Firiona Vie TLP IS COMING... If dev's keep their logic consistent

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Sep 22, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

"The devs have stated that until a sizable number of people start up on Zek and prove that there's any real interest in a PvP TLP that there will never be one."

Now, PVP aside, doesn't it make sense that a FV server is coming next because it is, unarguably one of the most, if not the most, popular Live servers?
    Geoff likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

popularity aside, it gets harder and harder to come back for successive TLPs. Selo makes it easier with fast xp, but tradable loot is the next step. Just not sure if I'll be able to bear another re-roll after selo.
    Icaen likes this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If the current cheating doesn't stop before the next tlp, i'm sure someone will post how to bypass keys in zones, how to remove motm on instances and how to bypass truebox without the use of a vm, oh and how to bypass locked doors completely without a warp.

Perhaps it may be popular but I'm sure the next TLP might burn down quickly.
    Icaen likes this.
  4. Aegir Augur

You want a free-trade server.

Firiona Vie ruleset comes with a lot more than just free-trade that I highly doubt anyone would want on a TLP server.
    Meridian likes this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

I hear it forces you to communicate in a roleplaying manner, as if you were really a denizen of Norrath, and not Earth. if you do not adhere to this rule, which is the basis for the entire server, the FV community will ostracize you for life.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm on the FV server. Other than free trade there isn't much difference, then the other servers. People really don't role play.

Things which are a little different perhaps. New group gear is cheap, it's on junk status for selling. RAID and twink gear is where the money is at for selling. There's no common tongue. Elvish is the default language. XP is higher, which a lot of people seem to like

People on FV, Raid, group, molo, trade skill and sit in the GL. Kind of like most servers.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

This sums up current FV. Aside from the absence of a common tongue and tradeable loot, FV is just another Live server. Maybe they only roleplay at the end game, since I only ever leveled there into the 70's? But I'm skeptical.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

You summed up exactly how I feel. I'll never do another Mangled style Phinny reboot. Selo hit a sweet spot with the faster unlocks to mitigate burnout, WoW, and generally tedium of some expansions (some just absolutely bleed players with unnecessarily long 12 week lockouts).

But FV is super casual friendly, and it plays well into people who have done a lot of TLP's and want something actually unique.
  9. Midnitewolf Augur

I have to admit I wish there was a new Free-trade server with a faster XP rate. I think Selo is great for XP but the expansion rate is a bit too fast. Maybe a 8 week cycle.

From the free trade standpoint, I have always hated the idea of gear being restricted by the "No Drop" or "Required Level" or "Attunable" tags. For one, it is massively immersion breaking that you can't sell items you loot to other players or that a sword can't be used because you don't have enough experience to swing a sword, despite you having swung a sword for 42 levels already. For another, not everyone can devote the time required to raid so having raid gear be able to be bought on the market is huge for someone like me because it allows me to gear up and be competitive despite not having to time to raid.
  10. code-zero Augur

The devs have also said flat out that free trade servers cause them headaches that they don't want to deal with.
  11. neveroom Journeyman

Surely a FV TLP would be horrific, already the first few expansions due to drop able loot are a total mess, and only serve people really who want to make Krono.
    FV TLP would be like that forever, just horrid.
  12. Lumiens Augur

An FV progression server is the only thing that will get me back from WoW classic.
  13. jeskola pheerie

well gee, that's a great reason not to do something a lot of customers want. Its a headache and I don't want to deal with it. I think Absor is the one who said that. Maybe its time for him to move on. He seems to just be a cranky customer-hating old grouch now.
  14. qweasy Augur

Whatever the rules may be there's 0 chance I play if it doesn't have at least Selo exp rate.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  15. Hateseeker Augur

I'm enjoying Selo because I can play multiple characters...not necessarily box them, but actually play one at a time, and cover multiple characters, because of the fast exp. What I can't do is gear up multiple characters very well because selo didn't do anything to keep that up to pace. Gearing pace isn't quite matched to exp pace. The server needs double loots, as well as open trade loot. And certainly for me to go to another server after selo, it needs to have those things from day one. Otherwise I may go another 5 years just lurking on the forum and not playing.
  16. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah I feel the same way to a degree. The fast progression on Selo is great but unless you solely focus on one character, you start to fall way behind on the gear progression really quickly. Honestly I don't think double loots fixes this issue, especially if you want to play alts, rather I think the issue is how fast the new expansions come out. If you had more time to soak up the existing content before a new expansion came though, then you could progress multiple alts.

The only other think that might resolve this would be if it was free-trade. Then you could bypass the hours of raiding to get geared but would face the problem of likely having to rely on Krono to pay for the upgrades. I mean at the end of the day, if you don't have time to grind for loot, your not going to have time to grind for the plat to buy loot either.
  17. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Yeah can you imagine loads more people buying krono from Daybreak with the intent to use it to buy gear from other players?

That would be horrible.
  18. Hateseeker Augur

Well, there's a good bit of rots, and a lot of recent expansion gear that could be handed down or sold instead of deleted, if there was free-trade.

And, people can talk about how it would make krono worse, but I disagree. It would make krono sales more common, yes, but individual prices would go down and be less gouging level, because free-trade would increase supply. And, complaining about increased krono sales in most any way is a pointless argument to make, anyway, because Krono is officially supported and supports the game.

I just think it's sad that Selo's was the most compatible ruleset with freetrade, and it didn't get it. And they don't tend to make such changes after release, and many of us may not be looking to go again even if there was a Selo 2.0 FreeTrade.
  19. LDEffectsMe Augur

Let's do something a lot different... Let's make a server where everything that isn't crafted (and spells/songs) is NO TRADE. Get out and earn all of your gear. That should kill the Krono market... (Which is why they won't do it.)
  20. code-zero Augur

I suspect that you think that all that they have to do is "flip a switch" for that to happen? Anyway, loot rights would be auctioned off under that sort of system unless you want to do something really wild like give every individual group its very on private pick to play in and even then there'd be auctions to join established groups.