Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Erm, I don't think you quite understand what's being mentioned here. On live, this will have no effect (as long as the account has the required amount of play time), because servers are past VoA, and will have all Vet AA's unlocked, this is really going to only affect TLP by making the ability available in alignment with when it would have unlocked in chronological fashion.
  2. Froglok Augur

The Paladin AA Rez Gift of Resurrection is a 90 rez they can use anytime, to include in combat to battle rez.

The Paladin rez Restore Life is a 96 rez they can only use out of combat.

So the big question now is, will the new Rank 2 Gift of Resurrection allow 96 rezzes even while in combat, or will it also carry the out of combat restriction?

If it carries the restriction, this will force Paladins to either forego battle rezzing or waste a spell slot for a rez spell.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Combined: A flame snail on 9/10/2019

Allaynaex - 923
    --- Admonish Rk. III - 30
    --- Aurora of Morninglight Rk. III - 1
    --- Balefire Burst I - 1
    --- Banestrike - 42
    --- Blessed Guardian Heal III - 47
    --- Blessing of Life XXIII - 47
    --- Brilliant Exoneration Rk. III - 26
    --- Censure Rk. III - 82
    --- Condemnation Strike III - 20
    --- Cripple - 210
    --- Defiant Stance Rk. III - 2
    --- Dissident Force - 13
    --- Flames of the Valiant - 1
    --- Flames of the Valiant Strike - 9
    --- Force of Disruption XVII - 78
    --- Force of Mercy Rk. III - 11
    --- Gift of Life VII - 1
    --- Group Armor of the Inquisitor IV - 1
    --- Harmonious Blessing Rk. III - 1
    --- Illusion: Djinn Emissary - 1
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment Strike XXVI - 25
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment XXVI - 1
    --- Jann's Light - 39
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 66
    --- Marr's Gift III - 1
    --- Merciful Fury Strike III - 51
    --- Necromantic Curse - 1
    --- Oil Spray - 0
    --- Preservation of Rodcet Rk. III - 2
    --- Refute for Honor Rk. III - 6
    --- Rousing Zeal - 1
    --- Second Spire of Holiness IV - 1
    --- Shield Flash - 1
    --- Splash of Depuration Rk. III - 2
    --- Thunder of Karana II - 1
    --- Valiant Diversion Rk. III - 97
    --- Valorous Rage IX - 1
    --- Vampiric Aura - 1
    --- Wave of Expiation Rk. III - 2

Produced by GamParse v2.0.0.97 BETA

I molo'd 5 mobs on test with AEs or DDs and had 0 shield of brilliance fires.

/GU -vs- A gale - Spells Cast By: A gale: 9 | Baffling Rainbow: 4 | Tornado Swirl: 5

/GU -vs- A fire snail - Spells Cast By: A fire snail: 11 | Breathe Fire: 6 | Fireball: 5

/GU -vs- A fire snail - Spells Cast By: A fire snail: 9 | Breathe Fire: 5 | Fireball: 4

/GU -vs- A flame snail - Spells Cast By: A flame snail: 24 | Breathe Fire: 14 | Fireball: 10

/GU -vs- A flame snail - Spells Cast By: A flame snail: 4 | Breathe Fire: 2 | Fireball: 2

It's either not working or 5% is far too low a percent.
  4. Allayna Augur

Currently working as a 96% in combat rez.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not commenting one way or another on efficacy of the change, but none of the spells you listed are reflectable, which is a prerequisite for the ability to function in the first place.
  6. Allayna Augur

Fair enough. That's my fault for not doing the back search on the DDs to find one that is reflected to test. Just went for a high DD frequency area of mobs.

If the paladin rez being in-combat 96% on a 20 second refresh is intentional, I'd say the druids and shaman need a look at their in-combat rez abilities as well.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Changes to Shadowknight's Reavers Bargain I and II didn't make the patch notes. Not sure if this is just housecleaning or something actually changed here.

From EQ Resource:

Reaver's Bargain I:
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Absorb Damage using Mana: 1%' to 'Absorb Damage using Mana: 100%'
    - Description changed from 'The Reaver's Bargain can be activated only if you are above 20% mana and endurance.
    Consumes 750 endurance per second to allow you to absorb 1% of incoming damage with your mana, protects against 75% of damage over 25000 points per strike for up to 1000000 total damage, and increases your unconscious health by 40000 points for 2m 30s (25 Ticks).

Once started the Reaver's Bargain cannot be ended early and should your mana or endurance drop below 20% you will be overcome by Reaver's Exhaustion which ends the bargain and drains your remaining mana and endurance.' to 'The Reaver's Bargain can be activated only if you are above 20% mana and endurance.
    Consumes 750 endurance per second to allow you to absorb 100% of incoming damage with your mana, protects against 75% of damage over 25000 points per strike for up to 1000000 total damage, and increases your unconscious health by 40000 points for 2m 30s (25 Ticks).

