vet aa Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

7th really isn't just a iWin button in DPS races, and if you think that this ability is a magic ability that's going to change the outcome of your entire DPS race then you have far larger problems than the lack of a veteran reward.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't think it. I know it. Anyone that graduated high school should have the basic math skills needed to know this. I have the rewards on my main account. They should remove them, they're much more broken then Defiant gear. They have no business being on TLP as early as gates.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I'm done replying to you, since apparently your only resort is to insult when you don't have a valid point to stand on. Far more important to a DPS race is people mobilizing, knowing the proper spells to use, not having DPS die to stupid things, knowing when to engage and how to let the other raid do your tanking and healing work for you when possible, having proper raid group set up, synergizing burns with the correct 2.0 clicks / AA abilities, proper positioning, and a whole host of other techniques that this dumb mechanic has inspired over the years. Once you've mastered every single one of those things, perhaps then you can start comparing veteran rewards from one raid versus another in a sad attempt to figure out why one raid lost and one raid won.

Not to mention all sides to a DPS race have access to veteran rewards. Veteran rewards are not, never have been, and never will be, a magic iWin button under any circumstance except perhaps the imaginary one that you are trying to use to claim that they should be removed.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Having partaken in the majority of prime time DPS races on Selo, the veteran AA's are, in fact, confirmed OP.

The bankers and permutation peddlers are not.
  5. Hadesborne Augur

The solution, which you simply cannot understand (why I have no idea) is just BRING MORE PEOPLE. It is open world content you are complaining about. BRING MORE PEOPLE. I cannot spell it out more clearly. There IS an alternative already in place if you do not have as many EXPERIENCED people in your raid than in the competing raid. You just dont get to have the same amount of people (all made 2 weeks ago and PLed up) and win against a team of MORE EXPERIENCED people. This is the same as in life. You bring a team of newbs into a competition against a team of vets, and you most likely are going to lose.

There is and has to be an advantage for those people who have played this game longer. If you don't like it, there ARE solutions: play longer or bring more people.

When the Vet AA system was set up it you had to have PAID for that many years. Since the swap to free-to-play, this changed slightly but the premise is still the same. You willl get a benefit if you were one of the people that supported this game back when this game was under extreme competition with other titles. If you WERE NOT, and went and played WOW instead, suck it up. REAP the consequences of your poor decision.

You didn't earn them on that account did you? NO. Then why are we having this discussion.

Not everyone gets to have the same toys when different effort/time is spent attaining them. This is a simple fact of life. You learn these life lessons in...grade school? Sometimes it takes until high school?
  6. Febb Augur

These veteran AA's are clearly over powered for the eras they are in. This needed to be done.
  7. taliefer Augur

These veteran AA's are clearly no more powerful in the era they are currently introduced in, than the eras they are being proposed to be moved to. this is an unnecessary change.

this is backed up by the fact they decided to pushback the changes until coirnav hits the proposed expansions.

if these abilities actually were OP, the devs would have hit them with the nerfstick ASAP, as theyve done in the past with things they deem OP, especially on TLPs
    Tymeless, Aneuren and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  8. Machen New Member

You can't always just bring more people. 72 solid DPS toons with 7th will beat 10000 dps toons without 7th.
  9. Hadesborne Augur

Really? So your 72 vs my 10000 Necros of the same level. Deal. Wanna make a wager on it?
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Machen is right here, the single raid force of 72 will still get the kill credit, so it needs to be the highest damage 72 players out of the 1,000.

However, this is irrelevant. If both raid forces are acting at 100% maximum efficiency - which almost no raid force does - and you can eliminate enough other causes that you are left solely with a comparison of veteran AAs, then yes, veteran AAs will make this difference. So what? It's still not a magic iWin button. Veteran AAs will not replace maximum skill and efficiency spread over a sufficiently balanced raid force using the proper tactics and abilities, they only enhance what is already being put forth. The abilities alone cannot, and never have been able to, make a player or group of people actually kill something.

Every class, every player, has similar kinds of abilities or class distinctions. The argument that veterans should be removed is the same argument that all classes should play the exact same way. The biggest difference here is that every player can have veteran rewards, as long as they play Everquest for long enough. Not even class balance has that opportunity.

The rewards are fine, as is, and they are fine in the era that they are currently given. Changing the long standing practice now will have no impact other than, yet again, inflicting another morale-destroying change on Daybreak's veteran Everquest player base.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Wow someone doesnt understand how kill credit works for DPS races.

You are right Tali. They are no different regardless of which era they are available in.
    The dev's have no consistency on what they nerf. Defiant gear? But yet Glyphs and vet aa's remain. However my extra 250 HP from my mount is too OP as well for them to allow this early on in a TLP.
  12. That0neguy Augur

EQ has been F2P for longer then 7 years. So there are plenty of accounts out there that have never paid anything to DBG yet still have this reward.

I also did go back and forth between WoW and EQ over the early years when WoW was first launched. Yet I still have all 14 years worth of rewards. Guess I really am reaping the consequences of my poor decision.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

Oh i understand completely. 10000 necros would lower the fight duration so that ONE raid with 72 of those necros lifetapping would get credit easily.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

When you say crazy things like 85% more damage from an out of era ability isn't an iWin button don't expect people to treat you as anything other then crazy. 7th Harm Touch on a Signet mob or An Eerie Chest is basically a GM kill command
  15. That0neguy Augur

Obviously not if you think lifetap is how a necro wins the dps race. Even in a mob that only lasts one second your dot still counts for more credit.
  16. Bryne New Member

Heh, Daybreak shouldn't be removing any veteran rewards because somebody can't kill one group mob.

How do people come up with stuff like this?
  17. Hadesborne Augur

With 10000 necros all fighting all it would take is ONE lifetap from all necros and Bam dead. But you would know this if you understood math.
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Hadesborne you need to stop replying, you're just digging yourself deeper. Your imaginary thousand necros would lose the kill credit to a 29 person necro raid at level 65. Horror does more than 2.5 times the damage of touch of mujaki and casts faster on top of it. Raid forces for kill credit are capped at 72 people so 72 slower lifetaps for less damage are easily trumped by a smaller group casting dots.
  19. Hadesborne Augur

Understand something. It wasn't me that made some stupid claim that 72 people with 7th would win a DPS race vs 10000 other players. I just showed a scenario where that isn't true to disprove that logic. One can have the necro raid also use dots to achieve the same effect.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

What if it was 1500 druids then?