GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Lianeb Augur

So let me clarify?
    Your Merc tank, tanked this with a Healer merc?
    You did not tank this mission with your junk SK, or your "raid geared" ranger?
  2. Bamboompow Augur

Yup.

Yet, here we are. Again. This is why we can't have nice things.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No. I did 90+ % of it with the tank merc. The other -10% I tanked with the ranger was when the tank merc died (usually preceded by healer merc) when three came (ravagers and infiltrators). I can tank it with the ranger but I'm 90% of the group's dps and that better with the bow. I wouldn't under estimate the patch heals and slows from the shaman though. It should be noted that I have 425 merc AAs.

I think a real group of two players in ROS gear with a tank and healer merc could probably get through in the same amount of time provided they could figure out how not to pull three or let the second kill the healer merc.
  4. Caell Augur

Just throwing this out there:

My group geared three box crew (all 110 middling AA), ENC/DRU/MAG, dps merc, and 2 clr mercs. Mage has Summoner's Trinket of Insecurity, so EM 21 earth pet tanks. I'm in Sebilisian, conflagrant, and GMM (this HA got a ring off Grash and out of the chest: 1HP, another ring, and a 2nd face so didn't have those for the HA) . DRU and MAG Cohort and some Selrach, with a few GMM pieces otherwise conflagrant (magelos are up to date so feel free to check out the gear.)

Regular stuff died mostly in the same time frame. I mostly single pull (go ench!) though sometimes have to off tank something that won't lock down. I'm not the fastest, I get the mission done in 2ish hours or so before and after probably a little longer after. I had to be more careful in some places as some of the mobs were now yellow and weren't mezzable, evac came in handy once or twice.

Grash took a lot longer to kill after the nerf, but was still doable. Got a little low on mana at the end of the fight.

Before:
    Grash, Bloodmoon Growler in 151s, 29378k @194556 | Lleac + pets 10657k | Caell + pets 9629k | Audoen + pets 5372k | An armored spellweaver 2005k | Blink 1268k | Shiny 447k

After:
    Grash, Bloodmoon Growler in 400s, 76842k @192104 | Caell + pets 27000k | Lleac + pets 22921k | Audoen 14878k | An armored spellweaver 6857k | Blink 4104k | Shiny 1082k

Overall still doable, wasn't quite as easy as before, but wasn't super hard either; IMNSHO they should have left more of the earned AA in place at the end of the mission, you certainly earn it more so now than before. Oh well it is what it is.
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. Caell Augur

Oops, I meant calmable/lullable not mezzable.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Overtuned? Have you even tried it?
    I mean it was like level 100 difficulty before, are you level 95 and feel it is overtuned?
    Yet I read a post early here some one does this with a Tank Merc and Cleric Merc.
    Heck the post above yours uses a Mage pet and Merc healers, and does just under 195k dps as a group
    Duder likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

It looks more like their burn is 195k on the named, I don't think they're even doing that much dps sustained throughout the whole mission.
  8. Monkman Augur

And therein lies the core problem with tuning. How can the devs possibly correctly tune content when you have 3 characters + 3 mercs doing the same sustained dps as one well played character without a merc? The issue shouldn’t be casual vs raider (because we’ve all witnessed group players who can easily hold their own vs a raid geared toon that is clueless).
    Coagagin, Allayna and Sancus like this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

I was really just trying to illustrate the fact that someone with sub-optimal dps and and group was able to this mission and had little to no issues according to them. I am not dissing them for how they did it I was praising them for doing it in the conditions described. And the very next guy claiming it’s overtuned, give me a break.

A group doing 195k and mage pet tanking it is fine.
    But it’s overtuned to someone else? That was the point I was making.
  10. Laronk Augur

Oh sorry, that's what I was getting at also =) It would be nice if the person who said it was overtuned was more specific maybe we could even help them out.
  11. Ibudin Augur

I solo (not molo) it as a necro.
    svann and Allayna like this.
  12. Natal Augur

I can do it in about 30 minutes or so (about the length of a lesson burn) with my warrior/shaman/rogue crew. It takes about 3 minutes longer than the old version took. It is still trivial compared to TBL content.
    kizant likes this.
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

Where does a returning, from a long absence, start? Well, if its a low population server you start with a character transfer token to a higher population server with level appropriate toons LFG all the time. Drinal and Bristlebane always have people as low as 30s and 50s looking for groups. Ta-Da! Your the winner of a low level grouping opportunity! Try not to squander it in self pitty and feelings of loathing.

Or would it be easier to take away all the hard work and effort from the remaining 99 percent of the population and wait for Easy Street to be paved?

- Coag
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Based on what this guy is saying, your best bet on returning is to not return at all.
    Save your money. Do something else with your time.
    Vumad likes this.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Honestly I didn't care either way if "nerfing" GMM or not. I didn't really have much of a position. Now that they mobs have been increased in con level, enchanters can only dire charm the majority of them, which means the GMM "nerf" hits enchanters harder than any other class. That sucks. Changing it so people can't swam is fine I guess, but knocking out a big source of enjoyment for enchanters was an unnecessary and negative change. Really other than I don't have much if anything to charm now I honestly didn't really notice much of a change. It's still a great mission, just now I can't charm.

Skipped ahead from page 3.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

Could be worse. You could be a bard.
  17. AcemoneyFV Augur

Let's get this over with, cut the BS and stop crying. Play the game. :oops:
  18. Samike New Member

with xp in Tov being so slow, it would have been nice if GMM was unnerfed.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Methinks Tappin now wishes he could call back his nerf with level cap increase. LOL.
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Let's be clear - it was not Tappin's nerf. It was a dev oversight and Tappin brought it to light in a way that compelled devs to act.

That said, I hope Tappin is enjoying himself and the nerfed GMM.