Bard stuff ideas for next expansion ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by flash000, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Treybill New Member

I can get behind the casting time issue with interrupting our Melody. I am also behind Selo's boost AA to be at least 5 velocity faster than the mount. Something I haven't seen mentioned is the snare/stun Innate AA line needs a boost. For endurance issues give us Breather line. And how about a boost to 100 for meditate. Another thing is recast timer on 107 insult which is has a PB on it and 110 insult which has no PB historically the PB songs had the same recast and the no PB songs are all in the same timer can we get that corrected please.
    Funky and Elyssanda like this.
  2. flash000 Augur

hey i has a idea i wanted to run past other bards and see what opinion was on it and even if its doable.
    What if our Regen Aura or song worked to slowly reset combat aa abilities during down time when in regen mode?

This wouldnt really break anything that i can see? Raids have long debuff timers so it wouldnt be that significant in raids?

Would this be something you would like a song that every pulse takes off a 5 to 10 seconds from AA or Disp refresh timers?
  3. Funky Augur

the only way i see a song like this working, is if they made a specific song for it that is only usable when out of combat or in a resting state..... but then again, how many raids do you have issues with your combat abilities not being back up before next event/attempt?
  4. Tucoh Augur

This isn't what you're asking for but I'd love a new song like this that:
    Reduced offensive skills CD
    Reduced AA CD
    Reduced the Global Cooldown

It'd also be cool if it increased player field of view (magnification).

As for cooldowns between raids/attempts, i think DBG should just reduce all cooldowns to ten minutes or less.
  5. Babien New Member

I'll give it a shot and see if daybreak listens.

First, I'd like to reveal a little background of myself and views on the class. I've main'd a bard since I started playing this game in 2000. I've seen a lot of improvements and a lot of nerfs over the life of this game. Besides my bard, I have played a shaman, mage, necro and beastlord effectively and understand each class has their advantages and disadvantages. I am a logical person and understand the balance issue and workforce needed in order to effectively balance classes. I don't believe daybreak has the manpower to effectively perform this task and may be a reason why some of our skills/abilities/songs are just rinse and repeat or adding an extra few ranks (AA's) to give us the impression they have taken our concerns into consideration. I also believe its hard to give bards some of the things we are asking for specifically due to our ability to sit in box group and /melody songs. I understand the reasoning behind adding melody but once this was added, it was only a matter of time before the afk boxing would start to occur. I'm a logical player and seek only to improve my class for people who actually play the class, not people who make a box to increase their boxing power. That being stated, below are some areas I can see benefiting bards who actually main as a bard.

I've reviewed all 31 pages under the Hybrid section from 2012 until this recent post and reviewed all the ideas and suggestions from other bards from their posts. Some of their suggestions were answered and implemented into the game and we are currently benefiting from them. My hope in taking the time to write this post is that some of my suggestions would also be implemented in the near future. I'll started this post with the idea of including everything that can be improved but found myself appearing a little bias once I proof read it. Below I will just go into some general issues and improvements that can benefit us and go into some AA's. Obviously some AA's are or should already be scheduled to have changes to benefit us in this upcoming expansion to at least keep current with the upcoming expansion. I will mention the AA's that definitely need a boost and may not be on the developers mindset for improvements.

SKILLS

2HB/2HS/2HP - After 20 years of being the jack of all trades you would think we would have learned how to wield 2 handed weapons by now. Every class with the exception of rogues and bards have the skill required to wield some form of two handed weapon. I understand there may be an argument for not giving bards the skill to back stab but cannot find one for not being able to wield 2 handed weapons. Rangers can wield knight weapons and they are not knights, monks and beastlords have their own line of 2HB and 1HB weapons. . .

Since we are referencing weapons - Class Weapons - It has not gone unnoticed we have not been getting class specific weapons for the last several expansions. Rogues continue to get their daggers, rangers; their bows, knights; their 2HS, warriors; their 1HS aggro weapons, monks/bst; their 2HB or 1HB and sometimes they even get get two per expansion release. One at early game raiding release and end game raiding release. Show us some love as well.

Block - We get an AA which I will go into below that gives us the ability to block with a shield but we don't have the skill for it to actually work.

I really don't see any other skills that I would say we need at this time. Sure we could ask for some skills that other melee classes have but that's a copy and paste and wouldn't be genuine. In a few posts I saw the argument for 1 point in back stab. On paper that would be nice but it would be taking away from rogues as we wouldn't be satisfied with just 1 point! The same argument for us not being able to use bows could be made.

