Eok T3 Raid - The Kar`Zok - Reaper's Killing Strike

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

You listed dps and moving out of an AE....as examples?

Versus

A barrier that damages you and flings you back across the room if you try and enter it without first getting the shield drops from doing the raid? Bet it feels good “winning” that way....
  2. Brohg Augur

It's sometimes a fine line, playing to beat content versus playing to beat developers. The tactic Mehdisin Mahn describes doesn't appeal to me since the intended interaction fully works, but using in-game tools to beat in-game challenges doesn't feel really like cheating. Additionally, though, I suspect the first part of it "burn down all the assaulters" may be out of reach of a raid without blockers in September 2019, so there's not much need to then work out how to sploit blockers (especially for classes lacking built-in shadowsteps) without breaking their shields.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Like sticking healers in the water under Sleeper's bridge? Peeps were banned over that.

What's considered an exploit or not is arbitrary to the GM/Dev. Always has been. Always will be. The players' summary definition of an exploit means nothing.
  4. Allayna Augur

If it feels dirty, it's probably an exploit, you can always report it and then you'll know for sure though.
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I would think burning down the assaulters is more do-able now, as levels + baseline tanking + dps have improved markedly since EOK. Even if they don't get the blockers they would possibly get the win + loot, or see the remaining mechanics for the raid (if they haven't seen them yet).

also love how you threw in "sploit blockers". it's a good forum-quest strategy, to assume your point has been conceded and move on... doesn't make it correct, but it makes for good FQ =).

side note, which classes don't get leap abilities these days? once shamans got them years and years ago I pretty much assumed everyone had one.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Clerics and mages don't get a leap ability that I know of, but can use the jetpack/rocket boots.
  7. Drakang Augur

We always burned reaper down 10% to lessen the emotes. Then killed the flame assaulters then just killed beetles until the frost assaulter shields were broken. Flame assaulters are so much more of a pain to break. Can kite the frost guys around the scaffolding area if tanking them is an issue. The stun is the only issue in kiting but not a problem if you stay far enough ahead. Only real issue is finding the @#$@#%# shields on the ground or the scaffolding or where ever they happen to stick when broken (Collectible glow effect would have been so nice). Grab one, equip run up to snow in and out of the aura till its used up, grab another and repeat. Once her shield is down have an SK range tank her. SK should be able to hold DPS and take no damage while range DPS takes her down and melee take down reaper.

Make sure the box breakers are in front of her and close. Just hold at the end on killing snow till all have the blocker. Once you get your main DPS and healers the blocker it gets much easier.
  8. Lianeb Augur

It always amazed me when people said this during EoK.
    The first aura in the room if you do not damage either name is frost.

3 People get a frost aura. ALL they have to do is target a flame assaulter (it can even be the same one) and you will get three hits and a Crack every time on all 3, from the first wave.

There is no you need to get close, put the mob in the aura, nothing. Just target one of them.
    eepok and Allayna like this.
  9. Brohg Augur

if the three circles are stacked, and the flame assaulters in the stacked white circles, then all will break at once
    Koryu likes this.
  10. Allayna Augur

We’ve always broken flame first or only if we weren’t doing the achievements for all 6 breaks.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Negative
    The players with the aura only need to target one. That is all that needs to happen
  12. Brohg Augur

to break all three at once?
  13. Lianeb Augur

If the 3 people that get the auras target a flame assaulter all 3 will crack and break in one shot
    I am not sure about a range (I am sure there is) but we never found it.
    When we did this raid we would start killing frost assaulters.
    Until we got the first frost auras, then we would kill the sphere and reaper to like 94 or so, while doing this the 3 people with auras would target a flame assaulter and all 3 shields would crack and break In one shot.

Some things of note:
    We never designated which assaulter each person had to target
    Generally all the assaulters were at the raid
    A person with an aura could be pretty far away as long as they targeted one
    Doing flame like this verse frost kiting at scaffold seemed 10x faster
    Tanks for frost are not exposed to the aura required to break the frost shields
  14. Lianeb Augur

I just grabbed a log file that I figured had the raid in it, this is what I found.

[Sun May 21 20:11:36 2017] a flame assaulter's fiery shield cracks from the shock of the Freezing Pulse.
    [Sun May 21 20:11:36 2017] a flame assaulter's fiery shield cracks from the shock of the Freezing Pulse.
    [Sun May 21 20:11:36 2017] a flame assaulter's fiery shield shatters from the shock of the Freezing Pulse!
    [Sun May 21 20:11:36 2017] a flame assaulter's fiery shield shatters from the shock of the Freezing Pulse!
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

This is blowing my mind. I can't wait to try this.
  16. Drakang Augur

Interesting that targeting works vice having to get them in the aura. Keeping them close does assume you can tank them all at the start vice kiting some to reduce healing need.
  17. Allayna Augur

We run 3 tank, 3 melee, 3 caster dps groups. Occasionally we swing a tank group out for more dps on some events, but with 6 assaulters plus the beetle and reaper....in era, you were looking at 6 - 8 tanks without a death.
  18. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

sounds like an exploit to me =P
  19. Lianeb Augur

Good call.

Though putting them in the aura does nothing if you don't target it
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Gods.. I cant wait for yall to hit maeratas raid event..
    eepok likes this.