New November Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MarttinPH, Sep 19, 2019.

1. MarttinPH Augur

Any updates about the new server?
  2. Tierdal Augur

there isnt gonna be one

enjoy slow mangler or fun selo
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's probably going to be called Miragul.
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I would say please not a Truebox but I am sure it wont happen.
  5. Jontrann Augur

Very few people will be playing on that server as most of the community doesn't want to play past pop and the ones that do are already on phinny/selos. Not to mention that classic wow has taken quite a few people away from the game.

When the new server fails and it will we will see a new phinny/coirnav clone be announced shortly after as daybreak thrives on that new server cash infusion.
  6. nothingtoseehere New Member

Where is the news of a new November server?
    Edit: Nevermind. I didn't see it on their home page but Google was my friend : https://everquestshow.com/2019/08/21/new-progression-servers-are-coming/

Details:
    The new Time Locked Progression server for EverQuest will launch around November 9th.
    Characters will start as level 85 Heroic Characters. All expansions up to House of Thule will be available at the launch of the server. Experience gain will be “normal,” the same as Live servers.
    Expansions will unlock every 2 to 3 months. More details are expected as the November approaches.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  7. taliefer Augur

[quote="Jontrann, post: 3821005, member: 439371"Not to mention that classic wow has taken quite a few people away from the game.[/quote]

has it tho? the impact on mangler and coirnav at least has been pretty minimal, surprisingly so
    Tymeless likes this.
  8. uk6999 Augur

Well I don't see how it is a fail for DBG they are most likely opening this server to get a influx of people end game raiding so they can sell more expansions. Would not be surprised if they allow transfers off the server to live.
  9. Typucm Elder

If them want ppl stay long on this server it must be unique, i think, like FV-trade or something new.
    FV server with AoC is only reason for me to play there for long time, as im played on FV and like it, but almost any boss in any zones is always dead..
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

WoW players are dreading what this new level 85-start will do to their servers.
    Riggles likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was thinking Morell Thule.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

What about World of EverQuest?
  13. Midnitewolf Augur

I for one am looking forward to the new server. The fact that I can start out at 85 and avoid having to re-grind all those levels yet again is pretty sweet in and of itself. The fact I can do that and try out every class I haven't played to higher levels is also very appealing. Then there is the fact that unlike Selo, the expansion pace is 3 months per expansion, meaning I don't have to feel like it is a race to keep up is appealing as well.

I have to admit though, my perfect server would probably start at level 60, just as PoP opened, with a 2 month delay per expansion, have an accelerated XP rate and have the Fiona Vie loot rules.
  14. snailish Augur

The best hope the start at 85 concept has is that everyone starts at 85. A whole different slew of content will be busy with the initial rush of people (however many that is).

A decade plus of the game is completely obsolete, which isn't a problem for a single server.

If I was interested in finally making that push into the 90s and catching up to the live game this server is likely a great place to do that.

This concept also doesn't pinch much from any current server concept. (i.e., your reasons for going to this server wouldn't be in conflict with why you are on Agnarr or Selos presently).
    ntellect likes this.
  15. Rayvorn Elder

Hoping for a server without truebox or free loot. This server would keep me here till it catches live. Really want to see all the new expansions I never touched after underfoot.
    ntellect likes this.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I like the server idea, it's always great to see something different from classic and slow! Bravo, DBG!

I really hope it is not TrueBox. That would ruin it for me.

I'm not sure about the release timing though. Competing with a new expansion will likely force players to choose between Live and this new server, which will probably really hurt it's appeal. As opposed to the historical TLP release timing (halfway through the year), which gives us predominantly Live players something to do during the downtime after finishing the latest expac.
    snailish likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Having played well past the golden (early) era's of open world raid targets, and seeing the game slowly add numerous instances up through Omens of War and DoN now... it is very apparent that true box can just go away. So can MOTM off Luclin for that matter. Both are past their prime and serve no useful purpose IMO.
    Tymeless and snailish like this.
  18. snailish Augur

^I think there is wisdom in this.

As mid-era content has been made more instance raid functional, the appeal of the truebox/mitigation buff compromise does seem to be less.

I don't think too many servers pre OoW would work without it still (could do one every few years without truebox because full-box does appeal to some) but maybe this process eventually gets there... but that is a lot of drop and timer revising in original trilogy to not be a disaster.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Truebox is definitely good, I would say still essential, in early EQ. We've already seen the benefits of that.

Early eq is just so different than EQ 5 years later though. The amount of instancing, raids moving entirely to instances, people being spread out, it's just not the same world. So why have the same rules?

I would vote to just turn off truebox at DoN, and I dont think it would hurt much. But it would do a lot for people wanting to box group content. The raids here are still very much box unfriendly much unlike gearly eq. All signs point to "try it out".
  20. Crowley New Member

If its truebox, I for one will not come back to play on it. Truebox is a complete waste of time.
    Gherig likes this.