Where's Launchpad.exe?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Huskarl, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Huskarl New Member

I am trying to login after the patch and it is saying that my shortcut doesn't work because launchpad.exe is gone. I tried to manually click on launchpad.exe and it is no longer there. I am trying to redownload Everquest but now, 4 hours after I started, it is still at 67%? What is going on?
  2. Rhodz Augur

We dont know and they aint saying a word unless you count the implied GFY derived from the silence.
    Beginning to miss the old shadowy overlords, at least they kept the game functional.
    Getting to the point of no return should this keep up.
  3. Samirah New Member

yesterday, I was getting this *the item launchpad.exe that is this shortcut has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work site:forums.daybreakgames.com*. I made a shortcut to by pass and logged in.

Today, I can get to the server screen. I click on CT and i get *Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server*

now I cant get in at all.
  4. Jeterian New Member

I am still getting this error on Friday 8/21..has anyone discovered the fix?
  5. Jeterian New Member

ok.. I found Launchpad.exe.bak file.. I deleted the "bak" on file name. and saved..it seems to be working
  6. Dourdenn New Member

Hello All.. hoping I can get some help on this forum at DB is taking a bit. I have been playing EQ for 15 plus years and for the first time, I accidently deleted my launchpad.exe. When i came back home yesterday, I tried to log on and was told to run the launcher so I can get the 9/18/19 patch update. After searching for hours I have come to the realization I have deleted it. I have been told to re-download everquest via the website. I have done that and it downloads to my desktop. After which I double click or and have tried running it as admin. Unfortunately, when I do that nothing happens so the launcher is not downloading. Any help with this would be very helpful. I am using steam to run the Everquest Free-to-Play, however I have 5 accounts. I am running windows 10 with Windows Defender only for security.

Thanks..
  7. Dourdenn New Member

I am having this problem as well.. any luck on a fix?
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm probably misunderstanding you somehow, but it seems like you successfully downloaded *something* from the Daybreak website. What is it called? It should be EQ_setup.exe . . . right (from https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_setup.exe )?

When you run that on Windows 10 you should get a pop-up of sorts asking if you want to allow the file to make changes to your device. Do you see that? Assuming you select yes on that you should get the patcher.

I don't know anything about Steam, but until you actually get the patcher working independently of that, I wouldn't attempt to run it through that system.
  9. Dourdenn New Member

Qbert, thanks for getting back to me. Everything you have said is correct.. I am downloading EQ_Setup.exe from the daybreak website. Then I click Yes to allow this app to make changes to my device. The next box that pops up is a security software warning me that some antivirus software can prohibit the download. (I only use windows defender and this does not prohibit the download). The next box allows me to install a new copy, reinstall/repair or uninstall. I clicked Install a new copy. The next box is what I suspect to be the issue. It is the box which chooses the location of the install. I've always let it download to my C drive under Users, Public, >>To the Everquest File<<. Once I do that I accept the DirectX download, uncheck the Bing install for my toolbar, and it begins to "Initialize". A second or two later, the box disappears and I am left with nothing. No install, no download, and I am unable to locate the Launchpad.exe file to run the EQ Patch.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not sure if this will help at all, but my EQ installation is at C:\Games\Everquest running under Win 10. I haven't had any significant issues with it and I had no issues during install. I hope you can find a resolution of your issues.
  11. Dourdenn New Member

Thanks for the reply Nennius.. my EQ folder is via C: Users > Public > Everquest
  12. Dourdenn New Member

hmmm, I've found a folder titled eqgame. When i attempt to run that as an administrator.. it says "please run launchpad.exe". So i'm pretty sure that is what i am missing.. any way to get that back?
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not very technically savvy so I don't think I can be of much more help. My next step after what you described would be to just search "launchpad" on my computer, assuming it saved somewhere unexpected.

Barring that, is there a chance you could get a copy of the file from someone else perhaps? It is only about a 1.5 mb file, so presumably someone could e-mail it to you?
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If its stuck in the steam folder then it should be in the c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps folder somewhere. It sounds like its just installing over steam stuff. You can uninstall it from steam to make this easier.

It would not hurt to turn off windows defender just for this test. It can block EQ launchpad and has in the past as it is from Microsoft and has its faults. Many av and firewalls think the EQ files are bad and block them.

If you have installed enough to have the icon you can right click the EQ shortcut icon. click properties. click compatibility tab. check the box for disable fullscreen optimizations. check run as administrator. the problem is with the fullscreen optimizations causing it to not launch. you are checking run as admin just to prevent other issue.

Some other suggestions if you can get to just the launcher:

adjust the resolution located in the launcher to 1280X768
    Set the comparability for the eqgame.exe file to windows 7 (when you find it if its there)

although this is about something else and older it has good pictures of where your file should be and the launcpad file would be further down in the "L" section. You can also right click the icon and select file location that will bring up the files for EQ.
    [IMG]
  15. Dourdenn New Member

Thanks for your response CatsPaws. I do have two folders where Everquest Files are located. One of them is under the C drive, Steam, Steamapps, Common, Everquest F2P, and in this folder there are 5600 or so files including maps. There is an eqgame folder which I changed the properties to like you mentioned above. When i run that application it tells me to run launchpad.exe. Further down there is a Launchpad application which I also changed to the compatibility settings to what you suggested. When I run these programs as admin, it still does not launch the launcher to run the patch update. The mouse wheel turns and then stops and nothing prompts to move forward with a patcher. Btw I disabled windows defender to try to run this and nothing so far.

The other location of my EQ folder is under Users, Public, Daybreak Game Company, Installed Games, Everquest. In this folder, there are 7 total applications, icons, NAME Files, Configuration Settings, etc. There is a launchpad Application here as well as a folder entitled LaunchPad.libs. Its the same story here as far as when I right click the Launchpad Application, and run it as administrator. Nothing happens and the launcher does not populate.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to go over this stuff with me as I am, obviously, not too technically savvy. This just seems to me a very simple fix as far as re-downloading a 1.5 mb patcher for EQ.. I have the rest of the game, files, etc all still saved.
  16. Dourdenn New Member

No worries at all.. I appreciate your effort and attempt to help out. I agree with you that if the launcher / patch is a simple 1.5 mb file, it would seem simpler just to get it sent. Would you be willing to email me a copy of the launcher?
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the forums. If you still need it sure, I can. I'll send you a pm for your e-mail address.