More Shaman DPS nerfed? - Feral Bite nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Infinite_Karma, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Infinite_Karma New Member

In the last "Game Update Notes: September 18, 2019
    " The following was sneakily "consolidated", AKA - nerfed:

- Shaman - Feral Bite, the damage triggered by Rabid Bear, has had its damage over time component consolidated into its direct damage component.

The Devs do know that Shaman are built to have more DPS via their DoTs, than Nukes/procs right? Removing the DoT element of this Feral Bite DoT not only nerfed (yet again) more Shaman DPS, but also removed the possible multi-target/mob DPS use and all applicable AAs for DoT damage. No more DoT Crits, Lucky Critical, focus effect from gear applications, etc. on this DoT, which was quite significant and long lasting when maxxed out.

Maybe revert it back to what it was? Was there a really important reason to nerf this?
  2. Laronk Augur

Well
    Changed Slot 2 from "Decrease HP when cast by 6000 " to "Decrease Hitpoints by 36000. Max: None. Calculates to current max level."
    2019-09-19 04:12Removed Slot 3: Decrease Hitpoints by 3000 per tick

So it went from 7 ticks of 3k (21k) +6k on proc to 36000 on proc

So even if you only proc this twice a minute (its got a proc rate mod of 350 so it procs more than twice a minute) it's more damage in its consolidated state. In general DD procs are preferable to dot procs because it's front loaded and you get the full effect if you proc twice in a row. I'm pretty sure its a big upgrade.
    Warpeace, Teylana and Tucoh like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Would love to see more abilities that apply a debuff (even if it's not just a pure DoT) changed to DDs!
    Bigstomp and Brohg like this.
  4. Teylana Elder

It's not actually a nerf. I don't know why they bothered but meh.

What I do wish they'd do is lower the Mana cost of our dots. The dot nerf was fraking brutal (if a thing is worth nerfing, it's worth over nerfing) making them pretty meh now . I just wish they'd adjusted the mana cost appropriately.
  5. Laronk Augur

Also, DD procs don't take up debuff slots with a bad 3k dot if you want to consider raids.
    Bigstomp, Koryu and menown like this.
  6. Duder Augur

This crits for over 200k and procs a ton, I very much doubt you parsed the difference because this is a great consolidation and I love the change. This is no nerf, nor was it sneaky. ...also, what scenario were you applying this to multiple targets that were living long enough for it to be better dps?
  7. Derd Augur

Aka nerf ,now stands for, i didn't really test it :)
  8. Natal Augur

Never seen a shaman meleeing on raids.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I really wish they'd change that and give shamans decent melee dps + some kind of self buff heal target of target proc or splash heal proc.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah when I saw it in the patch notes I figured it would be more of an increase than a decrease. But like Natal said, when do you actually see a Shaman Melee, it's pretty rare. The change is probably just part of the overall DoT consolidations that was overlooked before.

I agree the regular DoT nerfs went overboard, the damage seems to be inline now but the mana cost is still way too high.
  11. Kenstr54 New Member

Never seen a shaman meleeing on raids.
    Comer over to Erollisi Marr. We have a shaman that can top the dps parse
  12. Laronk Augur

On some raids there's really no reason why they can't turn on attack and tab to the mob between heals, also if they're dpsing already (which some do depending on the raid and the guild and their gear) They also get the benefits of their bard and some of the stuff from their other melee friends.
    Teylana likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

14. kizant Augur

You don't have to hit to proc. As long as auto-attack is on you're going to get your base 2 per minute. Then combat effects, the +200 proc mod on your weapon, and twinproc you're doing like 9.6 procs a minute. If your crit damage mod is 340% you're going to crit for over 50k. And then you have procs from dissident that do a ton of damage. No real reason not to melee.
    Warpeace likes this.
  15. Dewey Augur

There's nothing wrong with a shammy mellee dpsing on raids. I see it often. Especially when there is a lot of group healing. There group is there and if they are next to their group then it's more of a chance for that heal to hit.
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Raccoo Augur

Bigstomp, Warpeace, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

If only more of them would adopt this philosophy on playing.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Everyone should be meleeing on raids nowadays, with the exception possibly of wild rampage mobs (although with AOE healing and such that shouldn't be as big an issue as it used to be). Especially a raid like Mearatas, where even though you can do everything right with banes and hallway emotes, if the guild DPS is low enough you can still run out of time.

Every little bit helps.
  19. Natal Augur

Meleeing? Not likely.
  20. Natal Augur

Healing? That is not a reason?