Live Update Bugs 09/18/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

The problem is that it would do 1 of 3 things.

Eat the counter each tick, as DoTs used to of improved twincast for other classes.
    Require paladins to remove Force of Mercy from a stun-locking lineup in order to do a twin-hot because it will chew counters each cast for no gain.
    Cause us to tab target as you have suggested...for an inferior HoT. No TY.

You know why? Because both the shaman and cleric group HoT has a higher base value and has stacking issues with our own.

/eyeroll I always love waiting 6 secs for 60K worth of healing tho...
  2. kizant Augur

This isn't a big deal and maybe not even a bug but doesn't this log message resemble a DoT and not a DD? Although, if the point was to not break root I imagine it would make sense to turn this into a DoT. Is the wording in the update notes backwards?

[Sun Sep 22 21:54:24 2019] Ralaifin Ecclesiastic has taken 16000 damage from your Silent Fire VI.
  3. Allayna Augur

Certainly seemed like a dot as Ward of Destruction was breaking mez every tick on raids Sunday...
    kizant likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

please delete Ward of Destruction. Weird 1300 dps boost with 20 minute cool down is Not Worth Fixing
  5. Elsewhen New Member

Firiona Vie server.
    TBL: Stratos: Get the task from Great Sky Ocean: Contract of war.
    Task is assigned
    Trying to enter get the message
    "The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here"
    Same with Brass Palace mission.

This is on a character with all the progression done !
  6. a_warror01 New Member

Live Server
    Launcher does not download updated files...
    Installing 0 K of 52,569 K 0.0%
    After the above message times out, receive

Mon Sep 23 14:24:43 2019: UnableToDownload - SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/32/a6b/fbfb319462c37db6868ee325fd2dc388efa

Wanted to try a fresh install from https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_setup.exe but received error

This page isn’t working
    launch.daybreakgames.com took too long to respond.
    HTTP ERROR 504
  7. niente Developer

This is being looked at; for now you can try to log in by bypassing the patcher:
    1. Open cmd (Start > Run > cmd)
    2. Navigate to your EQ directory (ex: cd "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest" )
    3. eqgame.exe patchme
    a_warror01 likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

But it looks so pretty. :(
  9. a_warror01 New Member

Kizant, Thank you. The command prompt patchme fixed it. It had been a while since I'd used it, but like riding a bike, realized I had to go up a directory

/cd ..
    /cd public
    cd etc.

Is there a cmd command to patch from Test server back to Live server?
  10. kizant Augur

No problem, Niente.
  11. Elronds New Member

just patching game for first time in a long time had to redownload and when this is tried it says xul.dll was not found along with steam_api.dll
  12. a_warror01 New Member

Now getting the following error code once the server is selected and try to connect to it.

Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.
  13. niente Developer

If you previously were patched to the Test server or haven't patched since before last Wednesday, unfortunately you'll have to wait until LaunchPad is fixed.
  14. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Bummer, thanks for the heads up Kizant
    Sancus and kizant like this.
  15. a_warror01 New Member

I have 2 EQ game installs/directories, one that stays patched to Test and the other Flip/Flops back and forth.

There are no problems or error messages when connecting to Test and accessing Test Characters while using my normal game shortcut to J:\Games\EverQuestI_test\LaunchPad.exe (I am not using any patchme workaround, Test connects just fine)

It is my Live directory is patched to Live that is having the issues. First it was The Error 1017 is from the Live server directory. Connecting fine with no "patchme" work around on Test.

TEST is using
    LaunchPad: 4.1.0.0 (173)
    Shell: 6.0.0.16
    Installer: 1.0.3.195
    Environment: live

Now go figure... I did nothing and the live is connecting and I am on the character select screen. Must be a bad case of FM.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Not a problem. It's 1 (or 2) counter per spell cast, not per tick (of Cleansing) as I reported in the thread I started.
    Not a problem, Force of Mercy doesn't twincast.
    Correct. If you want to twincast a duration heal, then Cleansing is your only option. Hence my post to the devs.

Lol, beats waiting for a rez box.

I buff block cleric single target Elixir because of healer mercs. Elixir of Wulthan overwrites and blocks paladin cleansing true and so what? either way I know I'm covered and for 2 Tunare counters doubly so. I'm never grouped with a shaman on raids, so not a practical issue.
  17. Allayna Augur

I responded in paladin thread with data and rationales, where this belongs. It's not broken, adding 10m cost to recourse from Force of Mercy would be terrible. No one casts cleansing and will continue to not cast it.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

I think your argument is baseless. The Devs have just given us a reason to cast Cleansing again (which is what I'm objecting to by reporting a bug here) and the min-maxers among us will do so. Except for one lol.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Shared Task fight fire.
    Leader changes from group leader after request.
    Other character changes the task leader to group leader, it immediatly changes back.

More notes: I can assign task leader to anyone else and it works. If I assign it to Bigstomp it switches away right away.

I have tried dropping the task, camping all characters out and back in. No change.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

After zoning into the instance, the toon registers as offline to everyone else in the group