving TBL items in 2020

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yosco Augur

New evolving items next expansion? (different slots, hopefully)
  2. Brohg Augur

mmm, chase face pls with a cool icon? I'm still wearing Hardened Mask of Immortal End for its hate focus & sweet icon.

How hard would it be to get Den Lord Rakban back? that was my previous favorite mask by a mile! Even if the icon was somewhat more dragon-ey than wolf-ey. I loved when Rakban was on my side, all -talking the enemies & growling at things? That was fabulous.

It'd need the better hate focus, though. At the 4-5 level of evolve.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Zero reason for a warrior to keep an old item with worse stats for 5% more aggro. No clue why you would do so.
    Whulfgar, p2aa and sojero like this.
  4. p2aa Augur

Indeed.
    If it's for the hate increase + 5 %, it's not needed for warriors to keep aggro.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

And Sweet Icon. omg
  6. Tucoh Augur

While you're handing out rejections, could you please make it so the Defending Fire / Defending Magic augs have a chance to proc when a mob misses you? Now that the miss check is done before dodge / riposte /block / parry etc, I'm not getting as many procs from it...
  7. roth Augur

True Tears of Alaris, the Rain of Fear class-specific evolving hats, the class-specific evolving shoulders ... just to name three once-BiS evolving items that did not require work in the expansion it was originally released in.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I was corrected, and admitted it. =)

I do attempt to stay truthful and when corrected. As I have in times past, I admit I was wrong. hehe Not many now days do that on these boards.
  9. Brohg Augur

That you noticed any number of procs surprises me. I only ever got barely enough to mess up large trains in low level zones with a summoner or healer. I was happy to replace them with higher stats ones or literally any other effect
    Koryu likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Does not include TBL, but the final step does (Completionist)
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the system does not function that way. I do not have a method to make it proc when a mob misses you.

What I can do is increase the proc rate, but I'm waiting on that.
    Duder likes this.
  12. yosco Augur

Someone else pointed out that when con color changes (with the level change to 115), the number of mobs one would need to kill in TBL will go way up because the con color will go down. It's possible (although unlikely) that the associated power increases at 111-115 will offset the fact that you'll need to kill significantly more mobs in TBL to evolve the items. Regardless, it's something to consider.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  13. Lianeb Augur

That would be most welcome. As it is now these thing are procs per hour verse procs per minute. I am not sure if it has something to with mob strike through or what but they are abismal.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Let me know if you want me to collect some data to show the procs per minute coming from a current content mob! It was parsed as soon as folks were able to use the augs and was unfortunately so low that everyone I knew preferred its competitor in the same lore group, or just a different aug with even modestly higher stats.

I stuck with the defending aug though, with the hopes that some time in the future it'd get a second pass and be upped significantly, so I'm very interested in helping this however I can.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Urgent: mage on Cazic LFG for evolve items.

:p
    Nniki and Duder like this.
  16. yosco Augur

Ah, the old “hope as a course of action” option. That’s my fave.

Well, you may get lucky on this one ... since there seems to be a whisper of dev interaction on the topic.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Any chance you guys would be willing to consider changing the hunter/collection/traveler/prog requirement from 1-2 to 2-3 or 3-4? There's really no reason that we should need all that stuff to get to TBL level stats and a single aug slot. Having that stuff to get to rank 3 or probably better yet even rank 4 would make much more sense. If not willing to fix this with the TBL chase, at least please consider it for whatever you have planned for the next expansion.

As a player who returned during ROS being able to use any of the chase loot has been a nearly impossible hurdle. I have 2 of the 4 items and a few type 18 and have been completely unable to enjoy any of that content. I'm in total support of needing it for rank 3 or better yet 4 but needing that stuff to get to rank 2 on an already very hard to obtain item that has lower stats than the common group TBL gear, I just don't get it. I'm totally cool with the requirement to evolve but for such a rare item it should be just slightly better than the T2 group gear before requiring the ACH to evolve.
  18. Lianeb Augur

Opinions we all have them
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Rare ??

My druid has them.. my shaman has them.. 3 berserkers have them.. my main has them..

Everyone I know has alts that have them..

They are hardly as rare as you think..
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is part of the reason the alts aren't getting the new expansion. They also have a shed load of AA to catch up on so for a good while they are stuck in GMM and TBL.

My main will have finished hers by the time the expansion comes out but I'm still undecided if she will retire and I will recreate on the new TLP. We will see waiting on the rule set.
    Spellfire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.