Hotkeys and Bindings - a New Post!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

Since we were instructed to make a new post, and I was trying to help you....

I'd suggest trying the following. Instead of using key bindings to cast 7, 8, 9, 10 every time you hit the three key (or whatever, I forget the specifics)... Make a hotkey that does:

/cast 7
    /cast 8
    /cast 9
    /cast 10

With no pauses.

It will cast the first one on the list that is not on cooldown.

It will not result in the client sending five keypresses to the server, which is part of the problem for your current setup.

It may still d/c you some if you spam it hard enough, but I suspect it will be less than your current setup.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cast 10 sounds like a hack tbh.
  3. Machen New Member

You should try a server that allows /cast 12!
  4. Scruff Elder

harm touch is still my favorite,
    "/alt activate 6000" reads like you're inputting a nuclear launch code
    Boze and Machen like this.
  5. Tierdal Augur

Deploy the 6000!
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

What does 9001 activate? Is that the gm kill command?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Is using a VPN against the ToS? I'm not clear on that.
  8. Machen New Member

If a tree falls in the woods when no one is around, does it make a sound? Not sure the question is all that relevant when they have no way to know you are using one, and the guy is just trying to manually play two characters within the rules without getting d/c constantly.
  9. Ditka Journeyman

I really don't know how these true-box servers are going to survive much longer with how much spamming I know is coming to most all of the classes.

I have a hotbar multi-bind that does 11 abilities that I have to just constantly spam. There is no way that would fly on these gimmick servers.

I feel sorry for your DPS. Hell even the Healers use the same technique. It's going to be a disaster.
  10. Machen New Member

It's only a problem if you are boxing. If you are playing a single character you can spam all day.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, I know the frustration. I'm one of those that gets disconnected way more than others and for completely different reasons (as you probably recall).