Suggestions for SK gear (Mangler)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by andromeda, Sep 26, 2019.

1. andromeda New Member

Hi everyone, I have a 32 SK on Mangler and I'm looking for gear suggestions. She's kinda semi-twinked right now. I spent about 20k when I created her, a good portion of which went to her haste item. I have about 12k left and would like to upgrade some of her weaker items.

Here's the Magelo profile: https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3936325

Can I get some suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

It's pretty silly to spend so much money on a haste item and have such a crappy weapon. Try a Mace of the shadowed soul. It's like a hundred platinum and way better. There's better weapons out there now too but that's a cheap one.

Also, you're a tank. having resist gear on all the time isn't usually the best route. You should focus on AC and hit points and bring out the resist gear when it's needed.
  3. andromeda New Member

Thanks! One reason my gear isn't very tank oriented is because I started with casters then switched to an SK. I moved all of the caster gear that I could to the SK since I didn't have enough plat to buy a full set of SK gear.

I'll try to pick up a Mace of the Shadowed Soul. Thank you :)
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

AC is the only stat that really matters for tanks. Just be on the look out for any gear that has high AC and is cheap.

Ebon Mace for the weapon

Blood Runed Greaves and Gaunts
    Spider fur collar
    Barbed Ringmail shoulders
    Earring of the grachnist
    Velium Fire Wedding Ring
    Blood Ember Helm
    Replace the wrist with Blood ember or Fine plate
  5. Troutfest Augur

Circlet of Shadow, prenerf before they get over priced.
  6. andromeda New Member

TYVM :) Now I've got a shopping list hehe. Time to hit the tunnel.

Thanks!
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Agree. I have long since replaced my CoS with AA invis but I still can't bear to part with it. :)
  8. Scruff Elder

i'd recommend checking your parcel before you invest in a new weapon
    people just seem to randomly get massive dragonclaws in the mail these days
  9. Spayce Augur

Focus effects become active on Mangle when Luclin drops, so it might be smart to start getting them on your SK in time for those raids. A good SK can swap between awesome off tank and very good DPS on raids.

- Seahorse hide belt was very affordable haste at the end of Velious on Coirnav.
    - Sword off Tunare should be rotting for most guilds and could likely be bought for cheap.
    - Mask of the Dragon Slayer to boost the damage on your life taps (most important focus).
    - Coldain Military Wrist to boost the damage on your DoTs.
    - Dain Cloak to decrease the cast times on your spells.
    - Somehow try to find a mana pres item.

AC gear plus all those items will allow you to swap between off tank and DPS on raids when Luclin drops. Whenever Unholy Aura is up you should be able to parse near the top on most raid mobs that don't mana drain, and be respectable if you stack your DoTs when UA isn't up.
  10. Xanathol Augur

RNG has screwed us pretty hard - have yet to see a single Petrified Heartwood Flamberge or Palladus Axe of Slaughter.