Dirge is Dead, what now.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jarlaxyl, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Jarlaxyl New Member

Okay so now that Dirge is limited to 5 targets and we have to spend a half hour to regen our mana bar, whats next for bards? any ideas?
  2. Tucoh Augur

What are you talking about? I'm not home, did they nerf Dirge of the Sleepwalker in addition to vainglorious shout?
  3. Brohg Augur

he means Vainglorious Shout.

You see, Jarlaxyl's only occupations besides cribbing character names from popular fiction are chaining Shout on 20 mobs at a time and not-sitting for OOC regen.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Funky Augur

prolly not talking about dirge of the sleepwalker... probably denon's dirge or whatever the AE damage dirge song is called
  5. Tucoh Augur

Wait, are you telling me that Jarlaxyl got the name of the song, the number of targets AND the resource it uses wrong in one sentence? That has to be a misinformation record.
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Qulo New Member

Basically the only ae ability bards have left is ae slow still hits unlimited mobs... everything thing else seems to have been nerfed to 6 or less.
  7. Brohg Augur

maybe not, he could be chain-singing Denon's Dirge like Funky suggests, which would be pretty effing wild
    Funky and Tucoh like this.
  8. Jarlaxyl New Member

Actually I was Talking about Denon's Desperate Dirge, not Vainglorious shout I dont have access to that song yet. I was asking for honest feedback for soloing on a bard now that swarming is totally gone. Just wait next up they are going to make all PBAE's from all classes only hit 5 targets.
  9. Qulo New Member

I don't understand why did they get rid of our shout which does AE damage but they let SKs use their AE to tank like 50x the number we could tank without a healer and do massive damage.
  10. Qulo New Member

That and SK mounts run faster than selos too.
  11. Brohg Augur

no they don't
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Qulo New Member

Well maybe not their aa mount but i Know some SKs who have mounts that run faster than selos maybe it is the raid drop one.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

its the raid dropped one from trak.
  14. Funky Augur

the only mount that is faster than the selos AA is the raid drop one from RoS T3.3 (talendor event).. but it is not faster than the actual selos song tho
    Allayna and code-zero like this.
  15. NottaBard Journeyman

What's next? Three account subscriptions cancelled while I consider whether I have any interest in main changing to something else or just quitting altogether. It was a lot of fun and made it feel like there was a worthwhile reason to main a bard for the occasional time it had some use.

Was this even a problem that needed fixing?
  16. Qulo New Member

Yes it was a huge problem bards were clearly doing way to much DPS on that one raid where you had the 4 flame guys that spawned the spiders and the last GMM raid with the adds. Clearly bards were doing some much damage with their AE in those 2 events that it had to be fixed.
  17. Derd Augur

I think it was bards on tlp chain snaring and van shouting large groups of mobs that brought out the change. But for live i dont see a problem except having to slow use of boastful and vanglourious.
  18. Qulo New Member

They should change it so inf number of mobs under level 100 but only 6 level 101+ mobs would be better.
  19. Troutfest Augur

I hope this actually happens. Having power leveling groups take up whole zones on TLPs would appear to me to be as bad if not more so as bard dirging was. Plus this action is usually done for krono...which is probably why it wont ever get nerfed. All PBAoE should have gotten a target limit of 5, its as broken as dirge was if we are going to call dirge broken.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Funky Augur

lmfao bards do decent dps on the prince ralaifin event.. but not near as much as every other dps... so no, this would have nothing to do with the nerf...

its specifically the people on TLP that brought about this nerf.... it's no different than the mage/wiz beam nerf back during RoF...
    Brohg and Allayna like this.