Really DBG you can't find these automated bot level teams?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How lazy is your enforcement should I just tell everyone I know to start cheating?
    Ghubuk likes this.
  2. Pappasalt Augur

Enforcement costs money, money they do not have (not defending them). So as long as you don't interfere with other people when using it, yea you can pretty much do w/e lol.

How do I know this? If they were really concerned we would have had an anti-cheat system a long time ago. All of this is easily auto banned.
  3. taliefer Augur

i dunno, i imagine its SUPER hard to determine if one person who controls 30 characters at once is doing it legit on truebox servers. i mean, maybe has really fast reflexes and moves all his melee characters in unison when the mob moves around
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Or maybe y'all have a high level of confirmation bias and see bot crews where there aren't any
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sure thing when the bots are stupid enough to use far taunt and pull from long distances I kind of know they just don't give a anymore about being detected.

Or can a monk pull from half the zone away using far taunt?

It's ok at this point bot automation is good to go and removing motm and a minor version of ghostkill will be ok as well incoming soon. :rolleyes:
  6. tisk tisk tisk New Member

People don't see these crews as much because they warp to all their locations. They dont travel. Go watch commonlands when they are so lazy they just run their 6 toons around the corner from parcel. Stand up against the wall and then warp (no porters). At least they are smart enough to move from the parcel before blatantly warping.

You can see them briefly appear on track in zones like cobalt scar. They'll appear out in the water for a few seconds and then disappear.

It's clear daybreak cannot detect warping on mangler. It's worse than the botting. It certain would fall under the unfair gameplay one would think.

Not sure why these botters don't realize or care they are ruining the game. They know daybreak cannot enforce these rules and are taking full advantage of it. This is not good for the long term for anyone. Everyone loses if this continues and is a permanent thing.

The warping needs to be addressed badly. The more they let it go on, the more people tell their friends they won't be punished and then next server gets even worse.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

Will never happen, period.

If they were to do actual anti-cheat they would lose like 1/4 of their tlp player base lol
  8. code-zero Augur

You know, you have frequently stated in other posts that you have supah sekret encrypted private invitation only secret squirrel access to the people doing all this stuff. Why don't you snitch if you're really that concerned about it?

There are bots but they make use of the hax that let them change names if they're really good.

I've personally heard rumors of entire guilds just disappearing over the last few months. Guilds that were rumored to be running as bot armies.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?
  9. taliefer Augur

there is literally a discord that anyone can join where they openly talk about hacks and cheats. its not that hard to find, but since id eat a forum suspension, no i wont give you the link ;p get creative with the issue of BOTTING IN EVERQUEST on google, and im sure youd be able to find it
  10. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Also, it's really not hard to see that 30-40 person teams that are killing like tormax, avatar, and even now ntov mobs are botting. No one is trueboxing all that, especially when you see how they move.
  11. Scruff Elder

i'm not sure if you've been paying attention but generally any thread with even remotely credible proofs attached to it ends up deleted or locked within a day.
    there's probably over a hundred videos of hilariously rampant automation and botting from mangler on the ol' youtube, yet all of them are forbidden fruit due to potentially showing a taboo glimpse of a player's all-sacred nametag
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

Don't confuse "cannot" with "policies do not allow us to."

There is a whole lot that they CAN technically do, today, that they are not doing, for reasons generally unbeknownst to the player base.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

They have stated that you should use the proper channels if you wish to report hackers. You just have to send in a petition, not post on the forums. They don't want people grief-ing other players, or calling people out on forums. But if you send a petition to the DGB, they should respond with how you can submit your proof. They will have to investigate themselves, but they will capture enough data to ensure any actions they would take, is within the ULA or company policies.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean, I know I've done that with 100% unequivocal hackers... and it got me a canned answer automated reply with no action in game. That's probably why the OP is coming to the forum.

I've seen his name on the forums long enough to know he actually cares about EQ enough to say something. He doesn't want to walk away from the game. But when hacking becomes rampant, any game will die.
  15. Xanathol Augur

We all know the real reason the above is the policy - a sad attempt to limit the public view of how bad the botting / cheating is. It is the same ridiculous idea that the NFL uses regarding its refs; "if we don't talk about it or acknowledge it, we can pretend it doesn't exist". Every business eventually learns that following that policy only angers your customers and gains you nothing.

I needed a Yelinak faction hit and witnessed a guild that brags about griefing the server instantly zone in outside his room and then move ~48? characters autofollowing in packs of 2. They all set up around the mob rather instantly and the healers switched targets seemlessly when a current tank took a bad round and poofed. But I'm sure this person just has 40ish computers, keypads, and monitors and is just really, really good at timing and hitting exactly the right key on the right one at all the right times... and nothing is ever done about it.
  16. Silias McKendrick Augur

Box crew of 35, warps right to tov entrance as soon as Sonta spawned, for the kill. Now it's one thing to be a legit boxer, (with or without true box) but another to have hacks and automation.

The game itself has no integrity anymore. Then again it has not had any in a very long time.
  17. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

But if you send them your logs, names, and times, they can look at the exact game logs, thus find the cheating. If not , they have to search through a lot of logs. People will always try and cheat the system sadly. It happens on every game. People will write programs , or make equipment that will allow them to cheat. Eventually DBG will write a code that will stop the hackers, temporarily. But, humans are creative. However, if you gather the data for them, at least give them a starting point, then they can investigate efficiently. I bet you would get more results in the long run.
  18. Villana New Member

Sounds like a lot of you need to get back to looking out of your window and spying on your neighbor. Kronos have been the same price, haven't moved in three months. Mangler's economy is as stable as any server ever. And all this whining and complaining. Geez, I'm sure your neighbor is doing something. GET TO THE WINDOW!
  19. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

This guy is one of those autobot crews .. FO SHO

I mean, the easiest way across Sirens Grotto is to just pull anything to the autobot crew at the entrance (not in training fashion) and let them kill it bc they're programmed to kill everything with in range, then you just run on across.. Also used this method to get my ancient fishing pole.. Pretty simple really
    Xanathol and Ghubuk like this.
  20. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

I stopped giving a about all this cheating when someone was blatantly cheating in front of a GM that answered petitions about them from others on Coirnav, and the GM actually said they couldn't do anything because the player answered tells. The player was warping & far taunting literally right in front of this GM.

At that point I knew DBG didn't care at all, as long as the player wasn't "openly griefing" others.

DBG can give whatever 'written message' they want, but non-enforcement of blatant cheating is the only message that matters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.