SURVIVABILITY
    This may be something that needs to be bugged, but I haven't seen anything that would have created this change to our class - I don't know what changed in the past 2 expansions but now more than ever I've noticed we are getting hit with snares and other spells that didn't land on us previously. This appears to be due to something changed with coding or removal of an AA that protected us in the past. Based on my experience since noticing this, we don't even get a chance to resist it. It appears that once its cast, it auto lands every time. This greatly increases the chances we will get caught up while pulling in dungeons and groups and either force the healer to heal us right away causing the mob/s we pulled to go straight for the healer or forcing us to fade and attempt to drop aggro. With the nerf to fading memories, we no longer instant invisible unless we are more than 30 feet away from the mob. The thing is if we get snared that mob is already on top of us most of the time. I'll advise a quick fix to the fading memories which should be obvious under the AA section but whatever it was that protected us from the snare and other similar types of movement restriction before should come back.

Plate Class
    This has been on my mind from sometime. We are able to wear plate armor but get limited defensive abilities. We get a few AA's to help fill the fluff which I will go into in the AA section but I believe we have some room to grow here. On a side note; I don't know if it will be brought back in future expansions but if War/Pal/SK BP's are brought back,(not referring to the class specifics from group quests drops, trade skills or raids) I believe bards should be included on them as well. I don't see a reason why we are excluded when we wear plate just the same. I'm not going to make an argument for clerics as this is a bard post.

AA's

There are numerous post for suggestions for new AA's but I want to focus on the current ones we have and revive a suggestion that was made in 2014. For our current AA's, I'll mention what I believe should be removed/changed/increased for the upcoming expansion to help balance our class as well as keep it fun to play.

Post from 2014 by Zaknaffein

"The Following would share the same timer, Self Illusions that Increase the following for the Bard only:
    Rock Golem Illusion: Increase AC, HP and Increase chance to Parry and riposte.
    Panther Illusion: Increase chance to crit, Increase Crit dmg, Increase chance to Flurry, Increase Accuracy and tripple attack, increase proc rate mod.
    Griffon Illusion: Increase DD and DoT base damage, Increase chance to crit DD and DoTs."

This suggestion was golden back in 2014 and would have been great to have implemented as is at that time. It appears it could be applied now the same way how we have the spire timers setup where only one can be used at a time. Of course, for balancing purposes this would need to be changed in order to fit into today's game play.

The first three AA's are all related to our mitigation and survival with the expectation we are able to maintain aggro long enough.

Shield Block - Current Rank 13/13 - last updated in EoK - 15% chance to block with your shield.
    Looked up skills - Block is not listed as one of our skills and funny enough when using a shield and reviewing the type of mitigation the only benefit I see is slight increase in AC stat. I still get hit for the max the mob hits for and the frequency appears to remain the same over my parse. I NEVER block. I either parry, dodge or the mob misses. The solution hear appears to code the skill block for bards. We can't begin to review if the 15% is too low or just right as it doesn't appear to benefit us at all currently.

Hymn of The Last Stand - 24/24 - Increase current hps by 50k.

Mobs do 50k damage in 1 round now. An increase for this AA was warranted back in EoK to keep up with current damage from mobs. Also adding another rank or two to reducer the timer on it should be considered.

Shield of Notes - 37/37 - Barrier of musical notes reducing damage from spells and melee by 60% for 1 minute up to 200k.

Timer on this ability is the main issue here in my opinion. This is definitely a great ability to help in a pinch on named and pulls but 20 minutes to reuse it is way to long. A few ranks to reduce the timer on this is warranted and has been for a while.

Mystical Shield - 1/1 - Passive 5% chance to completely resist incoming detrimental spells - last updated in Underfoot - Giving us more ranks in this ability may be a work around to the survive-ability argument I posted above; however, I wouldn't know what would be a fair amount to boost it to as the wording would imply this would even allow us to resist raid detrimental spells. As I stated from the beginning, I am looking for improvements for balance. Anyone else can chime in on this as well.

Innate Run Speed -10/10 - Passive ability increases your base run speed by 60%. I tested myself with no buffs and was running at 55 velocity.

Either velocity means something different than run speed or this is bugged. Increasing this percentage to a higher number should also solve our disapproval with other classes being able to move as fast as we do. Either this ability or Fleet of Foot which if I understand the context increases our own speed by 10% at rank 2/2.

Fading Memories - 40/40 - Consumes 4k mana to cause level 115 mobs or below to lose aggro and become the last possible target for rampaging attacks. If more than 30 feet away, also grants standard permanent invisibility.

