Blatant botting is completely out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

There are several good reasons to box. This is one of the best IMHO. And this from a player with max HP's, Max AA, who has never boxed. Not sure why I added that except to refute the notion that boxing is somehow mandatory to excel in this game.
  2. 4letternames New Member

If that's what you think for self-satisfaction, so be it :)

Oh by the way, he was away for 3 days because of racial slurs. Something like this:
    [IMG]

What do you think I was doing in FM? My goal is reached.
  3. Bottle Journeyman

If making 20 alts and pissing people of is your personal way to new friends and your personal satisfaction then you have a lot to learn...
  4. Laronk Augur

Like I said it's rude, while I personally would offer to help the person with their mob or rez them if they died they really did get their chance.

But there's another side to all of this bamboompowsmash! We all share this game space, if you're letting a named sit there for 30+ minutes you should expect that people are going to just take the named.
  5. Laronk Augur

I've been there, its a pain the way they did ancients instead of having a quest npc say "go kill 40 bears and come back" then on the hand in have the guy spawn.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

That goes along with checking the camp. Usually the only way people know a named is up is having a tracker or physically going over there and checking the spawns yourself occasionally. If there are toons there, then is best to ask in a /tell. They might be waiting on a guild mate to come and help or they might just let you have it. If its dead air, than pull it somewhere you can safely kill it without collateral damage. Especially if there are AE's or whatever.

That's all. Its not rocket surgery.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I kill named where they stand. Afk bots / people.. or not.

Especially in TBL.. everyone know's all named have some times multiple AE's.. If they choose to afk in a spot that a named has a % chance to spawn.. thats on THEM .. to move..

Its not on me to move named to a different location to kill it.

Its not rocket surgery. =P
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Sathayorn Augur

If this guy attacks "your" named mob, and you're too AFK to move out of the way, it's on you.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Yes, the logic works BOTH ways.

IT does not work only 1 way.

The onus of the arguement is who is afk'd .. is at fault. Both by DBG standards (must move away from mobs if you are going to afk) and by player base ettiquite..
  10. Bamboompow Augur

Why does it seem like I am wearing the Black Stetson in this little spaghetti western?
  11. Whulfgar Augur

My favorite thing ever.. was the time that guy streamed his guild raiding while he had running .. and was called out by devs .. then he disappeared mysteriously.. as the devs were watching.
  12. Crokker Lorekeeper

This thought might be better off on this thread:

Would be nice in general if "botters" could just be given their own server. If DBG finds you using an unsanctioned 3rd party software (unlike~parse, gina, magelo, etc.), the next time you log in you find all of the toons on the account moved to the "Mecha-bot" server automatically.

Saves revenue and makes all the non-offending players happy that they are not being overrun by cheaters everywhere they go.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. yosco Augur

When was that?
  14. Bamboompow Augur

[IMG]
  15. Metapsyche Augur

I think you’d be disappointed to find out how empty your server would be, lol. But honestly I think this would be hilarious and awesome, great idea.
  16. yosco Augur

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that!

That server would have one hell of a raiding scene :)
  17. Gana Augur

The next TLP!
  18. Metapsyche Augur

I think the real issue here is DBG taking an official stance and enforcing it.

A.) “Bot away!”
    B.) “Bot away! But not on TLP”
    C.) “You’ve got a week to turn that off, moving forward we’re banning everyone using third party programs”
    D.) “No third party programs allowed... *wink wink*”

Well... I guess we’re already living under option D.

I would just like to know the official stance that is going to be enforced. We all know that 7-10 mph over the speed limit is “OK”, but if you don’t pull people over who are doubling the speed limit, pretty soon everyone’s driving around like they’re Jeff Gordon.
    Duder likes this.
  19. JeffHanson Augur

There seem to be a lot more bots than real players in every EoK and RoS zone. That's a sad commentary on just how out of control this problem has become.
    Duder likes this.
  20. yosco Augur

I sometimes wonder what the server economies would look like without people farming stuff while botting a few toons. Or how server populations would be if DBG enforced truebox restrictions on the Live servers.

Whether you want to admit it or not, boxers are probably the only thing keeping live servers afloat. Also, the vast majority that I've run into were pleasant and reasonable... not the ridiculously rude bunch that some perceive them to be.