Blatant botting is completely out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Yimin Augur

Overcrowding ? Not with pick zones !

YiMin
    Dsuna and Voxynn like this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

WTB pick zones/instances of VT and other old content that is camped 24/7/365.

Or some of those clickies on modern stuff.
  3. Brohg Augur

There are a lot of long time players who went though both of the major merges and are completely fine with seeing two more.
    Dsuna and Laronk like this.
  4. Voxynn Elder

No there are not. The Majority of people here on the forums (which is a MORE then viable size source) clearly do not want another server merge.
  5. Voxynn Elder

Every time there is a server merge thread. The VAST majority of people do not want it.
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Yup that solves it:rolleyes:
  7. Brohg Augur

This assertion needs substantiating
    Coagagin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Raccoo Augur

Well, maybe those Alaskan/Hawaii late night raiders would like merges. /shrug
    Yimin likes this.
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

using this logic, every time literally anything happens in Washington there's a ton of protesters... therefore the vast majority of people must not want anything to happen....

saying that because the most vocal portion of the playerbase doesn't want something, it means the majority of the playerbase doesn't want it is a bad path to go down.. I would wager that the vast majority of players never even log into the forums more than once or twice in their EQ lifetimes. DBG has ways to gather this data if they really want it.... going off responses to forum quest threads is just poor analysis.
    Caell likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

It would be equally true that all calls for server merges should also be disregarded as well. So how about we all just stop bringing it up? Until the devs announce merges which requires a reliable mechanism to do it then fighting about it in the forums isn't helping. Also in a recent dev post it was flatly stated that there were several servers that would not be merged due to their population being above some threshold that they've established.

If at some future date there are merges and DBG allows one free server move then those guilds who are all frothing at the bits for merges but are on large servers already can advertise in order to entice people on those merged servers to transfer. However it may well be that there will be no free transfers allowed at all
  11. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

That’s not possible, because ForumQuest.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm not sure if I am suppose to be upset about the 28 bots or rather that there are not enough real people in the zone to make a full group.

Need to fix the player base before blocking the 3rd party mercenaries.

Not supporting botting at all. I just want more real people.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Best case, ban all the botters. Then decide on transfers or mergers.

People that keep arguing for forced mergers really need to consider just transferring themselves for the Daybreak cash they get every month.
    Duder likes this.
  14. blood & gufts Augur

Cannot help think that a lot of those vocal for the merges might also be botters, selling items, because a merger would result in bigger markeds for their products.
    Caell, Coagagin, Bottle and 1 other person like this.
  15. Laronk Augur

This is difficult because what if you have friends, then they need to move to the same spot as you and what about their friends. When there's a full merge + free transfers everyone who wants to stay together ends up on the new servers.

I'm on FV so I wouldn't be getting a merge (except maybe brekt) and I'm pro merge because as you can see earlier in the thread some of the night time numbers are pretty low with one server only having 44 in general chat. People say more people doesn't mean more groups, yeah that's true but there's more grouping opportunities.

Really server populations feel lower than they felt during the last two merges.
  16. Sathayorn Augur

No way could they simply be players, seeking players, so they can play... The MMO... Like it were multiplayer.
    Dsuna likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I went through the server mergers and had no problem. I would love to see all servers involved in mergers.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or maybe some of those against mergers could be botters because with more folks there are fewer places you can hide and bot 24/7.

I really don't think the majority on either side of the discussion have an evil purpose they are just for or against merger for rather mundane reasons I suspect.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Back when they were having mergers my guild had around 100 online and back then few were alts. I heard very little if any complaining about mergers other then name issues. *shrugs*

Some folks hate change and love the status quo. Some thinks change is needed at times.

To be honest most who are against mergers are not evil nor are most who are for mergers evil.
  20. code-zero Augur

Server merges resulted in so much frustration that guilds migrated to entirely new games rather than deal with it. I recall back at the last one that less than 6 months after the event there were once again calls on the forums to merge some more. You only think that you didn't have problems because you were undoubtedly busy recruiting victims of the merge