GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Bamboompow Augur

TLP. Or server transfer to another Live server. Somewhere that has a better population. Start over, or spend money.

Many of the same knuckleheads here who say "make friends" ...yah fat chance they are gonna help you in game. Many but not all. If the best answer people can come up with is try to latch on to someone PLing an alt in FM, then yah.....its not anything anyone really cares about. Not the devs and certainly not other players. This thread really has shown the true colors...:rolleyes:. You sir, are on your own unless you can find a healthy server and some guilds that like to help people catch up. They are out there.

Seriously though, at this point TLP is where you might find people to actually hang with at lower levels. Seems to be kinda where "The Vision" is heading.
  2. Cannikin Elder

You are not comparing apples to apples. For every tier, there are 3 items for each non-vis slot. One of these items is a "high AC item" (except belts which are all the same). The high AC item for that slot in GMM has higher AC than the corresponding Secret Dawn item with two exceptions.

Micro Cog Chain Cloak (406) > Secret Dawn Cloak of Security (403)
    Howling Mask (433) > Guardian's Secret Dawn Mask (429)
    Bloodmoon Protection Fetish (369) > Secret Dawn Necklace of Security (366)
    Hardened Steel Balance Gear (336) > Secret Dawn Charm of Security (333)
    All GMM rings (333) > Secure Secret Dawn Ring (330)

The only exceptions to this are earrings and shoulders, in that for whatever reason the devs never put the "high AC" GMM item in game (they existed in beta), all 3 of them have the same (low) AC, unlike Secret Dawn that does have a high AC option.

All GMM weapons are straight up better in every single way to their corresponding Secret Dawn. Period.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

Good thing a new expac pops in a few months or people would be beating the nerf drums some more. Make GMM even harder. Make the gear worthless, etc etc. Might as well nuke it from orbit at that point.
    [IMG]
    Veritas likes this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

You should try not comparing SD highest AC to GMM lowest AC items. I will give you the should shoulder slot win though
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh Do NOT give the Dark Side ideas.
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

Someone said in a thread, not sure which thread, that everquest has always been about bringing people together. Honestly, I don't look at it that way. I started playing during kunark just a couple months before velious came out. The exp grind was brutal. Gearing up was brutal, and getting killed by the other players on zek was brutal. Everything I did with my friends took ages to accomplish. And now, I think everquest has pretty much stayed the same.

It's not about bringing people together, it's about excluding casual players. The game is about separating the chaff. It's a contest that I don't want to be a part of anymore. Congrats to whoever feels a sense of accomplishment when people give up on eq. I guess you win.
  7. Bottle Journeyman

XP went down around 65%-70% estimated with new L110, only rudementary AA. I leveled now completely from 106 to 110 in this mission - no 3 runs like some pretend - since the start of this thread, so I needed around 2 weeks. I dinged now 110 (never done the mission for xp only, it was the gear which dragged us in). Compared to normal TBL zones it was bad from the single mob xp but because the mobs are so squishy, killing more easily made the advantage. Now they are much harder, the same amount of HP according to gameparse than before but less xp gain per kill (estimated with the whole series). They give now around as little xp as other missions like Fight Fire. But a crew with L110 (freshly, partly equipped with TBL T2/GMM mix, minimum AA) can do fine as long as they don't get adds. While before it was possible (without killing all xp mobs in the zone) doing it in 30min estimated from the mob count (which we never did, we needed around 1h for all), now it is minimum over an hour only for the mission necessary mobcount (estimated, if lucky and no train/wipe/wrong pull happens which is highly doubtful). A pretty decent nerf at least for low AA/not fully equipped groups. Enough to stop doing this HA anymore for XP. But items still drop at the end. For a double rare event it is easier and much faster now to kill normal named in TBL and make muhbis (if tradeskill is present) or doing named in GMM.
  8. Solanli Journeyman

These items all have the same effect ... What class would reasonably not choose the Security items? I have yet to see a class who chooses something over the security items when they are given the chance to purchase the security items.
  9. Solanli Journeyman

These items all have the same effect ... What class would reasonably not choose the Security items? I have yet to see a class who chooses something over the security items when they are given the chance to purchase the security items.
  10. Laronk Augur

Cool, it should be a little bit easier in dead hills but it shouldn't be a ton, if there's a huge difference in swing damage in the level 100 version of the instance then we should post it on the issue tracker so they can get their scaling right.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Ngreth likes variety for varieties sake.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

GMM Back: Micro Cog Chain Cloak
    GMM Charm: Hardened Steel Balance Gear
    GMM Shoulders: forgot about that one, you are correct
    GMM Mask: Howling Mask
    GMM Ring/Belt: all of the choices are available, don't just limit yourself to the group task, it seems like that is what you are doing.
  13. Solanli Journeyman

This entire thread is about 1 specific task ... GMM: Darkness Howl's. Hence, I am comparing only to gear that drops within the GMM: Darkness Howl's task.

The non-instance version of GMM was not changed with the last patch ... the items you are linking are from the non-instance named. Which have always hit like mac trucks...
  14. Brohg Augur

they what?
  15. Tanise Elder

You're comparing to only the mission loot. The other missions, and the static zone has other loot which is either the same, or better than secret dawn.
  16. Yimin Augur

GMM was not that hard for me, but then I did have every raid item you could get , all AA, all task done. I mean it was easy to be honest , but it was not meant to be hard for me ! I was meant to gear new players and those that returned with good gear that was not to hard to get ......Also was making people with box armies happy .....

YiMin Retired soldier of the Gnome Defense Force and life long member member of the Army of Light :)
    NeverPayForLag and Veritas like this.
  17. Veritas New Member

True Ymin was an attempt to not cater to the 1% but to the casual player.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Fian Augur

A few thoughts reading this thread.

1. They made a serious mistake in the tuning. They made the mobs white/yellow con which means HA will still give good experience at 115. If they made the mob levels closer to 105, then people would stop running the mission as they leveled past 110. Tuning mob level downward would also have been a nerf to the exp gain as well.
    2. This HA served a useful niche. COTF DH HA were a good option for 75-100 players, and grouped those in that class together. GMM DH served that purpose for 101-110 players. Now with the difficulty/exp nerf it is not clear if people will continue to run it that much.
    3. For those moaning that they have nowhere to go, and no one will group with them at level 95. You do have options. You can always go to level appropriate zones like Argath, RoF, or COTF DH. I found that if I asked nicely, I can usually get a group with higher levels. Frontier Mtn would be a great place to try and get a group at 95.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

My memory may be wrong, but if I recall questing in HoT was actually pretty good experience, rather than a token tiny reward.

How about a one time only massive experience reward for new quests/missions, then a decent one after that?

I don't think they should nerf GMM into uselessness. That will just make people angry. If they need to limit it somehow, it's understandable though. Making the new content attractive would be ideal.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have done this twice since the patch w/ 110 ranger (Phlostigon Gear), EOK T1 vis/conflagration nonvis 110 Shaman, junk 110 SK (just dragging), and a tank/healer/caster merc. The first time took over two hours and the second time an hour and a half. I think I can probably get it closer to 1:15 if I can avoid a few self inflicted errors.

Random observations:
    1. I could not single the climbers, but doing two was doable.
    2. The pathing of the infiltrators in the tunnel makes it hard to pull singles or doubles. I wish they pathed further out into the open.
    3. The tank merc is good to tank two of the step mobs with only the occasional patch healing from the shaman with a healer merc. It can also tank Gnash without any problems.

It was not as bad as I expected it to be and will probably go quicker once I figure out how to dps with the shaman and get a decent way up the AA mountain with the SK.