Please learn this ONE thing from WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Dabrixmgp Augur

Blizzard did not implement the sale of their WoW Tokens on the Classic Servers. Sure they probably could have made a lot of money by selling these things. Mounts and training are expensive, especially the level 60 ones. Im sure LOTs of people would are willing to fork over $20, or more, just to be able to sell a WoW token and buy their mount. Im sure lots of people would buy them to fund their crafting professions. Im sure lots of people would have been willing to buy them in order to fund Twinks once BGs come out. However, they realized that this would detract from the "classic experience" and thus they arent in game.

So DBG how bout you follow suit and not allow the use of Kronos on further TLP servers? If people need to use Kronos in order to pay their monthly sub fees then they can log onto a Live Server, buy the Krono there, and then consume it.
  2. Renbas Journeyman

you know what I was reading this until I read the 2nd part lol
  3. Hateseeker Augur

I think it has to be noted that EQ had TLP servers come out long before krono existed. That does not mean there are no merits to the idea of no krono on TLP, I'm just saying, that WoW has had hindsight of EQ TLP.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. Daybreak has been slowly but steadily removing things that dont need to be removed from TLP, ostensibly in the name of removing or delaying things that weren't available at that era's release. Krono fit that bill too....

2. If Krono are suitable for TLPs then so is open trade loot (usually known as "FV rules" but I say open trade loot to dodge the mentions of the other rules FV had back in the day). Helps to have things to buy if you want currency to flow.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you have never noticed all the forum posts with TLP players whining about having to do just that - log into live to pay with their krono cause they are a day late on paying - then you would know this will never happen. :D (they cannot sign in on tlp if they are late in paying so have to go to live server)
  5. sumnayin Augur

I played WoW from literal day 1 until the middle of WotLK(Before Ulduar) and I can say I would have played WoW classic if it had tokens but I won't because of the absence of the tokens. I also know a few people that played WoW with me that would have as well. I also wouldn't play on TLP servers without Krono.

The only reason I play on TLP servers instead of P99 is Krono.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. sumnayin Augur

So is it whining if someone takes a 45 day break and comes back and has to create characters on live servers just to be able to log into preferred servers. It is 2019, not 1999. Also, your post makes no sense; you're saying they won't log into live servers to consume krono but you admit they already have to do this when they don't have their preferred access. Good job.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Oh the inconvenience.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Monkman Augur

I’d play on TLP if there wasn’t krono, and so would 20 of my friends. See what I did there?
  9. Febb Augur

Another person that wants to remove Krono and doesn't know that in doing so would cause plat to sold by 3rd parties instead, cutting Daybreak out of the RMT market. Aka a loss in profit.

Daybreak is not Blizzard. Blizzard is a huge company that can take a financial hit by not allowing their currency on their classic servers. Daybreak needs all the cash they can get.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  10. Monkman Augur

DBG has proven that if they want an influx of cash they can get it (last years lifetime memberships). It would be an interesting experiment to launch next years TLP without krono and see how it plays out without hitting their wallet that hard. Would people sell plat? For sure... but they were doing that 20 years ago on eBay.
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Dabrixmgp Augur

Except no one buys Krono from DBG so your point is kinda moot. What idiot would buy them for DBG's price of $17.99 when they can buy it from a 3rd party for $10. DBG isnt making any money off Kronos since no one buys them anymore. The Kronos in circulation were bought a long long time ago when they first started selling them.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I bought tons of krono on Agnarr/Phinigel/Ragefire from players for plat and the number of times I had to explain to people that they don't instantly appear when you buy them from Daybreak suggest otherwise.

I will agree that as you leave the "classic" tier of expansions most krono are "old krono". But when new servers launch in classic there are significant numbers of people that come back to the game that have zero krono in their wallet and get them from DB.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea, plenty of people still buy krono just look at all the people who buy backpacks and gambling crates.

I recall some story about Farmville where a lady didn't buy her babies diapers so she could buy in-game currency and it went viral. People like that play every game.
  14. code-zero Augur

Oh? Where do the 3rd party sites get them? Do they have a Krono unicorn that barfs Krono rainbows? Every Krono sold on a 3rd party site was bought from DBG by a real live player who then liquidated it in game to get plat, GEB, BAM or whatever BIS slot gear that they wanted. It may have been passed along a few more times before finally landing in the hands of RMT sites who may have bought them from the final player owner for considerably less than the $10 ~+ that they resell it for.
  15. xxar Augur

You do realize that Krono are cross game ? I earn more krono on eq2 then eq1 and farm there for them to use on eq1.
  16. Nolrog Augur

100% of the Krono that are in circulation originated from DayBreak. Every single one of them.

The argument that every Krono in circulation was bought ages ago and DBG sells zero now is beyond ludicrous not to mention that not everyone will trust a 3rd party site.
    Dythan and code-zero like this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Only thing i learned is you don't what a search engine is.

Nothing to see here

You can also trade IGG for a WoW Token on retail. Literally the only thing that's changed is the security of the person buying.

Not to mention DBG has rules against Botting Training ect we see how well those rules are enforced
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Strawberry Augur

WoW Classic population is dropping just as fast as TLP do.

There are inherent problems with classic servers in EQ and WoW I think.

A big problem is the time needed to dedicate to the game. Most people simply don't like to grind in 2019, people accepted it back then because MMO were online, it was new and exciting to be online with others. But now you can just be online with others in games....without the grind.

The second big problem is that people exploit, cheat, get ahead, and this leaves a sour taste in the mouths of honest players who simply leave. Layering exploiting upset many people, just like krono zone pick farmers in EQ taking all the spawns do.
  19. Strawberry Augur

oh and before you ask....pantheon is not going to do well I think lol...grinding in MMO is simply...over for most people...it is simply no longer accepted

the more accessible other forms of entertainment have become online (games, netflix, etc), the less people accept grinding as a form of entertainment
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. You get that all krono in circulation were purchased from DBG, right? And people that don't want to be associated with the hack sites are people who buy krono from DBG directly... aka most people.
    Nolrog and code-zero like this.