Riposte Change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Venalin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. gnomeboss Augur

guyz, you’ll be able to buy increased ripo rate aa in velious 2.0 to return to the same level of power you have now. it’s going to be OK.
    Remien and Voxynn like this.
  2. Venalin Journeyman

I don't often post on the forums much. I lurk all the time, but rarely feel inclined to post about anything in particular. This change inspired me to post, showcasing what the change designed to maybe increase performance slightly had done to facets of the game that may or may not have been considered. Not that it should matter at all whether I've posted or not (It doesn't) but this character has been my main for 15+ years on Stromm -> Luclin/Stromm -> Phinigel. Come say hi, my toons name is Venalin (Shocking).
    There is no point in trying to turn a discussion about a change in game mechanics into childish personal attacks.

The change effects SKs the exact same amount as any other class, though SKs are probably the class that utilizes riposte the most. I included details of my lesson burn to add context to what I saw regarding the riposte changes. Yes, it hampers my ability to earn xp solo. Not in my ability to survive the pulls, but in the time it takes to kill them. Yes, this is incredibly annoying. Am I whining about SK nerfs? No, I am "whining" about changing base combat mechanics to hopefully increase server performance. Slightly.

If this change was SUPPOSED to be a nerf to X class, then sure, whatever. I may disagree about the reason/need for a nerf, but so be it.

I post in hopes of showcasing the impacts of the riposte change, and ideally getting some dev input as to whether or not these impacts were known about/acceptable.

I'm just glad I finished all my tradeskills and slayer achievements prior to this fiasco...
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Seems to me this kind of stuff happens every year with nerfs and always right before a new expansion comes out. Has anybody else notice that?

Andarriel
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I was able to do like 3-5 mobs at a time too although I would have to pop disc with my merc but just doing two and I was taking a beating even died from just tanking two of them. When did they change riposte? main reason I was using 2hs mainly looks like I need to go back to duel wielding.

Andarriel
  5. Tucoh Augur

If
    If i had to guess there is a bunch of cleanup and restructuring that happens late summer where everything is relatively stable and the playerbase is the smallest. And the rebalancing we see as nerfs is just a part of that.
    Brohg likes this.
  6. Silverstone Journeyman

I should thank DB. First time in almost 20 years of play I have no desire to log on.

The riposte change effected healing for paladins also against multiple mobs. I played a little and still have no desire to log back in. Congrats, you will save me a lot of time to do other things.
  7. Brohg Augur

procs have only hit the targeted mob for over a year. there's a hit to proc rate from the present nerf, but nothing to do with multiple mobs
  8. Sobmre Augur

I guess they didn't learn the lesson of H1Z1's Combat update......stop messing with stuff that isn't broken and risk losing players...................
    Xeladom likes this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

They could have made this change and not mentioned it, and no one would have known, especially with the GMM nerf thrown on top of it.

Good job Daybreak in being transparent with the changes you make to the game.

P.S.
    My Jboots seem slower after this patch did you nerf run speed?
    Drpeppa, Duder and Allayna like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Uhhh, have you killed some old mobs to get some TS materials? It would have been known immediately. It's good they do tell us what's done, but saying no one would notice if they didn't? LOL.
  11. Lianeb Augur

G
    Grey content concerns me greatly
    Duder, Allayna and kizant like this.
  12. kizant Augur

Just so I understand. You're viewing only Ripostes and dividing them up by hit type? To see how many were bash ripostes vs slash ripostes. And then you're looking for the number of double ripostes too? So, I take it that's just when you see two Ripostes in the same second in the log? And I guess you would want to count misses too?
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Only every late summer/early fall. August is the month of the Nerfs.They allow us to enjoy summer and than the hammer falls right around the time the school buses start clogging the streets. Devs would probably say its just coincidental but the only thing it coincides with is players complaining about this or that. The usual sour grapes.

I have not tried "Counter Attack" on my rogue yet. If I have to single target every stupid grey con I am gonna be sadfaced (was another word here but didn't get past the Ned Flanders filter). Wastes the discipline.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

/yawn. But you said it wouldn't have been noticed at all. Which is it? You wouldn't have, or no one would have?
  15. Bamboompow Augur

If he doesn't notice it, than it doesn't exist for anyone else either. Unless it does!o_O
  16. Lianeb Augur

That’s not it at all I see a slight difference in riposte in current content, but it is certainly not the issue ForumQuest makes it out to be. This is typical mountain out of a mole hill of FQ. Oh the travesty of having to turn on attack for grey con mobs.

Let me focus on the one single area of the game this effects (that is a single niche instance) and now the sky is falling, verse what the actual intent of what the change changes
    Drpeppa, Allayna and Duder like this.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

400kdps auto attack or riot!
  18. Allayna Augur

It was about twice that for some classes. Now the game is slightly more balanced, tanks ....tank and dps ....dps.
  19. Cicelee Augur

As a non tank, I just want to understand the complaint.

Before the patch, a tank could stand in front of 50 grey con mobs and, via riposte, defeat all 50 grey cons while maybe only targeting ten of them.

Now, a tank can stand in front of 50 grey con mobs and have to click their ETW 50 times with attack on in order to defeat all 50 grey cons?

O Forum Quest. You can do better than this! Do I have to create another thread asking for an enhancement on a caster item in order to see what FQ is capable of?
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You don't get the reference ;)
    Sancus likes this.