Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring - Safe to Sell?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Korzu111, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Korzu111 Elder

Good Evening All,

I am wondering if, now that I've used the earring on my Paladin, is it safe for me to sell it? If it gets dispelled, will I lose the +ATK AAs?

Thanks!
  2. Montag Augur

Its safe to sell bro
  3. neveroom Journeyman

well aslong as you dont choose the option to reset, as it will reset it :)
  4. Donroy Elder

Don’t get hung up on the shadow buff since it literally does nothing other than takes up a buff spot. It has nothing to do with the AA benefit.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

OTOH, the shadow buffs make great junk buffs for dispelling mobs.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  6. Meredyth Augur

You can pass it around your guild so everyone can click it and get the attack bonus, this will slightly increase your raid DPS
  7. Maclypse New Member

I personally keep mine, and other items like it, to use as Junk Buffs for fights where the mob dispells.
  8. Korzu111 Elder

This has made me think about junk buffs and dispels, and I have some questions about these too... let’s say that I’m fighting Vox, and I have 16 buffs on me. Which ones would Dragon Roar try to remove-the first buffs cast on me or the last ones?

Also, does anyone know how the dispel counters work? Doesn’t Dragon Roar have like a dispel roll of 9, and junk buffs are 1, so if I had JBoots, Bracer of the Hidden, all 3 of those would go, and then the remainder counter of 6 would go up against whatever was next (Protection of Glades has like an 8?).
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Ishbu likes this.
  10. Old Man Elder

You keep it because it is an insta click junk buff and you need two to four of those when facing enemies who debuff a lot, clicking it after every debuffing, else you lose many buffs
  11. Korzu111 Elder

It was off the P99 wiki, so it might not be accurate for here.

So all I need is to use this and Bracer of the Hidden in the first two slots, then buff up.. then during fighting I can just recast the 2 junk buffs and never lose my good buffs?
  12. MaxTheLion Augur

This used to be the case with older expansions where first buff slots were always targeted. I might be incorrect but later on it appears to be random which slot gets hit.
  13. Maclypse New Member

Not so much random as some buffs have a resistance to dispell I believe. That's why sometimes they get hit and sometimes they don't. If you're stacked in the first 4 slots with junk buffs, those will, at least 90% of the time, get dispelled before anything else.
  14. Spayce Augur

You'll want to keep it at least through NToV to combat the dragon in there that dispels your buffs. Having 2 insta clickies is enough if you're paying attention, so if you have a bracer and jboots you should be fine selling the ear while it still carries good value.
  15. Ishbu Augur

Not certain but I believe the 9 means it can hit any if the first 9 buff slots. My educated hypothesis is it starts on the first buff slot and has a saving roll. If it passes the roll it checks vs slot 2 and so on until the dispelled counter triggers.
  16. Gingyr Elder

This is what i figured out as well. It seems to explain the behavior we see in game.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

That earring is an amazing junk buff because it doesn't fade over time. Just set it and forget it.

Its also relatively cheap but if I was broke I'd sell it and just rebuy it. But then again I like to make alts and you can be damn sure they're hitting that ear at level 1. Every time.