Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dzarn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Balefire Burst will be completely useless as a Paladin. Thanks!

Now here is a real question for you, who @DaybreakGames actually plays the current game at or very near end content?

I’ll wait for your response as I dont have any enjoyable to do in game besides raid as I wassnt given enough content in the current expansion.
    Teylana likes this.
  2. HanktheTank Journeyman

Please no. I'd rather see the fade go to 80% fail rate than have to pay 20% endurance and 10/15 minute timer.

Please no change to this. Horrible idea. This idea is like telling a fat kid that they are going to make him eat McDonald's so that he can loose weight.
    PCSS likes this.
  3. Fandiien Lorekeeper

I hope the Devs are reading the response to this heading. The changes that you have put forward are a significant game changer, which at this point in the game make absolutely no sense what-so-ever. I further re-inforce.. do any of the DayBreak employees consistently play this game and are proficient in the class they are playing to understand the implications you are putting forward. It is obvious that you do not. Please review your proposed change and put them more in line with what escape is for.
    PCSS, Teylana and Strumph like this.
  4. Greymantle Augur

As a ranger who uses this ability frequently not just for pulling i am dismayed. The increase in reuse time i consider to be offset by the change to 100% efffective. I can deal with that.
    The mana cost is , in my opinion unreasonable. If the cost is 20% of my total , you are talking about it costing me OVER 43,500 mana per use, my unbuffed pool is currently around 217k . I cannot regen 20% mana in ten min. unless i am completely out of combat.

That is just crippling, considering the mana cost of our combat spells and the fact we do not have a relatively quick way to regen. Please re-consider the mana costs at least.
    Strumph likes this.
  5. kizant Augur

They probably only want you to use it to 'escape' a bad situation and not as a pulling tool.
    Tolzol and Oakenblade like this.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

My comment was glorious, sir. And it will be an honor and a privilege to continue adding my oh-so-valuable 2cp to this thread as it continues into the dumpster fire that I predict it will become.
    Funk, Sorox and PCSS like this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

I was just beginning to get my clerics to regularly cast Divine Peace at the first sign of trouble in events with a lot of adds like GMM1. As "currently" constituted it had obvious benefits over Sanctuary.

So if we are going to have to rely on Sanctuary to quickly drop aggro (the job for which it was originally intended) could we get it's cast time and reuse time shortened?

And we'll put Divine Peace back on the shelf for those times when you need a "get outta jail free" card.
  8. Xanathol Augur

The costs proposed are just fine. If the goal is to remove these as potential pulling tools for classes it was not intended in that way for, then there needs to be an unremovable DA like effect as well, otherwise those classes can still use it for one shot at pulling said target. Adding an unremovable DA effect takes means no attacking, thereby limiting such a situation (if that is indeed the goal).
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Vlad Diszno Augur

I have not read past page 1 of the replies yet so I apologize if this has already been mentioned...
    Another thorn for ftp accounts.
    I still have bunches of Aa’s I can’t spend on some of my ftp bots who are heroic. One has 220 now whereas before the last buyback had next to nothing. Kinda sucks that all those Aa’s I bought while paid accounts are stripped and cannot be bought fully back. I’ve accepted it likely cause I don’t play those chars heavily anymore, but my frp rog will now lose whatever Escape was preciously bought and might not even be able to buy any of it back , depending on if goes over the cap or not. This rog is also a heroic char

Will heroic chars, at least, be able to automatically receive back whatever Aa’s would be granted to any heroic char?
    PCSS likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

As a Bard I can say this looks promising. I do hope that they've fixed the ridiculous situation of fading but not going invis if you are too close to a mob. That can get to be really annoying and cause unnecessary Bard death.
  11. Monkman Augur

This thread is gold.
    Sheex, Oakenblade and code-zero like this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Personally I only use Fade abilities for running through a zone and accidentally aggroing See invis stuff that I don’t want to spend time fighting.

Can you go ahead and make the Invis that results from fade equivalent to Shroud of Stealth 2, that would be great...

Also 20% mana is far too high. 5% is about the maximum you should burn from these abilities.

Alternatively have the Fade abilities of the SK, Bard, Beast, Necro, Rogue and Monk classes stay fast with no endurance cost.

For all other classes max the reuse at 3 minutes, remove all mana and endurance costs but apply a Debuff for 3 ticks after using your Fade ability. The Debuff applied would vary by archetype.

Priests/Casters see a 50% Spell Slow for 3 ticks after Fade
    DPS see a 50% Melee Slow for 3 ticks after Fade
    Tanks see a 50% Aggro Reduction and 15% Damage Increase for 3 ticks after Fade

This would cause the use of the ability to hinder your effectiveness at your primary class role for a short period of time after dropping aggro, but not cost a huge amount of resources and quickly be over.
    Endaar likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

While this change will be personally annoying for me, it's not going to significantly impact how I play my mage. I cannot speak to the other classes.

That being said...

These changes coming on the eve of a new expansion shows a colossal disconnect between the devs and the playerbase. Nothing is wrong with the way things work currently. Why is increasingly scarce dev time being spent to make changes where nothing was even broken to begin with?

Hey DBG, wanna know why you keep losing subscriptions? Read this thread and the imminent "New xpac problems--let's get this over with" thread. You'll quickly realize why.
    PCSS, Chatoyan, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I can see it now. We are wiping start stripping your gear so you can fade.
    Renotaki, PCSS, Jennre and 1 other person like this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

1) My SK's Death's Effigy fade component seems to fail 99% of the time already, especially on raids. I pretty much haven't used it successfully in the last year, so unless you are doing something to fix that, this is moot for that class (and I've been told others have the same issue).

2) Would people be more OK if the resource costs had no minimum requirement? That way, the abilities would never fail (even if you had 0 resource), but would use up to 20% if you had it.

3) The increased reuse times are silly. Nobody wants to sit around and wait for abilities to refresh in order to play the game. With these changes you are making pulls slower (more downtime for everybody), and you are making it harder for players to avoid wiping. This is a step backwards for overall game enjoyment.
    PCSS likes this.
  16. Hadesborne Augur

Necros get FD at lvl 16. Learn the game before you talk about history.
    Jennre likes this.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

I don't think the dev team cares about this aspect at all. There are pulling classes in the game and the game is meant to be a team sport so find a class that can pull if you need one, I think this is one of the reasons they are making this change.
    Sancus, Xanathol and code-zero like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I'm guessing this is strategic, because they want to take any nerf hits on the chin right before an expansion shadows the nerfs.
  19. Tolzol Augur

I’m cool with just removing fade altogether from zerkers tbh. Kill or be killed is best way to play a zerker imo lol
    Renotaki, PCSS, Monkman and 1 other person like this.
  20. Fian Augur

While it is easy to complain about dev decisions (count me in that group too), I do want to commend them on one thing. Normally, they push the change into test as the first announcement of a change, and then ignore all player feedback, as they just don't have the time to undo things once it is in test. At least in this case, they have given themselves time to react to player feedback, so hopefully what goes live is not the same as the proposal above.
    PCSS, Brohg, Inga and 4 others like this.