A Coirnav Exp Plea - Beating a horse deader than this server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

That is a live server or FV server XP rate talking point, yes?

Mangler gives (I think) 8.000% XP for a level 1 mob. Selos, live servers and the FV server give even more. Further, on Coirnav, you can kill a level 2 mob while level 1 and you get more than 4.800% XP. 4.8000% is not the max gain for a level 1 on Coirnav.

Regardless, feel free to post numbers for the server you are playing. It would only help the community. If you feel that a different level is better, then post those numbers.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Looks like Coirnav is alive and well after all. A server doesn't need 25 raid guilds and 4000 people to be considered active.

[IMG]
    SunDrake likes this.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

I have to admit, I left Corinav due to the XP rates and jumped to Selo. I travel a lot now with my job and just don't have time to play enough to keep up crowd on Corinav and there are so few players grouping through the lower level content that I find unless I want to solo, that I can't make any progression. On Selo, leveling goes so fast I can actually keep at least one toon near max level.
  4. Malmini New Member

Coirnav just has bad exp, if it was bumped to selo level would be awesome.
  5. Dahaman Augur

And now they are taking away Lesson of the Devoted from Coirnav.

Sheesh!
  6. Darkhain Elder

7. Dahaman Augur

Also note, this Lesson button loss and XP nerf is only affecting Coirnav. No other server is suffering this treatment. Sure, Mangler won't get the Lesson button until DON as well, but that is a 10 month from now event and they already have a built-in passive +100% XP rate anyways.

They could have waited until Coirnav got to DON, but instead, they only waited until Selos got to DON.

I'm not in to conspiracy theories, but we could use some Community Relations input here.

Edit: Dreamweaver, can you take this argument before the devs that can adjust things?

Coirnav was promised the Phinny XP rate. With vet rewards being moved to DON, Coirnav is now going to suffer an XP penalty over Phinny. The XP rate for Coirnav deserves to be looked at if this change goes through.
  8. Lortl Journeyman

It's over... Servers done. :(

Had a great time while it lasted.. Thanks for all the memories.
  9. Dahaman Augur

They are delaying the vet rewards schedule change implementation until after Coirnav reaches DON. This means that Coirnav won't lose Lesson of the Devoted afterall.

Shew!
    Clove likes this.
  10. Gremin Augur

Welcome to being old news. Once you are no longer the newest server out, the Devs treat the server like a read headed step child. Ragefire/Lockjaw has it the worse, we have no instancing like you all have had from the start. We are 4 + years in, barely get unlock announcements and are set to lose half or more of our vet rewards we have had for a long while now.
  11. Krezzy Augur

Fortunately, this wasn't the case.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Can you show me where? (Not a disagreement, would just be helpful for my notes when I take the suggestion into a meeting.)
  13. That0neguy Augur

The idea that not having Lesson makes it so Coirnav is not at the same xp rate as Phinny is a joke. Not every account has lesson. The base XP rate is the same as it is before vet rewards and after.
    Jontrann and DebonAir like this.
  14. Dahaman Augur

15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's more than just that though, the Veteran rewards are supposed to reward player loyalty - tokens from the company in recognition of the players that stick it out and stay subscribed.

This hasn't been a problem - from anybody - across Fippy, Ragefire, Lockjaw, Phinigel, all the way up to present day.

Is this something that needs to be changed? It didn't make any meaningful impact across any of the previous TLP servers. Yet again something is being taken from the player base, and this time specifically from long time players.

All of us that play on these TLP servers love Everquest, especially for those of us for whom this is the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, sojourn through these past eras. We always appreciate the positive changes that are made that impact the game and make it more enjoyable for a wider amount of players. Daybreak has made great strides in that direction - pickzones, raid instances - but unfortunately, there are still things that Daybreak has not been able to address which are still harming your players - like ST 1.0 no longer being available because of malicious people with ill intent towards your own customers, the (rampant/isolated/depending on who you ask) hacking, etc., etc...

Do you really need to be taking more things out of the game, when there are so many left in it that actively harm your players' morale?
  16. Dahaman Augur

DODH comes out Wednesday for Coirnav. That bumps the XP rate again. Before that happen, I took a fresh sample of the current XP rates. I also took my first sample of Mangler XP rates, which is something I wish I had done a year ago.

Classic Coirnav XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 4.000% XP per kill <--- verified (upthread) from pre-Gates

Gates Coirnav XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 4.800% XP per kill
    Level 2 killing level 2 = 2.800% XP per kill

Classic Mangler XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 5.200% XP per kill
    Level 2 killing level 2 = 3.029% XP per kill

Normalizing the numbers:

Classic Coirnav = 100%
    Gates Coirnav = 120%
    Classic Mangler = 130%

I had assumed Mangler had a MUCH higher XP rate due to how much people gushed over them. I had read it was 200% Classic Coirnav, but that was way off.

What is your "best guess" for the normalized DODH Coirnav XP rate?

DODH Coirnav = 150% <--- that's mine!
  17. Dahaman Augur

And the XP rate bump for Coirnav with the release of DODH over Gates XP rate?

0%

I reported this in the bug thread. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
  18. feigntrain Elder

This server's whole gimmick was that it would have slower exp rate. Why are you playing on it if you don't want slower exp rate? I didn't want slower exp, and that's why I went to Mangler.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

fixed, It was a race condition.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Always blaming the werewolves for your mistakes........