Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dzarn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Ghubuk Augur

I was under the impression that only nec/sk pets were supposed to have the chance to fd (ie lose aggro on a mob). It actually was initially an aa called pet feign.
    PCSS likes this.
  2. bardlives New Member

yes i am a bard
    i think this might be a good change tbh - and it might stop the muddification of classes

i can not tank like a tank class , dps like a melee og cast spells like casters - so why should other classes be able to pull and fade like a bard ?

i know, it was nice and cozy to have other classes been able to fade - but why - they are dps classes , caster classes or tank classes - if they want fade abilities they should play a fade class

so thanks dev for fixing this

ps not sure what i will use my 4-40 level of aa point for , so will properly be wasted on fireworks in pok

A bard
    PCSS likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

We're not asking for pet fade. We're asking to be able to reposition our pet via Summon Companion regardless of whether or not our pet is in combat.

And no, all pet classes were "supposed" to have pet fade via Summon Companion, but that's not what people are arguing for.
    PCSS likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Understanding your demographics. Those playing Everquest have stuck with the game for 20 years in some cases, others took breaks and came back. But all of us are much older then we were when we first started playing the game.

I am just wondering what makes DBG think that based on their demographics that they have a group of players that want lots of change to how the game they play works.

Game balance. So this is supposed to be all about game balance. Where is the line between player enjoyment and game balance. When do you decide balance issues are more important then player enjoyment?

And guess this depends on what they are trying to balance? Making fade fit in line with the next expansion to achieve a difficulty level? Or just a random decision to change the ability. My opinion is the fade changes are being made in conjunction with what they want to achieve in the next expansion.

Bang for your buck. I suspect if less time was spent rebalancing things players have accepted as normal and more time was spent on features or content that everyone would be happier.

See the thing here is players work for and get various abilities. They expect that the abilities they have worked for to remain as is. Sure if ALL you want to do is upgrade them that is all fine and dandy. But this continued retroactive changing of things long after things have been a certain way just creates resentment.
    Grove, PCSS, Jordis and 3 others like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd just assume leave Ranger fade at 90% to avoid the mana usage, if above posts fall on deaf ears.
  6. Endaar Augur

I play a Wizard, and in the grand scheme of things there are so many issues with the class that it's hard to get worked up about this change. But that said, while I understand Hole in Space being used to drop aggro in a group or raid, essentially as a combat ability, it's value as an escape ability has always been limited by the invisibility portion. Mobs that don't see invis are rarely an issue, and Hole in Space doesn't really help drop aggro from a SI mob, so ultimately what's the point? If this is going to be made a skill such that it's so rarely used, give us SoS and I would at least understand the trade-off.

Either way, it is hard to believe that such a marginally useful ability would be nerfed into oblivion without any compensation.
  7. Xanathol Augur

On the flip side, if Summon Companion did work with the pet in combat, there are situations where mages could just stand out of range of fight mechanics and let pets almost ghost kill mobs to avoid other mechanics (send in, attack, summon back out, repeat).
  8. Anastasis Elder

@Corwyhn, I am of the same opinion. In the last couple years, major changes came around Sept and Oct patches. The changes did fit in line with the upcoming expansion design.

Back to the changes being preview right now, it does not look like a discussion, more like a "These are the changes, find the bugs in the changes when it hit Test Server."
    PCSS and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Mazame Augur

OK so I see a few people are unhappy. I would like to say I do not see much change in this update.

Having my FD move from 20 sec to 2.5 min is not a big deal I only used it as a way to dump aggro after a burn so.

Having my chanter skill being moved to 10 min I still don't see a problem with this as I don't think I use it that often as it is.

As for the 20% mana in a normal setting 10 min is more than enough time to get the mana back so having both 10 min and 20% mana I feel is not needed.

Also 1 reason the fade as given to all classes was to help control aggro on raids. having to lose 20% mana on raid mean No one will be fading during raids.

My suggestion would be keep the timer but lower the mana cost. if you in a raid an need to drop your aggro it should not kill your mana for doing so. you Said you didn't want people to be over using it and the timer alone will fill that goal. having both is over kill.
    PCSS and Travestii like this.
  10. Daredilly Master

Having both a 20% mana penalty and a 10 minute timer seems unnecessary. The timer penalty alone addresses your stated issue.
    PCSS and Travestii like this.
  11. Eyezing Lorekeeper

So much salt! To respond to just one point, idk why you would save your mana to escape at the end... Commit to the win! Even if hits the fan, there are other tools to avoid death... Fd pots, cazoc fade clicky, or more reliably... Bulwark instant gate, POK Stein, etc ... Be resourceful as was always the deal with excelling at this game
    Pred likes this.
  12. Pred Journeyman

I like the change. It still allows people to have an "oh s***" button (more reliable than current at that) but keeps the classes that are originally had fade ahead of the pack. Straight percentage based mana/end use is wrong though, since it removes all benefit from getting better gear. It costs 50k mana for one person and 30k mana for another person same level, just less geared. Make it 20k mana, or 30k mana, but don't start doing %'s.
    PCSS likes this.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

dont like the mana changes
    PCSS likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

I'm thinking that pulling is going to be a thing again in the next expansion
  15. john5 Lorekeeper

Wizard - 15 minute reuse

Uh, did you guys forget that this is a class with portals and teleports? There is simply no logical way you can justify giving Wizards the "worst" reuse timer, the same as Cleric, Magician, Paladin, Warrior, etc. Those other classes don't have any business having an escape ability in the first place, let alone being on the same tier as wizards.

Wizards should be getting the 1.5 minute timer, same as Rogues.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Pred Journeyman

You already get evac, which allows you and your group to escape, what more do you need?
    PCSS, Chatoyan, Tarvas and 1 other person like this.
  17. john5 Lorekeeper

For some reason, they like to go way too far. Remember the nerf to enchanter's mind storm line? They added a long cooldown AND increased the mana cost AND decreased the damage.

It's hard for me to trust each nerf as a rational decision because the initial decision should have been rational to begin with, and you're going to sit there and tell me "just trust us, we decided this is best" and then you're going to come along later at some point and change THAT so why should I respect any reasons given?

It destroyed my enchanter's dps in group, in order to punish raiders who abused it by DoTting up 15 adds and topping DPS. It had nothing to do with me. I would DoT 1-3 mobs and have some semblance of a contribution, now he's just a mez box.
    PCSS and Jordis like this.
  18. john5 Lorekeeper

Ok and clerics get 50 ways to heal, paladins get 50 ways to stun. Why do they also get my ability to escape but I don't get a mage pet or a divine aura? Derp.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

Evac/port abilities and fade abilities are totally different things.
  20. Rolaque Ancient

A 100% chance to succeed never happens in dnd games, which is the basis for everything in this game. Not in tradeskills, not in spell casting, not in succor or gates leaving people behind or portals collapsing. Everything is based on the good ol' random number generator. So give us the choice. I'll take the current fade at 90% success rate, Alex.
    PCSS, Chatoyan, Fibgirl and 2 others like this.