Once started the Reaver's Bargain cannot be ended early and should your mana or endurance drop below 20% you will be overcome by Reaver's Exhaustion which ends the bargain and drains your remaining mana and endurance.'

Reaver's Bargain II:
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Absorb Damage using Mana: 1%' to 'Absorb Damage using Mana: 100%'
    - Description changed from 'The Reaver's Bargain can be activated only if you are above 20% mana and endurance.
    Consumes 750 endurance per second to allow you to absorb 1% of incoming damage with your mana, protects against 75% of damage over 25000 points per strike for up to 1500000 total damage, and increases your unconscious health by 50000 points for 2m 30s (25 Ticks).

Once started the Reaver's Bargain cannot be ended early and should your mana or endurance drop below 20% you will be overcome by Reaver's Exhaustion which ends the bargain and drains your remaining mana and endurance.' to 'The Reaver's Bargain can be activated only if you are above 20% mana and endurance.
    Consumes 750 endurance per second to allow you to absorb 100% of incoming damage with your mana, protects against 75% of damage over 25000 points per strike for up to 1500000 total damage, and increases your unconscious health by 50000 points for 2m 30s (25 Ticks).

Once started the Reaver's Bargain cannot be ended early and should your mana or endurance drop below 20% you will be overcome by Reaver's Exhaustion which ends the bargain and drains your remaining mana and endurance.'
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Since when did healing adept start to work on health of target target abilities? I thought it specifically didn't work on them because we aren't casting those directly, which was why paladins received glorious reflection, to increase healing from HOTT heals. I don't get how that ability is redundant, sounds more like they are just nerfing our hott healing for no reason.

I find it hard to believe every single paladin over the last decade never noticed it was "not working".

Shield of brilliance I'm meh about, because the devs have made almost every freaking spell over the last 5-10 years not able to reflect, and most things that matter unresistable, rendering SoB and Sanctification worthless.

Identify AA was specifically put in for the CoTF quest, piecing together history.

Not sure why I bother commenting, they will push it live without any changes because that is their pattern. Our feedback is immaterial. Like the Helix nerf.
    Duder and Maedhros like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not that I care about TLP, but didn't DoN come out right before the 6th eq anniversary, but vet rewards (including intensity) came out for the 5th anniversary? So why would it move from GoD (vet rewards came out like a month after gates was released) to DoN?
  10. Riou EQResource

Right now I'm kinda thinking they just made the current test value / 100 to get a %, where before it was just raw %, so they can have finer control (like letting it be say 1.2% or 1.8% or w/e instead of just 1 or 2)
    Dzarn and Beimeith like this.
  11. Maedhros High King

If Glorious Reflection is indeed redundant with Healing Adept, then fine, but I am definitely skeptical.
  12. Allayna Augur

It's still 1%.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is correct. It should be base1 / 100
  14. Froglok Augur

I assume you mean on the test server?
  15. Aelen Augur

Both are SPA 125 AA sources, so they don't stack. There's no difference between them aside from a target restriction applied to Glorious Reflection, so if Healing Adept didn't work, neither would Glorious Reflection.

To test, remove your neck and any other variable source of SPA125 and test for non-crit values on a lowbie mob, and note that there's no variance in those values. The 10-12 on Glorious Reflection would result in 3 different possible values if it was working. I just did, it isn't.

I also did the math for what stuff my little pally alt has,and Healing Adept is most certainly working on HoTT spells. Its been that way for a few years at least, at least as early as I started messing with pally heal math. Never saw it work any other way.
  16. Melorabo New Member

Could you also please consider making Guild Hall Traveler (Visit your Guild Hall) an optional achievement? Currently Norrathian Explorer cannot be completed without joining a guild.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. josh Augur

I just checked glorious reflection on live, apparently it doesn't do anything. and healing adept does work fine soooo, meh.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

I think I used the Find AA for the Ros VP key quest "Scaled Key" to determin what drops I have and still needed sill but my Alt has a drop and that info is on the Lore tab now what one it is.
  19. Allayna Augur

I posted in the test update thread, ya...?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Jadenpain Scholar

Shadowknight - Summon Remains now consumes 4 Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffins when cast.

we have an aa to reduce the spell versions whats the point in charging us 210 plat to call a corpse?

also i have done a few pulls w/ multi mobs the change seems way off. im going to parse the same pull a few more times but my average ropo % went from mid to high 40%s to low 20% and dodge only increase from 7 to 10 % so we are taking alot more damage. (full 1st set of mobs from darkness howls)