Illusions in Marketplace or Special Crates

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by meatsauce, Sep 23, 2019.

1. meatsauce New Member

Hello DBG,

Would you please consider adding some special illusion crates to the marketplace that included Venril Sathir, Cazic Thule, and other notables. There are some old mob graphics that I absolutely love and would appreciate a chance to get an illusion of them some day.

Any other illusions people would pay huge $$$ to get a chance at? I paid a lot in station cash to get 2 ice giant illusions, also one of my favorites. The old PoH priest of Innoruuk was also an awesome graphic.
    Xanathol and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  2. gnomeboss Augur

dear dbg,

[IMG]
    Cimbaeth likes this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

They expressed regret after introducing Guise of the Ancient Gods. I'd be very surprised to seem them introduce any further illusions emulating well known NPCs
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You can get old world Cazic Thule with Guise of the Ancient Gods and the newer model with Cazic's Blood. Though, both limited to 30 minutes and 18 minutes buff timers, respectively.

Some musings:

I agree. Venril Sathir is nice.

I've pleaded for illusions based off of old city guard models (before Heritage crates).

[IMG]

Everyone loves Lord Seru.

[IMG]

A top illusion for ladies:

Child Quellious
    [IMG]

King Dain is always cool. Next expansion /claim?

[IMG]

I always thought 'The Synarcana' (MM LDoN) was cool. Erudite crate?

[IMG]

The Valkyries in PoHealth are awesome. Human crate?

[IMG]
    Xanathol likes this.
  5. Cimbaeth Elder

I spent 9000 + station cash trying to get the wiltedblossom wreath illusion from half elf heritage crates....and never got it.......... the troll heritage crates I open 3 and get 2 illusions.......... I wish there was a "number of crates opened" counter in the station cash window so after a certain amount of crates you can get one that allows you to choose the prize you want. Otherwise it's just negative reinforcement and crazy bad/good luck.
  6. meatsauce New Member

DBG, I spent literally $300 or so in station cash to get those 2 ice giant illusions, please don't lose site of some easy money there for you, and happiness for some of your customers. I'd literally pay huge amounts of station cash to get a Venril Sathir illusion.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd love to see the spec from Velious as an illusion always loved the fur trimmed hoods.
  8. eqgamer Augur

I spent 500.00, got one. Only then did it dawn on me that I could buy a few Krono for 18.00 each and achieve the same result. I then used that lightbulb moment experience for the recent troll illusion and saved - I'm guessing - a good amount.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Illusions eat server resources, something the Dev team has recently deemed BAD.
  10. Mordor New Member

I will literally pay $500 in station cash for this illusion, please offer it! I most likely am not the only one.
  11. Sobmre Augur

if they wanted to make money they would add alot of these, but they instead spend time making changes to lose money........
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The last time we went 'round about this they added 4 (or 5 was it?) for a limited time.

I say we either live with the randomness, or keep begging them to release everything 'vaulted' permanently. If you're like me and favor that idea.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

NEW illusions would eat more server resources than the currently existing ones do.

The existing illusions that are not currently in the marketplace/'vaulted' would use no more resources than they currently do, to make them available in the marketplace.

The game is getting old and stuffing it full of new things is getting near the limit.

As to why they don't put everything they can in the marketplace (FULL TIME) to make money is beyond me. The game files are already stuffed full of things that take up space but they make no effort to monetize. :confused:
  14. Warpeace Augur

A rather flawed argument really? The more people using illusions the more resources get used up, can simply stop at that. How much resource an old vs new illusion use I really don't care they both consume additional server resources.

Any illusion uses more resources than a character not using one, so how is saying an old illusion eating less additional server resources is better than a newer illusion using more server resources make the long term situation better? Look at recent patch notes and you can see they are trying to reclaim as much server resources as they can.

They have also commented on items people are asking for be placed back up for sale in the market store. They didn't sell well. Thats their story. Maybe its true maybe it isn't.

Don't take it mean I am against people having illusions and enjoying their time in game.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It all makes no sense to me.

If having any individual pop an illusion (that isn't currently loaded for anyone) in the zone is a problem, on raids in keyed zones this isn't an issue, as the leader insists on no illusions (or they code the zone that way).

So we are talking about a performance issue in open zones. Correct?

Because if Tardil the necromancer shows up in the zone with my Hero's Forge robe on, and pops my aviak illusion on my pet, and then a minotaur illusion on myself, I am somehow causing a problem for the zone?

And it is smart for them to identify 'low selling' illusions to keep out of the marketplace so some durp head like me doesn't create a problem for everyone because I want to roleplay with the illusion I paid for?

I still don't get it. And I understand how the resource usage works.
  16. Warpeace Augur

You have to look at the server as a whole I believe. Might be useful if a Dev chimed in on how it specifically effects a server. We could also look at how instances eat server resources and how "groups" getting their own instance take away resources from players wanting to use illusions:D

To be honest I can pull a zone and lag it out while farming TS mats, but that dosent effect the entire server. So there has to be variations that effect the resources here and there.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

My larger point is just, these are items that were paid for with real world dollars (and could make them money in the future). I feel when making resource optimizations they should do everything they can to accommodate marketplace items remaining viable (even if they can't add new ones).

Ignoring real world money items that have already been made and already exist in the game files, and favoring 'server optimizations', TO ME, is "penny wise and pound foolish". Just my opinion, and I can see none too popular.

**Edit**
    If it's such a great resource boost, why not delete the low selling/vaulted items from the game entirely? Nobody cares about them anyway?
  18. Greldek New Member

It's really sad how stagnant the cash store is. the only new stuff is the heritage crates. Same old busted mounts, familiar,s and illusions for years now.
    MasterMagnus likes this.