I assume this will be updated to level 120 with the new expansion but there is no need to have the 30 feet restriction on the next upgrade. The way it currently works is you hit fading memories with the mob on you and you have about 1 second or less depending on server tick to get out of the mob's aggro range or it will re-aggro you again. Fading memories itself is instant but there is about a .5 sec timer to use the ability again once its used which prevents us from spamming right away if we don't go invisible after the first attempt. Since the EoK expansion I have noticed I am more likely than not to be stunned when running back to camp in a dungeon even with Maestro's Concentration at 10/10 and that .5 second means life and death when more than one mob has aggro on you.

Focus: Brusco's Burning Call - 4/6 - Increases damage of Brusco's Burning Call by 35%

There is no need for this AA. This is a pulling tool to use when pulling around corners after obtaining line of sight. The damage increase on this song will never be great. This appears to be one of those filler AA's but offer no actual benefit.

Focus: Denon's Dirge of Disruption - 3/5 - Increases damage from DDD by 30%.

There is no need for this AA as above. The AE damage it does is not worth the spell slot. Either refund or add some additional benefit to using this song.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Shield Block and Block skill are distinctly separate. Shield Block only works from the frontal arc. It works fine on bards wielding a shield. The message looks like this:

[Sun Sep 08 19:01:53 2019] A venomshell pest tries to bite YOU, but YOU block!

Mystical Shield uses SPA 180 which only works against resistible spells. Many modern NPC spells, especially raid NPC spells, are irresistible. They cannot be resisted. The snare spells you are referencing are probably in this category because Fluid March AA (SPA 378) also requires a spell to be resistible in order to work. The Song of Recalcitrance and Spry Sonata songs also have stacking SPA 378 or SPA 180 effects that don't help against irresistible spells. Neither do the other resist AAs that bards get (Belltone Mind, Mental Fortitude, The Show Must Go On) in such cases.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

You know what i could really use as a bard:

- Bard - Capped the maximum number of opponents that can be hit by Vainglorious Shout to 6 and increased the endurance cost for all ranks of this ability by 50%.

I just think my ability to hang onto and regenerate endurance is just way too high.
  8. Allayna Augur

Don’t worry....you’ll buy back 50% of that power in some new focus line of AA in the new expansion... o_O
  9. Funky Augur

maybe they plan to boost bard dicho.... one can dream..
  10. Tucoh Augur

Or give us hiatus like literally every other endurance using class...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Funky Augur

personally i would rather use breather. hiatus is awesome but the reuse time is a bit long
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Babien New Member

I tested the shield block in DSH and confirmed it is working as you stated. It appears that was an oversight on my end. Thanks.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

definitely gonna need a huge update to bard endurance regen. we used to complain about bard mana regen, but lord I chew through endurance faster than mana already, and Modrods fix the mana..
    Funky likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Don't tell them that, probably get nerfed next month :(
  15. Funky Augur

lol truth. bards can't have nice things..
  16. Qulo New Member

AA that can only be used out of combat and turned on / off that lowers our dps by 50% but makes use able to take more damage like an sk / pal. We have lost so much crap lately give us the ability to tank. I mean we have plate gear but take more damage than monks or rangers while tanking.
  17. Brohg Augur

I got one. I'd like Selo's Sonata AA to gain the utility of DISPELLING SNARES
    Axel, flash000 and Funky like this.
  18. flash000 Augur

i was going to mention the same thing this is the best solution to the issue for bards makes 100% sense

Some additional ideas for bards.

While bards are looking for ways to increase our damage and utility to a group i had a idea that might be viable.

What if bards had a AA that instead of summoning a self doppelganger it instead summoned a group members.

This could be used for 4 ways
    Echoing Warrior
    Echoing Healer
    Echoing Caster
    Echoing Damage

This Creates a copy of a group member that can be used as A dps burn aheal support or a tank if warriors going to die (must be cast before they die) member has to be alive to create the echo. Timing is important.

This could be a limited time spawn mob making timing use important.

The idea is that this aa would not overly boost the bards power alone but be very useful in a group and help trigger alliance AA for DPS heal if you loose a healer ect ect?

The timer could be shared for each AA

This will not work out of group.

We will probably get a new rebuy on dissident Chords in the annual nerf and rebuy in new expansion system thats been the pattern lately when the new expansions come out.

They dont seem to want to ever give us back mana and End regen again unless that has changed id love a aa that does a song effect that gives back mana end based on damage output. Yes this would be very low but usable in combat

it could use a 5% of 5% rule

200,000K hit 5% =10,000

10,000 then gets 5% again 500

this could apply to spells to

using a similar formula the duration and reuse could be easily balanced.

Something like this could give a lower form of Dicho back that would be usefull but not abusive.
  19. svann Augur

???
    Modrods are such a tiny bit of mana I almost dont bother. Id feel guilty not using every ounce of mana regen available but it is hardly a fix.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

its better than the NOTHING we had before.
    Zunnoab likes this.