Lag Memorial Mountain - Let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

Be playing my tank and box crew. Go to pull a mob.

Press range attack. No shot

Press range attack again. No shot.

Press range attack a third time. No shot.

Then three shots are rapidly taken and a mob 100 feet away is suddenly warping on top of the tank. I have to hit Flash of Anger to save my because I'm OOR of the cleric. And that takes a few seconds to register.

This is ridiculous. Add to it that LMM seems to be exempt from the high rate of named spawning. In HS and Stratos the named spawn faster than my burns can recycle. In LMM they don't spawn at all.

Add to it no guilds are bothering with the LMM raids any more. My guild tried a month ago. We wiped, due to lag, and GINA triggers were going off 4-5 minutes after the wipe because emotes were coming in so late.

Fix this mess already.
  2. Sathayorn Augur

I'm pretty sure the lag is unintentional and you're talking to human beings, treat them like such.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tour, Eezey and 5 others like this.
  3. Sathayorn Augur

Objectively false, I am a member of two guilds who return to GMM weekly, only time emotes get missed is when people are yammering over GINA.
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

Maybe you should get better at the game. :confused:
  5. Maedhros High King

Yikes. If ever there was a post that exemplifies "individual experiences may vary", it's this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Is this just a certain server having lag in group GMM? I don't remember noticeably more lag in GMM group content.
  7. Laronk Augur

Well don't be OOR of the cleric, duh
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Odiiusx Elder

This statement cracked me up...your guild can't do it, so no guild can huh. Priceless.
  9. Cailen Augur

Can we stop with the "Lets get this over with" posts? LoL
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

FQ - where anything is complaint-worthy. Stay classy, folks!
  11. Traxen Lorekeeper

I have heard nothing but complaints about LMM and no one likes it, except for Darkness Howls because it's an instance. It has been a laggy nightmare for months.
  12. Maedhros High King

I can't stand the layout of the zone. There are too few mobs in any one place for a high end group to get any good pulls without having to navigate the awful hallways and scaffolding, too much z axis.
    The names drop the actual useful loot, IE augs, too infrequently.
    The pick threshold is terrible, but this doesn't just apply to GMM. Been dropped from a pick almost every night when I've tried to utilize them there though. Can't stand that a pick can spin up and drop before my LOTD is even over.
    Nearly every guild that can beat this content, is doing it every raid week because it drops best in slot loot that you cannot get anywhere else as there is no vendor.
    Guilds that cannot apply enough dps to beat the dragon will give up, but not because the loot isnt worth it. The lag on the raids actually tends to help, not hurt.

That being said you're the first person I have heard complain about any lag whatsoever in the static version of the zone.
    Raccoo likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

I like clockworks.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. svann Augur

This baloney is so unreal it makes the rest of your post not even worth evaluating.
    Cailen, Duder and Maedhros like this.
  15. Borune Journeyman

Yes let's get this over with already
    Spellfire, AcemoneyFV, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  16. Raccoo Augur

We do the GMM raids every week.

Rustbottom I've had lag on, most was due to my over-use of gina triggers for everything so I trimmed them and now almost all the lag is gone.

Good rule of thumb is, if you ever have loads of lag on a raid, /logfile off and see if it goes away to rule out that.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  17. Spankage Elder

Any guild is ignorant if they aren't farming all 3 GMM raids each week. We do them, we rarely lag, everyone gets best-in-slot loot. It's simply too easy for the quality of items you're getting.

One option is to have every player in your raid, save the tank, type /afk on. They'll all need to check "Hide AFK players" in their options menu and they'll need to type /shown off. We've utilized this to much success on the more lag-heavy raids such as GMM 1 and Palace.

That being said, I hate the static zone for many of the reasons Maedhros listed.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. svann Augur

/clearall
    also helps