Is this normal

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Adiera, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Adiera New Member

Is it normal that at the rate it's going it will take days to install all of the updates on a new download? I'm at 153M of 10,449M and it's doing one M per minute. My internet is super fast so I don't understand why it would take so long.
  2. Teylana Elder

No, it's not. Close and re-launch EQ.
  3. Adiera New Member

I tried that, same deal.
  4. Adiera New Member

I'm just coming back after something like 10 years away. The max level at the time I was playing was 85. I don't remember what server my mage is on...but this download is crazy and discouraging me from wanting to wait long enough to find out.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

Disable your firewall or antivirus. Maybe try running patcher as administrator? Something on your end is throttling it
  6. Adiera New Member

I turned off Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, all of the Windows firewalls and ran it as administrator, I did a speed test on my internet and it's 112 download. Same thing, ~1M per minute.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

8. Adiera New Member

I have now, and not one of those things helped.
  9. Entikas Karios New Member

Ive been trying to install today as well and had similar issues (mine will stop after a few minutes). Now i cant get the install to even start. Ive been through all of the troubleshooting as well.
  10. Chorus Augur

if speedtest is also returning a low rate, then something is eating your bandwidth, it's not a patcher issue. maybe turn off your torrents you're doing in parallel :p

If you live with other people, then one of them might be doing something to use it. Turn off all extra devices and see what happens.
  11. Adiera New Member