Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

And fix the hotbutton sizes when you copy a layout! It's been broken for how many years ?!?!
    Xanathol and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Zunnoab Augur

The problem is that it's rarely actually five minutes. If enough people go ld/need to zone/whatever it effectively can be more like 8+ at times.

Wasn't it originally three, but people massively complained about dumbing things down so they increased it to 5? I don't know how realistic checking vs. the server's time would be, to at least fix the "timer can be much longer than five minutes" issue. I remember there was talk years ago of having events reset ability timers on reset too. I'm not pushing for that though. I can already see people massively abusing that and keeping raids up to "recharge" longer refresh abilities.
  3. Raytan Augur

I know it is probably bad form to bring up a wish I mentioned over a year ago, but it came up again. I HATE unintentionally closing a "locked" chat window, then having to reset the filters going to it. Getting the chat window in the same place isn't bad, you can just add a new chat window and it will go to the place your old chat window was just at. Same spot, same size. Not bad if only a few filters going to it. More of a pain if numerous filters go to it. Maybe if the window is locked a pop up asking "are you sure you want to close this window?". Sorry for the posting on this again :)
    Greymantle and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Karve_AB Journeyman

Collections being searchable in baz for only what you don't have plus other things (another post search [QOL])

Pet earring focus. Please. like mounts, use the top available one to the player .. if I have an old raid XXIII, I want to use that rather than my 6khp GMM XXI focus without having to switch them in and out.

Ta muchly.
    Angahran likes this.
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Please fix the Quest UI to remember the last position the spacer bars are set to on logout. Nothing is more annoying to have to slide the top bar and the next bar down to see the quests and the quest text body every time you log in..
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I might have already posted this but a /blockedpetbuff would be great. Cures remove tash and merc completely go insane with charmed pets. I would love if I could hotkey blocked buffs, or, even more simply just have a toggle on/off on the blocked pet buff window.

As for chat windows, when I copy a UI layout from another character I still have to open and move all of my windows and assign the filters.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

/blocks add pet 55277 (Furial Renewal)
    /blocks add pet 55301 (Word of Greater Restoration)
    /blocks add pet 55083 (Expurgated Blood)

also for when grouping with players:
    /blocks add pet 49683 (Radiant Cure)
    /blocks add pet 48573 (Group Purify Soul)
    Elyssanda, Vumad and Raccoo like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

TYVM I didn't know there was a command. I've mentioned it a lot and no one has given me that answer before. I appreciate it very much.

Do I just look up the spell numbers on Zam or what?
  9. Raccoo Augur

You can use Zam or eqresource.
    Usually the page it is on will have the number in the url iirc.
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Vumad likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

The ability to kick mercs from group after they die w/o waiting 5 minutes. That would be nice.

All set up. You're the best.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

we have a button to put items in the bank, would love a button for the Shared Bank.
    Greymantle likes this.
  13. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

I would want a
    1. Reworked Modern UI
    2. Reworked Modern Bazaar
    3. Account to Account Transfers Back.
    4. Lifetime Memberships Available again.
    5. Multi Subscription Account Discounts IE if i have 3 accounts, and i pay for all 3 i get a discount on them.
  14. Angahran Augur

Some way to block or at least get a confirmation for the "Mail item back to owner" on housing plots.

I don't know how many times I've been going through a house full of collections, having to inspect every one to see if it's one I need and accidentally hit the 'mail to owner' option.

How about being able to right click to inspect ?

And how about a /outputfile for 'needed collection items' ?
    And a filter for the bazaar for 'collection items I need' ?
  15. drizerker Lorekeeper

With an expansion coming, can the new line of berserker tomes and discs please not use regents anymore? Or can the axe we summon and need summon a stack of 1000 at a time please instead of 100? sounds dumb but annoying and its a small little quality of life move. Thanks Devs for listening
  16. Funnonry Lorekeeper

stop using legacy software?
  17. RainbowCane Elder

Keyring for Nimbuses
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Find path

When I somewhere to travel using the find function, DON'T turn me round so I'm running in the wrong direction.

Please always face me in the direction I need to travel if you need to change my direction at all!
  19. Angahran Augur

#1 - Don't implement this ridiculous fade nerf!
  20. Zunnoab Augur

Even better than that:
    Stop tearing down all the progress the game made around House of Thule to Call of the Forsaken.

Those expansions are not hard examples, but just a general timeline from when I feel many fun and useful abilities and changes were made. Reuse timers were rolled back. Many new utility abilities were added. The regressive trend I speak of is the rolling back in the power/usability/reuse of those FUN abilities.

This trend is the removal of fun, and the addition of tedium, with no beneficial addition to player perception of the game or enjoyability.
    Elyssanda, Raccoo and Ferriciean like this.