Instead of server mergers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Lilura Augur

Since server mergers have technical issues, why not set up free transfers to low-population servers from the high pop servers? Set up a script to move a whole guild en masse. That way we push people out to a low population server that needs the growth.

Zek excluded of course. They might as well shut that one down.
    Lilybeme likes this.
  2. Mazame Augur

Are you saying your going to force people on a server they like to move to a low pop server? Umm no thank you

A free transfer token doesn't mean it is issue free.
    1 packing a house or 20 is a nightmare. I still have a toon with an anchor on one sever that I can't get back and it wont let me get a new one because it thinks i already have it.

Also I have many toons and not all of them are in a guild. so if your going to have them randomly pick guilds to transfer you going to have a number of people unhappy about having their toon split up.

Next would be my friendships. just because I am in one guild doesn't mean I not friends with other on my server and you again asking daybreak to pick who get moved and who gets to stay?

In the end you asking people on a high pop server that are happy with where they are to pick up and move to low pop server just to help the server out ? would it not be less work and less effort to have the low pop server people Move to where ever they want after all lower pop would mean less people moving.
  3. Allayna Augur

4. Drpeppa Journeyman

If you server lacks people.

Why would other people want to be forced to move there ?
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Dwimmerlaike Elder

I think instead of server mergers, you should just continue the types of thought that brought the ripo and GMM changes. This will get people to stop playing and you can just close down some of the servers without worrying about a merge.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

There are high population servers? o_O
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Disrupting server communities is the last thing this game needs. Mergers prevent that.

Could you imagine if you could cross-server invite to instances though? That may not be remotely possible, but I know Guild Wars 2 essentially does that on a game wide level.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think it would be amazing if those zoning times could be utilized to bridge servers and optimize dead zones. Imagine if when you zones into a COTF zone everyone on every server zoned into that same zone, unless exceeding the intended capacity in which case it would /pickzone.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

That's exactly how GW2 works pretty much.