GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braveheart Augur

I notice when pets have been renamed, they cannot be linked to their owner. Is there a way to have everyone's name to select from when linking owners?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing that is based on the name you chose when renaming as I know if a pet has the same name as a player (and maybe an npc) that it can no longer be linked as a pet which was done because there is no way to differentiate between player, pet, merc and other npc damage when looking at the logs.
  3. Briano Journeyman

I've been having the same issue. I have temporarily fixed it by going in and manually editing the gamparse-2.0.ini file in C:\Users\soandso\AppData\Local\GamParse

For some reason my custom named pet is showing up as:

TrackedPlayer=CustomPetName,WaterPet

Instead of:

TrackedPet=CustomPetName
    LinkedPets=Soandso,CustomPetName

My assumption is that something in the most recent patch changed the way EQ logs your personal pet. I have not had this issue with other players pets, just my own personal one.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

Pets won't link since the patch, they're being misidentified as players.
  5. Raccoo Augur

Could it be the taunt messages?
  6. Briano Journeyman

That makes sense to me. It probably is.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Either taunt or the change to tells. I'll look into it.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Betamax New Member

can we get taunt and other warrior discs added to GP for the spells and disc reporting? i noticed it does not pick up the newest last stand
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've added taunt and AE taunt for the next update. If there are specific discs that are missing, give me the name please and I'll look into it
  10. Betamax New Member

Dissident Shielding-
    Land on you:A shield shimmers in your vision.
    Land on other:{s} shimmers under a protective shield.

Last stand line is "You steel yourself for a last stand."
    Other Warrior's Last Stand line - {s} steels themselves for a last stand.

Fortitude - "instincts take over as you avoid every attack."
    Other Warrior's Fortitude Timer - {s} body begins to move with instinctual grace.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I added dichotomic/dissident shielding and Last/Culminating Stand.

Fortitude is already tracked.
  12. Siraj Lorekeeper

@Beimeth I noticed on my Beastlord, that the pet kept getting added as a player. Now I deleted TrackedPlayer=Stumpy,Beastlord and then added TrackedPet=Stumpy, and LinkedPet=Jameses,Stumpy. After doing some searching and figuring out what is doing it, it looks like there is a spell that I am casting (Bestial Savagery Rk. III) that is sending to the pet, and rather than "receiving" this spell, it is counting the pet as casting it (because both the cast and receive are the same emote). Stumpy growls with emnity. Jameses growls with emnity. It's showing both as casting it, but only Jameses is. So, I think removing this as an identifier for classes will really help out a lot with beastlords that change their pet names. I am a big fan of gamparse, but this has been a frustration of mine for a while now. :)
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The issue with pets being counted as players is due to the change in formatting for tells, and has already been fixed. It will be updated Soon(TM).

As far as the Beastlord Discs, a large number of them land on the warder and thus count as spell casts for both player and warder. There isn't an easy solution to this, (though as I type this I think of a way it might be made better), but I feel it's better to have both show than neither.
    Roxas MM, Duder and Brohg like this.
  14. Duder Augur

Allow linking of players?
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No?
    Scornfire likes this.
  16. Duder Augur

It was a question to if that might help the beastlord situation, you know, me being a beastlord ;)
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

And coming in first on the Parse is Scornlife with 2.5m DPS, wait, where's Rorce?
  18. Siraj Lorekeeper

19. Siraj Lorekeeper

The above link will have a screenshot of Gamparse with the Beastlord pet. It is only showing that it casting -this- spell. So that, I think, is why it keeps getting classified as a player.
  20. Brohg Augur

It's not. It's the formatting of tells.
    Beimeith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.