...who's driving this thing called EQ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bgierhan, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Bgierhan New Member

Hey just a few comments on TLPs:

1. Why so many? You've made so many TLPs that hardly any TLPs have hardly any people on them. Why would you release two at once? Bad planning imo. I suggest combing the live servers into one, as well as all the other water-downed TLPs. I guess GM events are a thing of the past.

2. When you do double rares, you are doing yourselves favors by strengthening your Krono. Because there are a bunch more "rare" items, their price goes down and the price of Krono goes up. When you do double xp, you are doing players a favor. So stop holding double rare events and trying to sell more Krono and only do double xp rates.

3. Why would you think the number of people that want a new server that everyone gets to start at 85 is more favorable than a TLP pvp server OR a 1 box server? Bad planning imo. Currently, the only version of EQ you can play that only allows people to play 1 toon at a time is p99. Get a new person in charge of these ideas.

4. When we report people for clearly violating PNP, why would you throw your own credibility out of the window by not showing us what happens to them? Why would you think you have any of our trust when it comes to that issue such that we would not need to see what happens to them? We have the death penalty where I live and we get to watch the life fade from their eyes. Are you afraid you would expose an impotency to punish people who you can't tell if they are or aren't violating the PNP or EULA? Show us punishments and keep records of people like criminal records available for people to see and determine for themselves if they want that sort of toxicity before they invite people to their guilds.

5. Why would you allow P99 to continue to drain people away from here? Even after the head GM, Sirken, was caught giving out mob timers? That had to be a violation of the license or whatever you have them under emulating this game.
    Shed yourself of this parasitic P99 emulation and take control of your game and cash flow.

6. Why can't you stop people from cheating? I don't want to specifically mention how because I think you made it against the rule to mention what/how is being cheated... as if being language are going to solve anything? Does it recover some feeling of control over the game that you have lost not being able to detect/punish these people? Stop the cheating, quit punishing people for calling out impotency.

7. Who's driving this thing? Just seems like one bad decision after another. Making expansions but not restoring trust or impotency. Get a new driver.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for saying any of this, not like I care too much considering I could just play P99 or another of the 1,000 games I have or countless other MMOs. Hopefully I also didn't offend any virtue signaling forum warriors who think they have some sort of false sense of duty to come to the aid of DBG when someone offers constructive criticism.

Thanks,

Someone who is on the fence.
  2. Laronk Augur

I didn't want to reply to a bunch of your other stuff;

Those players mostly are not going to play actual EQ

People actually don't like companies that protect their IP too strongly
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

P99 Green may draw some people away from TLPs just because it's a "new shiny", I can agree with that. But I don't see why Daybreak would care if a P99 GM was giving out mob timers. I'm fairly certain that the Live/TLP servers spawn 10-15% faster than P99 and open world raid mobs are drastically sped up as well. Heck I've posted tons of timers in the Veteran's lounge Hunter Achieve threads for nailing down classic era rares mobs.

The rest is fair.
  4. code-zero Augur

The devs have stated that until a sizable number of people start up on Zek and prove that there's any real interest in a PvP TLP that there will never be one.

They aren't going to do a single box only server, they're leaving that niche to P99 and that's probably a good thing.

Why not a Heroic server?

The biggest mistake that they ever made on TLP was removing punishing death penalties and extremely low experience from Mangler before it opened under pressure from people wanting a Phinny clone.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Starting up on a mature (read: older than dirt) Live server to justify starting a TLP is nearly 0 logic. Now, I'm not saying a PvP TLP will make it to Live with a healthy population, but we've never even seen that anyways, so there's that.

The biggest problem I see with a PVP server is the rampant hacks and bots that would make the game unplayable or at the very least un-enjoyable.
  6. jeskola pheerie

As discussed in numerous other threads, DBG does not currently possess the technical expertise to process a server merge. They tried it with Vulak into Fippy with a new modernized script, and it failed, so they have shelved the idea of Server Merges for the foreseeable future (aka forever most likely).

DBG event xp bonuses stack with XP Potions. People grind a hell of a lot more during XP bonus events, and thus buy a hell of a lot more potions during those events. They make way more money off XP bonus events than Krono inflation based on a weekend of double rares.

1box won't ever happen, its a money loser and unenforceable. That being said, the lvl 85 start server is going to be dead on arrival (or within a month). They certainly are very out of touch with implementing new TLP ideas that would bring in players and money.

there is too much ambiguity here for suspensions/bans to be publicly available information, but we can all agree they need to step it up with cheater/hacker detection and prevention.

