Parcel Delivery Tax - how much is too much?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hayzeus, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Hayzeus Augur

Okay, pretend that you are fresh out of those delivery coupons that allow you to buy something from the bazaar (and two coupons gets the item(s) to your bags). You now have either the option to spend an additional 10% of purchase price to have it delivered to your parcel box OR run to the bazaar and buy it from the trader in a face-to-face transaction.

How much is too much before you save that 10% and just run to buy it?

For me... I think it's around 10kpp. Depending on where I am and what I'm currently doing, if I need something from bazaar that is 10kpp, I *may* consider spending 11kpp instead to have it parceled, but I'm seriously tempted to drop what I'm doing in order to run to bazaar for a slightly cheaper (10kpp) item.

Does anyone regularly spend 110kpp (instead of 100kpp) or 1.1mpp (instead of 1.0mpp) in order to have stuff parceled?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I buy a bunch of the tickets when they are on sale, usually around the Holidays. If I'm saving anywhere near 10kpp, they go straight into my inventory. That's all the thought I place into it. I like not having to run to the bazaar to make a purchase.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Doesn't matter how much. I'm not wasting time running around the bazaar. Just the cost of doing business.
  4. Laronk Augur

umm depends on the day, if I buy something for 2 million though... I'll usually run there to save the 200k

usually
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'd say 1 mil+ I'll usually run there to save the fee. 100-200k or under I usually always pay the fee, in between is a toss up depending on my mood.
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

This. I'll pay whatever. Not dropping what I'm doing because I see something cheap in the Baz and don't want to miss out on the deal. Plus plat is super easy to make on FV.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

Prying something from the previous owner's cold dead hands is free...and priceless.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

I don't pay the delivery fee. I have several toons in the bazaar I can quickly log in and grab whatever item and send it too me.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I only pay the delivery fee on items I buy if the cost of the item is less than 100 plat and I never pay with vouchers. I use plat. No seller actually receives that delivery fee.

Or I do as Thunderkiks
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Too much work. Plat is easy to make. I can recall making a couple of special trips to the bazaar on outrageously large purchases. Otherwise I click buy and consider having to click another button confirming the "tax" to be tedious.
  11. Diptera Augur

I'm the exact opposite - I always go the bazaar "in person", as I refuse to pay a surcharge for bazaar purchases /shrug
    Grove likes this.