Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Lol. If you’re referring to riposte changes, that affected all tanks.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Just to make you feel better, they once nerfed the Paladin splash heal. There's other examples too but I don't want to make you too giddy.
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I was talking about a nerf several years ago - I was being snarky about the "just one time I wish they'd nerf Paladins or Warriors" line you threw out there. Nothing happened to Paladin healing this patch - you're probably disappointed about that now though. :p

End game, raid geared knights, both SK and Paladin, were soloing the mission. Maybe they still are since the changes weren't all that drastic. In this particular case, SKs are probably doing it easier than Paladins anyways - FD Splitting of mobs, more DPS, etc... the main difference is the self-healing is coming from lifetaps instead of heal-target's-target spells.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Sithsonn Elder

Dude is veritas you? xD
  5. Sithsonn Elder

Glad this is still going on about nonsense
  6. Allayna Augur

Nope. Screw that guy.
  7. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Anyway to get this thread cleaned up so if a dev wants to check it out it’s not 300 posts from two questionable posters? Shocked that the two posters who derailed it with nerf calls endlessly haven’t been scrubbed out and warned or sent on vacation yet.
    Sithsonn likes this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Oooh oooh with new light of next xpac, ideas........ make SK lifetaps HoTT too! didn't we have one of those as the first dire (during UF beta)?......
  9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

What about that whole "selfish class" angle they've promoted as the SK design? I would worry that they might scale back the healing values for those lifetaps if they could land on someone other than the SK.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

but isn't the plan to dumb the game down? I mean there are so many bad sk, we need to make this happen to make them better!
  11. sojero One hit wonder

Since the devs are starting to do questionable changes and "enhancements" I just wanted to state for my own safety that this was a joke and would be a terrible change to the class!!!!!!!
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  12. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Lies, lies, all lies. You're just scared they're going to wake up and turn Harm Touch into Harm Tickle.

Actually though, I thought it was obvious that it was a joke. My apologies for playing along with it. Just an FYI, sometimes, I get a kick out of your passive-agressive trolling of Paladins.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

Gotta have fun somewhere, but I don't want fun to bite SK in the @$$, we've already taken it up there recently enough.
  14. Allayna Augur

I needed a good laugh, ty.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

I am glad I can help :) i get a good laugh out of 99% of your posts too :p
  16. sojero One hit wonder

Since the recent nerfs (and yeah I know its to late to add stuff) but maybe for the year after.

AA:
    AA to reduce recast of Spear line of spells (4 ranks to bring it to 20 sec)
    More Stoicism (same for pally)
    AA to reduce lifetap recast by 1 more second
    new rank of bite AA to increase dmg and reduce recast time
    AA to reduce recast of AE agro(both explosions and stream) AA by 1 second each, 5 ranks to bring it to 40 sec recast.
    AA to reduce recast of hates attraction by 5 seconds, 1 second each
    AA to reduce recast of Veil of Darkness by another minute
    AA to increase Dark Absorption to 2%
    AA to increase damage of Scourge Skin, 5 ranks 500 dmg per, bring it up to 5k DS
    AA to reduce wounding blade disc line recast by a couple more seconds
    AA to increase damage from spite of kra'du more

spells:

Improve spear damage, with its long recast its damage is lagging behind.

dot revamp (i know i had to include my jokes!)

improve disc damage limit even more, they ware off on raids faster than their duration many times. (same would go for pally)

reduce Xalgoz's Bite line recast time to 30 seconds, at current its not really usable

increase pet damage, he feels like he has stagnated pretty hard in damage

Move our Torrent AC line to a new slot so that it stacks with warrior field line.

Give us a new atk tap
  17. Allayna Augur

I could agree with 90% of that post (shocking, I know).

My only concerns are with doubling your Dark Absorption value, hastening your AE aggro line by 11% and improvements to your already yellow con pet.

During the course of a slow pace, sword and board GMM mission - Dark Absorption healed my SK for 58 million. 42.9 million was over healing with 15.5 million actual healing from swinging a wep, and in this case, the phlogiston 1H knight wep. You are asking to double that.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

con of pet doesn't mean value of pet, go parse it, I have, its not that good, its low end even for a dot. Go parse it without mage stuff and then with, you will laugh at the less than 1k dps difference it gets.

Yes bringing the ae agro down to 40 sec would be nice, doubt we will get it, not game breaking, but useful.

about dark absorbtion:
    your #'s are meaningless without a lot more data, such as casts total damage done, heals by other means, etc. Also are you taking out epic, mc, anguish bp, leechcurse, horror recourse and out of the swing heal somehow? If you don't use them than that would mean you are leaving even more potential on the table and would make darb absorbtion even weaker.
  19. Allayna Augur

The current gamparse version lumps MC, Epic and Dark Absorption into one pool it would seem - melee tap. Doesn't discredit the assertion that doubling DA would be OP since you are already doing massive passive self healing.

Horror recourse I'm assuming show's as Tylix's Lifedraw II on my parser - only healed for 87K for the duration of the mission. I didn't use Leechcurse Disc or Anguish BP, only epic and MC would have been lumped in there.

So by your logic, since I'm leaving so much on the table and still doing fine, MC is too powerful. It did do almost 4x the actual healing of a heal procing disc.

[IMG]

There are only 3 scenarios I see damage spike on an SK.

Attack is off
    SK is slowed
    SK is stunned

I wish I could stop responding to these posts. The problem is that posts like this if un-challenged with data, will be read by Devs and then possibly implemented. I'm not sure whether Sojero secretly wants the SKs nerfed, doesn't fully understand exactly how powerful they are, or is just downplaying that power.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

I'm sorry.