Good Video recorder for EQ.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Can anyone explain to me what video recording canbe done an by what site, so that I can record myself in game in order to post it here on the forums?
  2. Greldek New Member

Google for OBS studios, DL and install, then record and save. Then upload to YouTube
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think google chrome has a free plugin for screen recording that allows you to select a specific window or your entire display.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I use Streamlabs OBS.
  5. Tucoh Augur

6. Whulfgar Augur

Is OBS easy to install an run ?
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

If you have Windows 10 then why not just use the built-in Game Bar?
    [Windows] button + G and choose "Record From Now"
    or simply [Windows] button + ALT + R to start recording immediately.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Dont have win 10. Am using win 8. something
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Currently I'm ghetto rigging this playing the game, using the wife's laptop top "Record" via her laptops lens.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

so.. basically laptop recording my desktop screen. LMFAO
  11. Graves Elder

* whistles innocently *
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

on just boxed it. and recorded Wending Ways.

Druid
    Shaman
    Warrior
    Zerker
    Zerker
    Zerker

Exact same setup I ran as I said prior to them zerker's getting each 1 weapon (raid weapon) and 1 zerker got raid T1 arms.

I will be posting the video's for ya. But prolly not on this site as I do not know how to pull it off from the laptop to the forums.

I will be placing them (4 videos) on youtube. And I will send you a link of it in thread based conversation tell.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Well that is once I find where those video's went heh.
  14. Graves Elder

Thanks. The current equipment isn't really important now.

I'm more interested in how you are/are not keeping up with the required button mashing for agro, healing and dps across the 6 toons without 3rd party assistance. It doesn't have to be a full mission for me to see what I want, just a couple of pulls and combat. Preferably including a name or something out of the ordinary.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Derka Power Ranger

Your OP made me think of this bit.
    [IMG]

What about nvidia shadowplay? I've never used it
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Socially built hotkey.

Heals are as follows.
    Line 1: /pause 45, /cast 1
    Line 2: /pause 45, /cast 2
    Line 3: /pause 45, /cast 3
    Line 4: /pause 45, /cast 4
    Line 5: /pause 45, /cast 5

Sham heal's are as follows.
    1. Reckless
    2. Reckless
    3. Reckless
    4. Gift (forced twincast heal)
    5. Squall (3 waves at 4654, Crits up to 41,355 heals three times)

Druids heal's are as follows.
    1. Curivida
    2. Barrage
    3. revitilization
    4. Blessing (forced twincast heal)
    5. Lunasalve

I alt/tab over to the zerkers an my mash key for their DPS is the number 2 on the keyboard. Takes less then 10 seconds to go threw all 3 of their mash attacks.

Alt/tab over to Whullf to remash agro keys..

Alt/tab over to healer's to start their socially built spam heal hotkeys.

Rince / repeat / cycle / what ever ya call it..
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Being a warrior main. Its too easy to start there.

Start all attacks with the warrior front load enough agro so as not to have to worry about it threw entire fight .. however I always alt / tab back over to remash the cycle just to keep always building agro.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

This is because some one questioned the validity of me boxing the smoke trials with grp toons.

Also for the record. I even as I went threw with my grp level toons posted my strats to beat each of the smoke trials when the expansion was new.

Can simply click my name history then scroll all the way back to when I posted those exact threads.
  19. Tanols Augur

Ya its stupid easy to keep aggro with a warrior when boxing UNLESS you have him set to group main assist and you are using mercs on burn, and are not toggling merc assist on and off. Then it can get a little interesting at times.
    You have more control over who does what when boxing than you do in a group. So you can make sure tank aggro is established and building before debuffs, dps, etc goes crazy on the mob. Never played an SK and its been 8 yrs since I played a paladin but as a raid geared, max AAed above average zerker I have to really try hard to gank aggro from any well played tank class. Or screw up by not assisting properly.

FYI you can take the pause out of last line in social :)

I go one step further and link hot bar locations to key presses, place socials for casting in that location. In your example tab > hit 2 to activate shaman debuff social > tab > hit 2 to do bard stuff > tab > 2 to do zerker spams > tab > hit 2 to hit warrior spam/aggro > rinse repeat. I might change up the order but you get the idea. Of course if i was using a third party program that had key broadcasting I wouldn't have to do all that tabbing.
  20. Derka Power Ranger

I remember your post a while back and meant no ill will. Plus I had a legitimate question about nvidia's shadowplay.
    Whulfgar likes this.