Gloradin Coldheart for Coldain Ring 8 Respawn Way to Long

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seev, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Seev New Member

Why is Gloradin Coldhearts respawn so long everything else in the quest has a fast respawn makes no sense to have such a bottleneck that every melee on the server wants. Shouldn't take much to correct this it has been done with many spawns that should have been way shorter on progression servers that only have a quarter of the time.
    Xanathol and Aneuren like this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's just terrible design they didn't anticipate these changes, 99% of these spawn times don't make sense on a TLP with an accelerated time-table and player power.

Then again with a skeleton crew not expecting much.
  3. Moggman Elder

angry/shady goblin laugh at Gloradin. heck even some vp medallion are pretty bad as well. you just gotta suck it up, slam some caffiene, nicotine, w/e and power through to a spawn or hope you can grab a fresh pick. cuz "That's just everquest" would it be nice if they fixed alot of quests with really long repops? sure. will they ever do it? don't hold your breath
  4. Krezzy Augur

The 20 hour timer is pretty long, yes.

Gloradin is up any time a new pick spawns, however. Want to do the 8th ring? Coordinate with your guild when raiding Kael. Gathering at the AoC can easily pop an extra pick - possibly 2-3 picks depending on your raid size. The magic number for a new pick in Eastern Wastes seems to be 30. Good luck!
  5. Tierdal Augur

you wanted classic, otherwise...selos!
  6. Kodachi Augur

I don't understand, are you trying to say play on selos because theres no people to create bottlenecks?
    Meridian and Xanathol like this.
  7. Xanathol Augur

Pick threshold is at least over 40. Zone has sat @ 41 for a while and no picks opened.
  8. Ohfuggle Elder

Currently the single pick that does pop in EW stays open almost all night every night with a single person in it. GL getting a pick for Glora.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Every zone instance has to be at or above the population threshold to spawn a new pick. Just have guildmates on a raid /pick over until every instance hits the required population. If you have 2 picks open with population 15 and 1, a 45 player raid should be able to spawn a new one with some coordination.

Gloridain's 20 hour timer still sucks and should be changed so that this sort of cheese isn't needed.
  10. Rainsoda New Member

I don't see why they can't loot lock chief ry'gorr to the person who turns in the marching order
    like they do with tons of the quest NPC

ALSO
    the ring 7 should be returned when you turn it into garadain for marching orders and just be a part of the turn in along with the head for ring 8

we can only hope
  11. Clove New Member

They've made this quest easier and more outside of it's original scope due to people whining on TLPs. Just put in the effort and due diligence and you'll have your ring.

This game is supposed to be grindy; enjoy the ride.
  12. Krezzy Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-february-20-2019.254794/

The changes to all stages of the quest through the 8th ring are largely cosmetic. Multi-questing was something I did extensively on Agnarr, but the pieces you hand in are mostly tradable. The exception to this is the blanket required for the first ring, which has a very low trivial.

Note the 8th ring changes, in bold, above. These changes accomplish two things:

1) They prevent the poaching of Chief Ry`Gorr during this event, which was absolutely rampant on Agnarr.

2) They prevent the poaching of Garadain Glacierbane for the head turn-in on the 8th ring, also rampant on Agnarr.

Both of these changes were made to address player community toxicity. When Velious was original content, PNP was in full force. Players could not and did not mess with each other during this event without getting hit with consequences. The change to this quest did not make it easier. It removed the capability for the very small number of players inclined to do so to mess with others' fun and benefit from it.

Mangler should benefit from this greatly. Players should no longer be able to poach the 8th ring.
  13. Lemerian Elder

Except the chief apparently isn't loot locked: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/8th-ring-chief-ry-gorr-on-mangler.259488/
  14. Krezzy Augur

15. Spectral Shift New Member

I did ring 8 last week and Chief does NOT have the * before his name to indicate loot lock, nor any text indicating it as such. In addition, Garadain did not join in the war (he wasn't killed, he simply decided it was too much effort I suppose) and never left his hut. It took a further three days tracking everyone else's event status and finally finding one in a pick that Garadain actually joined his buddies and I was able to turn the head in.
  16. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

That post had nothing to do with Agnarr and Coirnav.

As Spectral Shift mentioned, the reality is that the Chief is not loot locked. It's a DPS race. I was there when someone turned it in and though they didn't have their kill stolen, there was nothing to indicate it was loot locked.

However, I was unaware of those patch notes, so it appears that may be a bug. If so, it really should be fixed by the devs.
  17. phaeril Augur

Definitely NOT loot locked. But you cannot loot it if you have not turned in your 7th ring. So it basically works like this. Get your 7th ring and turn it in for marching orders, now you can gank chief. If you haven't turned in 7th ring you can gank chief but it won't let you loot the head. It's how you can get this situation:
    [IMG]
    The thing is, that it's tied to turning in 7th ring, not tied to turning in the marching orders, which would make it un-gank-able. Well, kinda, but it would do closer to what it seems like they were intending with the last tweak to the ring quest.

Mostly it means no more starting the quest at 8th ring, all the d-baggery is still there.

EDIT: It's not clear by the picture, but I have the 8th ring, and the marching orders, because as long as you turned in the 7th ring, you are free to gank chief which is honestly soooo much easier than waiting out Goldarin. It's also pretty crappy that you can do that.
    Krezzy likes this.
  18. Meridian Augur

Then, don't do it.
  19. Lemerian Elder

Brilliant insight. I'm sure all crime could be prevented with just that phrase.

The point is this should be altered so no bad actors can take advantage of this loophole.
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

You're not a monster for ganking the chieftain...YOU'RE A MONSTER FOR USING COMIC SANS.