Creating Fake Item/Achievement/Dialogue Links in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Rorce Augur

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we created a tool at EQResource to help players create custom Fake Links in EverQuest, such as the ones here:

[IMG]

You can read more about this tool by Clicking Here!

Be sure to post some screen shots of your awesome Fake Links!
    Motherlee, Silv, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  2. wingz-83 Augur

Chat spam just went up 50%!
    Silv and Riou like this.
  3. bazinga Elder

this was outplayed 10 years ago...why would anyone remind people that it exists...
  4. Silv Augur

You have a better suggestion on what to do in EQ these days? :)
  5. Necromonious Augur

I never got to mess with this 10yrs ago, gonna do this and make it look just enough like it could be real to mess with people ;)
    Rorce, Silv and Riou like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Bleh, always found those things annoying.

Next up, the UI experts at EQInterface will release a Brawndo sponsored new UI:

[IMG]
  7. Darkark Augur

LDoN leader board o_O
    Shiea, Motherlee and Silv like this.
  8. Motherlee Augur

Voice graft. Voice macros.
    NotSilv likes this.
  9. Zarakii Augur

ITS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE
    Sheex likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As I was a puller, I always found those things extremely helpful as they tended to make people actually pay attention when I was pulling because they went to look at the hot pink letters.
    Ferriciean, Taiqwon, RPoo and 3 others like this.
  11. Taiqwon Augur

I'd try the "Ow my balls" UI.
  12. Iila Augur

That's the default eq ui.
  13. Stewy Journeyman

These appear to be broken for me. Anyone know how to fix them?
  14. Rorce Augur

Fixing this script is on my to do list. Item links created by it are probably broken. For the "/say links", the way the client handles them was changed semi-recently. They will now only show up as blue /say links for the sending client, not the receiving client. This is not something I can fix. I'll likely leave them as an option, but make a note.

Whenever I do fix this script, I'll also be adding the option to create faction links.

While I'm thinking of it, would there be any interest in a desktop application that allows you to create these links and automatically updates your EQ files, so you don't have to mess with finding the right file and copy/pasting, etc?
  15. Stewy Journeyman

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    and Yes Please!
    Rorce likes this.
  16. Grove Augur

Also, there was script for using symbols like hearts, music notes in text. I was wondering about that recently. Was interested in putting it in guild message of the day.
  17. Rorce Augur

It took me a while, but I did finally get our Create Fake Links web script updated, and released our Fake Link Generator desktop application!

With the application, you can choose ANY Spell, ANY Achievement, and ANY Faction for Fake Links. What's also really cool is you can fully customize the Achievements linked - you can change the character name, pick which steps show as completed, change the completed date, etc!

Also, the application does all the work of writing the code to your ini files for you!

You can find more info here: https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=202364 , or if you're just interested in seeing it in action check out the video tutorial I made:

[IMG]

I actually considered adding this sort of feature into the Fake Link Generator - since it already is set up to create Hot Buttons. I'm not sure about motd tho, since that has to be set in game.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Brohg Augur

Thanks Rorce!

Items are different, can't do ANY item?
  19. Rorce Augur

Not in an automated dynamic way like the rest. Item links have a special value that is created any time an item is updated. This value is random as far as I can tell, and if the value in the item link is incorrect, the link will not work. I believe it's purpose is to prevent people from fishing for items that have not yet been discovered - as without a "real" link of the item, this special value cannot be discovered. I added most epic items to the application, and I can add basically any other item on request. Each item addition will require a program update to be pushed out, however, so if there are requests I'll likely wait until a few have been made before updating.
  20. Brohg Augur

the items I've most wanted to make/keep links for in the past are non-/ach trophies since they're inconvenient to link while "in the field" (tent, helm, talendor off the top of my head), and the RoF rare drop raid loot - Rod of Dark Rites, Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye, Grelleth's Royal Seal. For other players, further assorted raid rares would be good candidates, too - Venenium, Shield of Immaculate Light, Eyes of Life and Decay, Nathsar Diamond

I'm sure there'll be another set of reward links to carry around for a few weeks in December :)