Blatant botting is completely out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Spellfire Augur

I don't respond to tells. Where in EULA does it say we have to?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You are technically free to do whatever you want. If a GM considers a lack of response as part of a reason to suspend or ban you then just petition them and tell them you don't have to respond to tells and I am sure they will fix it for you.

Well on another account I guess.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It seems to me that talk of server mergers as a way to address out-of-control botting completely misses the point, and actually would make it worse.

The answer actually is very simple. People hate the botters because they dominate content, and disrupt gameplay. Merging servers gets more players on fewer servers, and makes it EASIER for botters to block/annoy/KS people.

Just implement universal pick zones. Bots have a camp taken 24/7? Get another copy of the zone. And if botters start invading THOSE new picks? Just allow people to lock their picks, so nobody can come and bother them.

This solves both problems. People who want to play in peace won't be bothered by disruptive botters, and DBG doesn't have to ban all the people who are clearly violating the rules, but pay a large chunk of the subs for all of their botting teams. Win/win.
  4. Graves Elder

Did you miss the part where casuals HAVE participated in past betas and then despite that we've repeatedly had group content aimed squarely at people in raid gear including the last two expansions on the trot?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Actually RoS was not that bad. TBL is a bit harsh I will grant that.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

So just because they dont listen 100% of the time.

Just give up right ? Easier to complain about it later, rather then actually do beta? Is this your agenda?
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

Here we go again. The same people telling us to go do BETA are the same people who tells us it will also be ignored.

If you participate in BETA and let us know none of your feedback is ever listened to, why would anyone want to do BETA? If they actually did listen, you might get more people joining. For TBL, people said everything was ignored besides a few broken elements of the expansion.

So 1% changed while the other 99% was unchanged.
  8. Brohg Augur

Every year I've been able to point to several bits of EQ that would be otherwise if I hadn't participated & provided feedback. It's pretty gratifying to contribute to the game I continue to love.
    Whulfgar and Thunderkiks like this.
  9. Laronk Augur

I think the dps requirement for cactii was harder than most TBL stuff for the "casual"
  10. Brohg Augur

There is nearly no dps requirement for Cactiikii. That the "meta" became attempting to end-run all the mechanics of that mission with crazy deeps doesn't mean it's actually required. There's no *real* 70 second time limit in there, that's just when the available exploit expires.
  11. Graves Elder

Sure it wasn't a rerun of Gates but other than the level increase and trade skill parts it really wasn't up to much for the majority, hence the continued popularity of EoK zones.

I've still yet to meet anyone in game that completed the progression without raid geared assistance or 3rd party software. And I have asked.
  12. Graves Elder

Who said anything about giving up? I hope the next expansion is well tuned and if so I'll pay for it. But I'm not going to get stiffed again paying for something I won't use. And therefore I can't do beta as it is locked behind the paywall. Chicken and egg.

And it is not that they don't listen 100% of the time. The problem is more like 100% of the time they don't listen.
    Spellfire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Hi. I have completed the progression with my alts. Using my none raid geared Grp geared Warrior, enchanter, shaman, berserker, berserker, berserker.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

And now you have met some one who has completed progression on toons with no raid gear at the time they completed the progression.

(I have since put raid weapons on all 3 zerkers, and raid arms on 1 zerker)
  15. Greldek New Member

Lol, guy in this thread admits to suspension for farming afk for 2 days, and people here talking like you get banned for taking a leak. If you don't want to farm the mats without afk farming, then farm the plat to buy them, if you don't want to farm the plat, then buy a krono. You have 3 options that are within the rules of the game. And yet everyone defending AFK farming.

There were 3 people afk farming all the ogres for the merc quest in feerrott the dream for weeks. I feel no pity for them when they get suspended and hope they keep on doing it long enough to get banned.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try Lose/Lose.

This, literally, is the worst idea ever. You've effectively made EQ a single-player game AND handed botters exactly what they want.

No. No. No. And NO.
  17. Graves Elder

What part of "in game" do you have problem comprehending?
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Again.. Hi. I've done this. IN GAME.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Do you always push your own limits off on "everyone else" in game?

Asking for a friend..
  20. Tappin Augur

Who responds to tells from people they don't know? That's asking for trouble. Besides, I cannot say I have accidently missed tells alt tabbing trough my accounts. I don't think that's a good method to determine if someone is afk farming. No, I am not defending people who afk kill, just think there are better methods to determine if someoen is afk killing.