Please recind the riposte nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

At this point in this games tenure can we not have changes that make the game more "annoying" to play? This change to riposte wasn't something that was widely needed or wanted... and everyone I've talked to prefers it the way it was. Please consider rolling back this particular change... it would be appreciated by your player base.
    Hothand likes this.
  2. Bamboompow Augur

They won't.
    They say its a hardware optimization to reduce lag. So they can justify it as a Real World cost saving measure and the suits have their back. Nerf this skill or upgrade hardware. Yah the nerf is cheap, because they count on the players to get over it. A few subs lost is probably cheaper than upgrading the server farm or finding a better outsource.

It also kinda conveniently addresses other things, at least superficially.
  3. Hothand New Member

As far as the issue of solving lag problems go this is a brilliant fix. Just keep the unwanted nerfs coming until you outrage everyone into quitting a game that has stopped being fun. Then with everyone gone there will be no lag at all or at the very least no one left to complain about it. Devs are playing the long game on this one, cut #879 of EQ's death by a thousand cuts.
  4. Lianeb Augur

I actually thought a pretty interesting way to think outside the box also. I am glad we can agree
    Funky, Duder and Sancus like this.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

You can turn the lights off, Lianeb.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I thought that happened in 2001 and 2 and 3 etc...
  7. WorriedinNorrath Elder

While they're at it they can rescind other gameplay changes that have made EQ bland and boring starting two or three years ago. This current group of developers are micromanaging every last gameplay detail and outright killing the game for everyone.
  8. svann Augur

omg my parse!!!~!
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Speaking of; I'm still waiting for someone to post a parse backing up all the wild claims about this nerf/change. (to be fair, I might have missed someone posting one in the 13+ page thread on this? if so I'm sure someone will point me to it) Otherwise I pretty much classify this as "my jboots seem slower after the patch".

Also comparing GMM pre-patch and post-patch isn't a good place, as they changed the difficulty of the mobs in that zone with this patch. So saying you can't pull 12 things and tank them down now, doesn't mean riposte nerf was responsible for that.. it was the change to the zone. So ya, hopefully some nice tanky person posts a good pre-change and post-change parse to show the difference in riposte rates devastating their dps or ability to tank.

Until then...
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I feel like most of the complaints regarding the Riposte nerf actually stem from the fact that against trivial content Melee can’t just turn to face them and Riposte down entire trains without hitting a button. It seems to have less to do with aggro or DPS on mobs of equivalent level.
    Metapsyche, kizant and Warpeace like this.
  11. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Not being able to riposte trivial mobs is surely annoying but not the only reason for complaints. One of the best sources of exp for pal/sk is swarming darkblues in semi-old expansions and this change is a noticable dps nerf.
  12. Metapsyche Augur

This x100 for me. Literally my only problem with the riposte nerf was the step back in quality of life vs trivial content. I see little to no difference on current content, so from that aspect it doesn’t bother me at all. But yes I liked it better when I could turn around and instantly nuke a train, lol.
  13. Tutankamen Augur

This isn't far from the truth- this is worthy of quitting over IMO. I'm debating quitting over this nerf its so outrageous.
  14. Duder Augur

Im curious, have you tanked anything outside of trying to do the howlers mission like you always used to?
  15. Horyuken Augur

On a side note the intended change, zone performance improvements, I have noticed things running better, pathing, and spell casting so I would say nice work DB!
  16. Piemastaj Augur

I'm sorry but just about every nerf is classified as not wanted by at least some or most of the playerbase. Unfortunately, this is not our game it is the developers game and they chose to nerf this. Simply because some people don't want it to change doesn't give enough justification for them to not change it.

You can add this to the ever growing list of things that irritates the playerbase. Some changes are good and some are bad.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the change. However, asking for it to change back because a few people don't think it needs to be changed is laughable. Any type of argument made for changing anything would need way more data/evidence than that.
    Sancus, Spellfire and menown like this.
  17. Laronk Augur

I haven't tried the howler mission since the "nerf"but I've been doing TBL progression and just got into mearatas and I can still tank! Plus the middle was open 0.o so I also got to kill 4 nameds before bed and my box in conflag survived all the ae's but thats another story the riposte nerf hasn't stopped me from tanking current content as a paladin!
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'm against nerfs in general (I don't even ask for SKs to be nerfed, how about that!).

I'm against this nerf.

But I have yet to see anyone produce ANY date of relevance. Just anecdotes from people saying its the end of the world to people saying its meaningless and to "git gud".

I do intend to try and get some testing in myself, but maybe someone, anybody, could also do some testing and post some real numbers before/after?
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

While discussing riposte the DBG management team was spotted...

[IMG]
    Dwimmerlaike and Duder like this.
  20. skabe Elder