I agree, screw P99.

agreed. Every time a new Producer's Letter comes out, I get all excited, and it ends up being a letdown, and then nothing is done about major game-breaking issues like hacks and unattended gameplay. Great, we have another new TLP and another new expansion. How about announcing new hack detection, or higher level heroics, or a fix for truebox?
    I hear you. I am currently enjoying some single-player games while I wait to see if there will be a future in Everquest for me anymore.
  7. code-zero Augur

referring to the highlighted, it doesn't matter if you believe it is zero logic that is what the devs have established as a requirement to justify any PvP TLP. As long as you resist doing what they've given you then you will not be getting a PvP TLP
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Where's the logic in that?
  9. Midnitewolf Augur

Because there are people like me who keep transferring servers AND buying more Krono to do it. That is the reason why.

Honestly, I am just here because there are exactly ZERO good MMOs out there and EQ happens to be the best of the older but great MMOs still available. I started on Corinav for the nostalgic experience until I realized that without a super strong player base that allows great grouping experiences from level 1 onward combined with the fact I have a demanding career, I just don't have the tolerance for the slow XP rate. I bought like 5-6 Krono there before I quit.

Then I jumped on Selo about 2-3 weeks ago and love the XP rate, but due to its fast progression, since I didn't start out with everyone else, I feel like I am almost two far behind, especially since I tend to be an Alt-oholic. Hell it is damn near impossible to get a group at the 60-65 range as a chanter because 99% of the server is all at 70 and only wants level 70s in their groups or so it seems. I have bought 3 Krono so far on Selo.

Next I will probably go over the the new server where you can start at 85 and try my luck there. At least I don't have to grind yet another Chanter from level 1 (not to mention 4-5 alts) and with a 3 month expansion update, I don't have to feel pressured to keep up with the content like I do on Selo. I am sure I will buy another 3-4 Krono.

But it doesn't stop there. Nope. I am still looking for that perfect server. On that lets me start at 60, at PoP, has free-trade rules and accelerated XP. If that one comes out, I am sure move there as well and buy yet more Krono and this will continue until Pantheon finally releases at which point, I will probably jump ship and never look back.
  10. Icaen Elder

You

You have commitment issues that's why you can't find your server. Just stay on Selo where the XP is hot, and in 2-3 days of casual play and use of 1KR you can gear/level a character to 60+ not to mention the alt loot starts absolutely pouring in DODH next week, if it isn't already with LDON+DON. You started 2-3 weeks ago? So you started during WoWC and DON, populations are down right now for PUGs. You should be looking at joining a guild for groups if you can't or don't solo. It's honestly never been a better time to join Selo with all the catchup gear and how long we stay at 70 (4 months). Also Luclin AA autogrant will come with DODH.
  11. taliefer Augur

its actually not terrible logic by the Devs in this case.

Zek is a free to play server. if there really was some huge contingent of PVPers wanting a pvp TLP, would it really be that hard to organize a day to log in and spike the zek server population for a day or even evening?

theres been 0 effort. because there really isnt a demand for an eq pvp server.
    discordkitty and code-zero like this.
  12. Bgierhan New Member

To be honest I was surprised how constructively criticized some ideas were on here. Clearly a superior community than lets say, the emulated Everquest, or the emulated Warhammer Online.

I kind of assume my comments don't exactly hit the nail on the head, but I didn't really expect them too either. I noticed people having a lot of patience setting aside the ridiculous things and focusing on ones that made a little more sense. Clearly indicative of a superior community.

I noticed I do have a lot of commitment issues when it comes a game swamped in PVE. However, when I have the ability to swim back and forth between PVE and PVP I seem to be content.

I wish there was a way to create a new server that could be both. Maybe if you're flagged for pvp you get double xp. That would be cool. And make the flagging timer an hour. Meaning if you unflag you can't reflag for a couple hours, or if you flag you can't unflag for a couple hours.

My thinking was if they can create a copy of your character and put it on the test server, why can't they create a copy of your character and put it on a new server where they do the same for everyone else.

Wish ya the best of luck!
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In the FoH AMA they mentioned an intention to merge some servers in the December-January time frame.

Yes they have to work out technical issues.

My prediction is they will be late. But they have stated they do intend to work on it.

**EDIT**
    I forgot I was in TLP. The merges mentioned were on Live servers. TLP merges may or may not be on the horizon.
  14. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah Selo isn't too bad and I do enjoy the accelerated XP. I think part of it is I feel that I am not going to be able to keep up with the pace over the long run as I am often traveling 2-3 days a week without access to a computer. Another part of me feels that a month per expansion is not enough for me to actually enjoy the expansion, especially since I have never played EQ past PoP. There is just so much to see and do right now that I haven't done before and already a huge expansion is about ready to drop. I mean I haven't even really started on the DON content and already it is almost old, obsolete content.